2019 - A Clutter Free Life - Page 187

New Post Advanced Search

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

edited 5 July 2019 at 9:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.8K replies 319.8K views

Replies

• daisy_1571daisy_1571 Forumite
    486 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    choille wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could sell a fur coat? It's too good to dispose of & someone would probably pay for it. It's a late Auntie's.

Catching up on a few pages so I'm maybe too late - if you dont get it sold I believe zoos sometimes take fur coats for the baby animals that they sometimes have to hand rear

Daisy xx
    "Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion" Take hold of every moment by anon

The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a lovely thing to do :- ) Very Akuna Matata :- ) Hope that is the correct usage!
  • dollypeepsdollypeeps Forumite
    189 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good afternoon declutterers!!

Just come down from The Room Of Doom...ahem I'm mean attic .....

I found a carrier bag full of old cards. They were DS birth and welcome cards along with his 1st Brithday cards.....he s 21 next month :eek::eek: ......some one please tell me that they have way older stuff that they have hoarded!!!! And the worst thing is I've left it there ..... Why :o???? There are some people who sent the cards and I can't even remember them!!!! But then some are off people who have passed away.....give me a few days to get over these feelings and then I think they can join his 2nd year birthday cards in the recycling bin....

Ok then today's list....

1 blue jumper - CS bag
    5 unused text/notebook - CS bag
    1 pile of old birthday cards age 2 - recycling bin
    1 Rodial brown eyeliner - bin ( it had a red tint what was I thinking?!)
    1 Sylvanian family tree house thing - CS bag
    :j mortgage now £0 as of June 2019:

:T:j:T:j:T:j TOTALLY DEBT FREE:j:T:j:T:j:
  • Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    306-308. Three tip runs with rest of the tree
    309. Old timber to the tip

310. Final parts of tree to the tip
    311. Wood to the tip.
    312-313. Two bin bags of stripped wallpaper to the tip
    314. Old insulation into tip.
    315-316. Two cardboard boxes to tip
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs 2020 - 159 AFDs to end of July
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809, 2020 - £1768.10/£1750
  • notmy1sttimenotmy1sttime Forumite
    54 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    I am reporting for duty!

I sorted a bin bag of stuff from my van, now in the bu=in ready for collection. I am afraid I have re-cluttered the house with some charity shop bargains, I mean real proper bargains from the posh town where posh people donate barely warn high end stuff and I get it for like £2, £4, £4, £7 and £10. I will however make up for this by having a clear out and donating my lesser quality, much more worn and not as well fitting equivalents to my local charity (not in a posh town).
    I have also chucked a couple of items towards the CS bag to be taken on my next drop off.

Dollypeeps - know how you feel about the cards, I recently found my 18th birthday cards (I am nearly 42!) and sadly it included a few from people who have since passed on.
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

What a glorious day it was today - blue skies, sunny & hot :T Needless to say no indoor or garage decluttering :p DH not well - possibly flu as achy & shivery, hot & cold (not ‘man flu’ as my DH is ‘one in a million’ & if he has a sniffle it is a cold & he gets annoyed :rotfl: rather than pretending/thinking he is ill. I kept him busy though :rotfl: sent him off to get gravel - via the Tip (so metals & plastic shelving unit gone) - so we could plant our new cherry blossom tree. Then we planted it in a pot & also planted the 4 flowering plants he had bought. DSis was also feeling unwell - stomach problems. Dinner was breadcrumbed veal, baby potatoes, peas & sweetcorn - it was delicious but DSis only ate half :(
    Whilst DH was out I weeded & pruned the front hedge + weeded the path - kerb appeal restored :rotfl:

1095 Empty beer bottle & metal lid - Recycled
    1096 Garden waste bagged ready for collection
    1097 One old key identified & added to metals - Tip

You did make me 😂 dollypeeps & yes I hoarded my 21st birthday cards & only recycled them a few weeks ago (38 years :eek:) Some suggestions - photograph the important cards OR make a collage OR find a shoebox for mementos of DS’s milestones. Well Done on the decluttering that you did do :T

Well Done Barny1979 - you have been busy :T

You are forgiven for the recluttering, notmy1sttime :rotfl: If I had access to a posh CS & found clothing that I liked I would reclutter in a heartbeat :rotfl: & you are decluttering your less posh stuff :rotfl:

See you all tomorrow - hopefully another sunny day :D

MrsSD
    1097/2019
  • edited 19 April 2019 at 4:39PM
    Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 April 2019 at 4:39PM
    A proper summer’s day :j Clear blue skies, sunshine & heat :T These are the days when a south facing garden is a joy :D Yes I am out in the garden, edwink :rotfl:

Felt a bit guilty about not decluttering, so had a quick look in my spice box & got rid of 4 jars - 2002 :eek: Emptied, washed, dried & recycled :D

1098 - 1101 Four glass jars - Recycled

All just sitting around watching the birds. DH still feeling rough.

See you later

MrsSD
    1101/2019

P.S. My home grown & home pickled olives now taste lovely & I have put them all in jars - some in olive oil & lots in brine. One small jar is being gifted.
    P.P.S. 1102 - 1103 Plastic bottle, empty beer bottle - Recycled

MrsSD
    1103/2019
  • Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    310. Final parts of tree to the tip
    311. Wood to the tip.
    312-313. Two bin bags of stripped wallpaper to the tip
    314. Old insulation into tip.
    315-316. Two cardboard boxes to tip

317-318. Cardboard into recycling
    319. Papers into recycling
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs 2020 - 159 AFDs to end of July
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809, 2020 - £1768.10/£1750
  • nannywindownannywindow Forumite
    1.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all, I hope everyone is well.
    I have been in the garden lately, tidying and mowing the lawns, consequently both my green waste bins are now full again. We also had a delivery of a caravan mover this week, so more packaging to get rid of :mad:.

We are having the family for lunch and tea on Sunday and Monday so lots of food will be decluttered :D, including a large Easter egg for me and DH to share :EasterBun ( but not if I get there first :rotfl: )
    I hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend. :icotbaske
    Take care

nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • MadamMim2013MadamMim2013 Forumite
    845 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Hellooo all.. :hello:
    I have been busy in my absence (always read along thought :D)
    Today I was up and out by 9am, shopping bought for Ma, then a drop off to the Homeless charity of pillows, bed protector and cushions also a big bag of empty crisp packets to be recycled for charity. Next was a large box of items for another C’ shop along with a bag of clothes..
    Washing out on the line x2 & dried, dried packed away & all from the line now in airing cupboard..
    Whoop, so far so good..
    I think I shall read for a while this afternoon and tackle the garden tomorrow :T

Thanks for all the inspiration and cheerfulness, it really helps..;)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018