PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm back!

All my previous decluttering efforts are STILL in the spare room.
    Heaven help me!

One coat has been added to it today LOL

I need to get better at all this....
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well that was a ridiculously busy weekend!!! :eek: So little time for decluttering........however, a couple of sneaky moves were made lol ;)
    1 box of paper rose petal confetti GONE at long last as it's deemed environmentally unfriendly at local wedding venues. So it got dispersed within their present and card packaging, lol they will get a confetti bomb when they pull it all out :rotfl:

Some craft bits used up to make a wedding and birthday card (have so much to use up!!)
    1 empty bottle of nail fluid lurking in my bedroom
    Mothers Day flowers into garden bin

155/2019
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    savvy wrote: »
    Mothers Day flowers into garden bin

They lasted well! I love having flowers in the house. Accidentally/on purpose bought one more bunch than I really needed for my church flowers - they look lovely on the mantlepiece.
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • dollypeeps
    dollypeeps Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone ....

Just caught up with everyone's been doing and what they've decluttered...
    Looks like everyone has had a super weekend - how could we not with the weather so obliging !

Not so much has gone on here at the Dollypeeps Estate....dh chopped and bagged wood so at least the garden is tidier and we are adding to our wood for cooler weather
    Lots of comings and goings with people off doing various activities ( dd had a weatherlicious long weekend in Tenby couldn't have asked for better ....or for dh and DS sporting activities ).. C whilst I very ably held the fort from my throne sans garden !!:))

Today I've done a bit tho.....

5 doors to the tip .
    1 hose reel to the tip
    1 bag of wood off cuts full of nails to the tip

Today's total 7

Charity shop was reluctant to take my offerings ( such as toys and books) as they were running out of space!!!!

They did take them tho don't know what changed her mind
    Grocery spends £193.44/ £70 per week or £303 per month
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not managed to post for a while. Must do better

377-390 loads of work related journals of mine and DH.
    392-394 loads of paperwork and accounts shredded.
    395-396 shoes binned
    397 slippers binned
    398 old pair of jeans
    399 pair of stained trousers
    400 a golf tees
    401 a video
    402-403 books given to friends
    404-405 magazines to DH work
    406-407 assorted oaperclips and such like
    408 broken folder
  • Roxie
    Roxie Posts: 635 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am really late to his decluttering party (didn't even realise there was one tbh) but if you will have me, can I join please?

I seem to have somehow accumulated so much 'stuff' and have decided a lot of it has to go. I eventually would like to have a tidy house but will settle for just one tidy room to start with.

Made a start this weekend and have 1 black bag of rubbish, 2 bags of recycling and 1 bag for charity shop. Aiming to spend an hour each weekend decluttering and will start with the dining room as it's the least cluttered so will give me the quickest result.
    MFW 2021 No: 33 £45000/£45000 Mortgage free @ 11/6/21 🥳
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yesterday I cleared out the underbed storage boxes which I have had for 25 years. There are 6 of them and being made of cardboard from #keya have lasted very well. Some are falling to bits so I got rid of 3 into recycling and will get rid of the rest when I have a place for what is in them which happens to belong to DH.

