Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

2019 - A Clutter Free Life - Page 187

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

edited 5 July 2019 at 8:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.8K replies 320.4K views

Replies

• daisy_1571daisy_1571 Forumite
    488 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    choille wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could sell a fur coat? It's too good to dispose of & someone would probably pay for it. It's a late Auntie's.

Catching up on a few pages so I'm maybe too late - if you dont get it sold I believe zoos sometimes take fur coats for the baby animals that they sometimes have to hand rear

Daisy xx
    "Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion" Take hold of every moment by anon

The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a lovely thing to do :- ) Very Akuna Matata :- ) Hope that is the correct usage!
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives.

Savings Pot Challenge 1.10.20 to 31.12.20: £23.20 to 6.12.20
  • dollypeepsdollypeeps Forumite
    190 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good afternoon declutterers!!

Just come down from The Room Of Doom...ahem I'm mean attic .....

I found a carrier bag full of old cards. They were DS birth and welcome cards along with his 1st Brithday cards.....he s 21 next month :eek::eek: ......some one please tell me that they have way older stuff that they have hoarded!!!! And the worst thing is I've left it there ..... Why :o???? There are some people who sent the cards and I can't even remember them!!!! But then some are off people who have passed away.....give me a few days to get over these feelings and then I think they can join his 2nd year birthday cards in the recycling bin....

Ok then today's list....

1 blue jumper - CS bag
    5 unused text/notebook - CS bag
    1 pile of old birthday cards age 2 - recycling bin
    1 Rodial brown eyeliner - bin ( it had a red tint what was I thinking?!)
    1 Sylvanian family tree house thing - CS bag
    :j mortgage now £0 as of June 2019:

:T:j:T:j:T:j TOTALLY DEBT FREE:j:T:j:T:j:
  • Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    306-308. Three tip runs with rest of the tree
    309. Old timber to the tip

310. Final parts of tree to the tip
    311. Wood to the tip.
    312-313. Two bin bags of stripped wallpaper to the tip
    314. Old insulation into tip.
    315-316. Two cardboard boxes to tip
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs 2020 - 251 AFDs to end of November
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809, 2020 - £1827.14/£1750
  • notmy1sttimenotmy1sttime Forumite
    55 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    I am reporting for duty!

I sorted a bin bag of stuff from my van, now in the bu=in ready for collection. I am afraid I have re-cluttered the house with some charity shop bargains, I mean real proper bargains from the posh town where posh people donate barely warn high end stuff and I get it for like £2, £4, £4, £7 and £10. I will however make up for this by having a clear out and donating my lesser quality, much more worn and not as well fitting equivalents to my local charity (not in a posh town).
    I have also chucked a couple of items towards the CS bag to be taken on my next drop off.

Dollypeeps - know how you feel about the cards, I recently found my 18th birthday cards (I am nearly 42!) and sadly it included a few from people who have since passed on.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

What a glorious day it was today - blue skies, sunny & hot :T Needless to say no indoor or garage decluttering :p DH not well - possibly flu as achy & shivery, hot & cold (not ‘man flu’ as my DH is ‘one in a million’ & if he has a sniffle it is a cold & he gets annoyed :rotfl: rather than pretending/thinking he is ill. I kept him busy though :rotfl: sent him off to get gravel - via the Tip (so metals & plastic shelving unit gone) - so we could plant our new cherry blossom tree. Then we planted it in a pot & also planted the 4 flowering plants he had bought. DSis was also feeling unwell - stomach problems. Dinner was breadcrumbed veal, baby potatoes, peas & sweetcorn - it was delicious but DSis only ate half :(
    Whilst DH was out I weeded & pruned the front hedge + weeded the path - kerb appeal restored :rotfl:

1095 Empty beer bottle & metal lid - Recycled
    1096 Garden waste bagged ready for collection
    1097 One old key identified & added to metals - Tip

You did make me 😂 dollypeeps & yes I hoarded my 21st birthday cards & only recycled them a few weeks ago (38 years :eek:) Some suggestions - photograph the important cards OR make a collage OR find a shoebox for mementos of DS’s milestones. Well Done on the decluttering that you did do :T

Well Done Barny1979 - you have been busy :T

You are forgiven for the recluttering, notmy1sttime :rotfl: If I had access to a posh CS & found clothing that I liked I would reclutter in a heartbeat :rotfl: & you are decluttering your less posh stuff :rotfl:

See you all tomorrow - hopefully another sunny day :D

MrsSD
    1097/2019

• edited 19 April 2019 at 3:39PM
    Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 April 2019 at 3:39PM
    A proper summer’s day :j Clear blue skies, sunshine & heat :T These are the days when a south facing garden is a joy :D Yes I am out in the garden, edwink :rotfl:

Felt a bit guilty about not decluttering, so had a quick look in my spice box & got rid of 4 jars - 2002 :eek: Emptied, washed, dried & recycled :D

1098 - 1101 Four glass jars - Recycled

All just sitting around watching the birds. DH still feeling rough.

See you later

MrsSD
    1101/2019

P.S. My home grown & home pickled olives now taste lovely & I have put them all in jars - some in olive oil & lots in brine. One small jar is being gifted.
    P.P.S. 1102 - 1103 Plastic bottle, empty beer bottle - Recycled

MrsSD
    1103/2019

• Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    310. Final parts of tree to the tip
    311. Wood to the tip.
    312-313. Two bin bags of stripped wallpaper to the tip
    314. Old insulation into tip.
    315-316. Two cardboard boxes to tip

317-318. Cardboard into recycling
    319. Papers into recycling
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs 2020 - 251 AFDs to end of November
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809, 2020 - £1827.14/£1750
  • nannywindownannywindow Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, I hope everyone is well.
    I have been in the garden lately, tidying and mowing the lawns, consequently both my green waste bins are now full again. We also had a delivery of a caravan mover this week, so more packaging to get rid of :mad:.

We are having the family for lunch and tea on Sunday and Monday so lots of food will be decluttered :D, including a large Easter egg for me and DH to share :EasterBun ( but not if I get there first :rotfl: )
    I hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend. :icotbaske
    Take care

nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • MadamMim2013MadamMim2013 Forumite
    845 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Hellooo all.. :hello:
    I have been busy in my absence (always read along thought :D)
    Today I was up and out by 9am, shopping bought for Ma, then a drop off to the Homeless charity of pillows, bed protector and cushions also a big bag of empty crisp packets to be recycled for charity. Next was a large box of items for another C’ shop along with a bag of clothes..
    Washing out on the line x2 & dried, dried packed away & all from the line now in airing cupboard..
    Whoop, so far so good..
    I think I shall read for a while this afternoon and tackle the garden tomorrow :T

Thanks for all the inspiration and cheerfulness, it really helps..;)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018