edited 5 July 2019 at 9:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.8K replies 319.8K views

Replies

• MiniLauraMiniLaura Forumite
    482 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    MiniLaura wrote: »
    Confession time - I bought a large storage unit from IKEA - the ones with the cubby holes...12 .... time to fill it up with all my stuff that's been lying around the living room for a while. Looks very smart and has let me sort out the I'm keeping stuff from the get rid pile.....just that to work through, today, decluttered al the cardboard packaging to recycling and a few empty boxes going too - 4 items out - at 31 now I think?

big ebay push planned for this evening with some crafting items.

Bras going to bravissmo this weekend, unsure how many will go.....

A long needed update!

32 36 bras to bravissimo
    37 43 ebay items sold
    44 -49shoes to recyling
    50. - 51 clothes recycling
    52 garden chair decluttered
    53 - 58 various bathroom items replaced and old ones binned

Quite a few plans for more items to be rehomed, next push is on
    :j Debt-Free-Wannabe! :j
    Declutter/Ebay/Savings
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

DH & I had a lovely time yesterday at his niece’s house. Everyone from that branch of the family was there including the almost one year old :D who was obviously the centre of attention :rotfl: Everyone enjoyed the focaccia & those who like olives enjoyed the pot of home grown & pickled olives. Even better I have had a request from 2 other members of the family for a pot each :D how happy am I :rotfl: Enough food for twice as many people, plenty of beer for me & soft drinks for DH as he was driving :) Lots of catching up, laughter & cooing over ‘the boy’ :rotfl:
    We acquired some more stalks of rhubarb :j We got home just before 9 p.m. having left just after noon. DSis had baked a chocolate coconut cake & decorated it for us - bunnies & mini chocolate eggs & icing. Looks very professional & is tasty too :D:D Thank you DSis :T:T

Another proper summer’s day - 2 loads of washing done & line dried :T Today we all pottered :rotfl:
    DH watered the plants this morning & then we went out on the motorbike - sm for dinner ingredients, B and Q for ballcock repair kit & flowers for a 2nd tub. The overflow pipe from the water tank in the loft has been ‘raining’ :( DH tried to turn the water off but the tap will not budge :mad: Dinner was steak, chips, fried onions, mushrooms in a cream & mustard sauce, snap peas & baby sweetcorn. Scrumptious :drool:

1124 - 1133 Empty beer can, 2 lots of cardboard packaging, paper packaging, cardboard box, plastic takeaway box, newspaper, 3 drinks cans, small plastic pot - Recycled

Well Done Saver-upper :T Thank you for reminding us that once we have decluttered we must NOT let our guard down :rotfl:

Well Done somerandom, choille, Marpau, short_bird, Rootle, Wednesday2000 & MiniLaura :T Keep up the good work :T

See you all tomorrow :j

MrsSD
    1134/2019
  • GinmonsterGinmonster Forumite
    481 posts
    I got rid of loads of kids clothing, books and toys at the weekend to a relative with a younger child so I'm very happy! The loft is still not quite tidy but there's space to move around in now and that's big progress.

We stayed in an Airbnb at the weekend and although it was a much smaller house than ours it felt really spacious as the owners clearly only kept what they used and needed in it. It was a real eye opener as to how much nicer our living space could be with less stuff in it! It's something to aim towards at least.
  • GreenQueenGreenQueen Forumite
    525 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Not a bad weekend, and found some time to relax (walking and BBQ). Been decluttering even if I haven't been posting.

203-225 CS items (mostly outgrown children's clothes)
    226-227 extra black bags full of "various"
    228 pile of papers to recycling - more "various"
    229-231 trugs of garden waste into green recycling
    232-233 finished off 2 almost used bottles cleaning products
    234 finished off almost used bottle shampoo
    235 unclicked all the links giving me ads in facebook (time will tell if this really works!)

Also got a pile for DD to sort - hopefully at least half will go to charity shop, plus a couple pairs of outgrown football boots that should be able to be sold. And a couple of "quick win" areas with lots of old paper - watch this space!
    2020 - banish the clutter - 8/2020
  • gilly1964gilly1964 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All

I hope you all had a good Easter break, we were away for the weekend so have decluttered some stress in a much needed restful break.

652-665 Teaspoons to CS
    666 OOD mint tea to dustbin
    667 Wedding dress to charity which makes gowns for babies born sleeping
    668-692 Empty bottles to recycling, son had a a few friends round whilst we were away, the house was left clean with only bottles to remove so no complaints from me

692/2019

Have a good day
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    gilly1964 wrote: »
    Hi All

667 Wedding dress to charity which makes gowns for babies born sleeping
    668-692 Empty bottles to recycling, son had a a few friends round whilst we were away, the house was left clean with only bottles to remove so no complaints from me

692/2019

Have a good day

gilly1964, can you please tell me which charity, as my DSis has her wedding dress to donate & she likes the idea?

What a result re the party - you have raised a good’un :D

1135 Cardboard packaging - Recycled

MrsSD
    1135/2019
  • Have found out 3 handbags to take to cs, also a briefcase (maybe 2). I have the drum part of a Vax carpet cleaner, used, and a handle thing, not sure where the rest of the kit is so I think it will have to go to the tip as I do not know what the main machine is so cannot offer it on Freegle, there is ia pack of the bags so they can go to the cs as I think they fit in vacuum cleaners too. Am currently asking next doors if they have any plastic bottles so I can re-use in garden as sort of mini greenhouses. Not much I know but every little helps.
  • gilly1964gilly1964 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    gilly1964, can you please tell me which charity, as my DSis has her wedding dress to donate & she likes the idea?
    1135/2019

Hi Mrs SD,

I sent mine to Cherished Angels, it does take a very long time as they get loads donated. It was over 3 years before they would take mine.

There are other charities, if I remember their names I will PM you.
  • nannywindownannywindow Forumite
    1.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hello :wave:
    I hope everyone is well, hugs and healing vibes being sent if not.
    Tomorrow is bin collection day and the bin, the cardboard, the plastics/ glass and the food waste containers are full to bursting, so I'll be glad when the refuse men have been. They are not normally that full but the family have been here for lunch and tea on both Sunday and Monday. I can't believe how much packaging there is on food these days :mad:. The DGC are here again tonight for a sleep over, so more food decluttering will be done :j. I have also resigned a holey tea towel to the rag bag, but not much else has occurred :o. My washing line has snapped again ( managed to reroute it through the whirly last time ) so I need to get a new one and then this one can be binned.
    I must get back to decluttering next week as the schools return and the parents are back at work, then we can do a few tip trips without jostling for position :eek:. It will be mostly just us oldies to vie for position then :rotfl:.
    Take care and happy decluttering.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • never_too_oldnever_too_old Forumite
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Gave some cleaning products to my daughter in law,she was delighted and made an ever so tiny dent in my supplies.Organised under my sink so everything all neat and tidy but most importantly accessible..
    My husband has cleared a huge area of our garden and it looks so much better:D

DD has moved a few boxes to her new house and the rest will be gone over the next bank holiday.Exciting for her sad for me:(
    £2020 in 2020 challenge no 100 £11.75/£2020
    1% challenge no 70
    2019 Frugal Living Challenge

£2077.52 / 2019