I have a nice little pile for the CS but also a larger pile of coats and bedding for refugees. Much better than going into the tip. A friend of mine was horrified that the local council chucked a huge nearly new quilt into a general skip instead of a recycling one.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Quite a warm day but cloudy so didn’t actually see the sun at all :( However a nice breeze so stripped the bed (including the mattress protector), washed & line dried. I need DH’s help to swivel the mattress before I remake it :o
    DH has been busy today - he has planted up the flowers we bought yesterday; enlarged the hanging hole on the sickle; watered all the plants; scrubbed the birds water bowls; put up a bug box on the side of the shed; arranged for his name sake plumber to come tomorrow; he & DSis have gone off to the chicken place for our dinner as I cba’d to cook :p
    You will all like this :rotfl: whilst he was in the garage a chap turned up & said he had noticed DH working on his motorbike so did DH have suitable tools to get a battery out of a VW Beetle :rotfl: Now how this chap had seen DH we do not know as he lives on a completely different road & there would be no need to go past our house to get to the main road :rotfl: it will have to remain a mystery :huh:
    DH said yes - so they arranged for the chap to bring the car around. After some messing around by DH & DSis with a minimum of assistance from the car owner :rotfl: they managed to get the old battery out & put the new one in. Money was offered but refused - who needs the hassle if there is a problem :p
    I sorted one deep kitchen drawer - couple of bits for CS then spent time sorting & tidying ‘my shed’ :rotfl: Everything is now shelved & tidy & ‘like is with like’. Various bits were thrown away, repurposed or relocated to the garage ;) DH will be putting up some more garden tools hooks. Made lunch for DH & DSis. Did the evening watering of plants.

1136 - 1143 Two plastic lids, 2 cardboard boxes, newspaper, magazine, empty plastic container, 0.5” paper - Recycled
    1144 - 1152 Empty top soil bag filled with garden detritus, rotting garden fleece, 3 plastic garden pots, plastic takeaway box, broken plastic garden tile, plastic tray, plastic film - Binned
    1153 - 1156 Pair of kitchen cupboard handles (still packaged as they weren’t long enough to replace current handles :( plus I didn’t like them :p), 2 circular trivets, Squirrel Hotel - CS bag

Finally into cheerleading :rotfl:

Well Done Ginmonster (Nice to see how other people utilise their space :)); GreenQueen (you have been busy :)); whmf00001; nannywindow - I like it ‘one in, one out’; never too old (you never know DD might be a frequent visitor :rotfl: & she has helped you declutter :rotfl:); savvy; dollypeeps; villagelife - The posting is secondary to the decluttering :rotfl: & you have been keeping up with the decluttering :); :T:T

gilly1964, 3 years :eek: not sure my DSis has that amount of patience :rotfl:

Welcome back CAFCGirl :hello: RL has obviously got in the way of decluttering ;) It sounds like you have all your clutter corralled in one room - so that is a start :T When you go in again, just pick a small section & be brutal ;) You will soon be back on track :D

Tomorrow DH will put up the extra hooks in the shed & we will clean/oil all our garden tools. Then - deep breath _pale_ we are going to tackle ‘The Under Stairs Cupboard of Doom’ :eek: The intention is to put up shelves & hooks & a couple of stick on lights to make it a proper storage space for coats, shoes, vacuum etc. Well that is the plan :rotfl:

See you all tomorrow :j

MrsSD
    1156/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Roxie wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am really late to his decluttering party (didn't even realise there was one tbh) but if you will have me, can I join please?

I seem to have somehow accumulated so much 'stuff' and have decided a lot of it has to go. I eventually would like to have a tidy house but will settle for just one tidy room to start with.

Made a start this weekend and have 1 black bag of rubbish, 2 bags of recycling and 1 bag for charity shop. Aiming to spend an hour each weekend decluttering and will start with the dining room as it's the least cluttered so will give me the quickest result.

:hello: Roxie - Welcome to the ‘Decluttering Bandwagon’ we lurve to see ‘new faces’ & we are all very happy that you found us :D It is never too late to join in ;) Well Done on the start you have made :T You have also made a plan & a quick result is definitely the way to go. It will spur you on & before you know it you will have caught the ‘Decluttering Bug’ & will be on the look out for ‘stuff’ to be rid of :rotfl: So, good luck & happy decluttering ;)

MrsSD
    1156/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • keepcalmandcraft
    Options
    We have been decluttering mil's house and so have recluttered our own! Lots of work to do but it is proving emotionally difficult for DH to let go of some things. We'll work through it slowly together and I'll tidy things up so he can find things when he is ready to go through them.
    Stash busting challenge 2024: 3/100 £0/£50 Fashion on the ration 2024: 0/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport