2019 - A Clutter Free Life

edited 5 July 2019 at 9:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.8K replies 320.2K views

Replies

• bit_by_bitbit_by_bit Forumite
    449 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Looks like you have gone wild with the emojis Mrs SD :j:beer::rotfl::T:rotfl:

5 bags to the CS yesterday. unfortunately DH threw a load of sorted stuff into a massive pile so now I have to do that again. Shouldn't complain. He was working on making me an airing cupboard. ;)

Lots to do over the next week or two as the house needs to be cleared up big time. Struggling to fit it in with full time work, the allotment and moonwalk training. Just got to adopt the bit by bit mentality and all will be well, as long as DH doesn't move my piles again. :)
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Aiming to retire at 55 March 2021- 7 months to go.Challenges 2020: Banish the Clutter 2020 59/100 bags plus 14 large items
    Make £2020 on 2020 #80 £2576.32/£2020
    MFW # 87 2020: £412.46/£2300
  • MarpauMarpau Forumite
    81 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Well having spent a couple of days admiring my lovely new bedrooms I have again returned to the bathroom electric towel rail disconnected and added to pile for the tip. Hubby filled the holes ready to paint room at weekend when we aren't doing childcare. I have already decluttered the vanity unit but may give it a second sweep.
    Spent today going through the wardrobes in our room and washed 2 loads ready to list once pressed and photographed. Wardrobe now only contains items which fit and we will wear. items listed for sale are now in the spare room wardrobe hopefully they will sell soon and be gone!
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Monday was a lovely day - plenty of sunshine (shame I had no washing to do :() & quite warm :)
    DSis kept DH & I watered with cups of coffee & caught up on her TV programmes. DH & I spent several hours in the garage - we completely emptied & reorganised 2 of the 3 shelving units - one shelf at a time & found proper places for everything :D Plus we emptied & sorted out 4 carrier bags of tools, decorating tools etc. DH was quite brutal with actual decluttering :T so my numbers are going to shoot up :rotfl: We did sooo well that one of his motorbikes is now IN THE GARAGE :rotfl::T DH also found time to nip to the sm for a small shop of vegetables & snacks :T Tomorrow DH is off on his Round Britain Rally (on his other motorbike) & will be away overnight :( Of course that means I will have to do my own decluttering - yah boo sucks!

991 - 1000 One cardboard box, magazine, uu Pen, newspaper, empty beer bottle, glass jar, 2 metal lids, plastic jar & lid, cardboard packaging - Recycled
    1001 - 1078 Thirteen screwdrivers, 33 sockets, 4 spanners, 4 ratchet handles/extenders, 6 keys, impact driver, flexible driver, 3 tyre levers, Dr*m*l clamp, junior hacksaw, 3 bits of wire, 2 extension bars, screwdriver bit, C-spanner, socket extender, 2 drill bits, bag of nails/screws & metal bits - all into metal tool chest - metals bin at Tip
    1079 - 1082 Empty plastic socket box, empty plastic box, dismantled 3 shelf plastic shelving unit, damaged patio washing brush - Tip
    1083 Small bag of general detritus - Binned
    1084 Pair of DSis’s wellies - CS

Well Done - Fire Fox; DD of White_musk; sweetpea26; Poppy_Golightly (the new CS will love you); Wednesday2000 (surely it would be easier to use the loo :rotfl:); greenbee (what a shame); savvy; bit by bit (Perhaps labels :rotfl:) :T

You have been busy Marpau :T

So sorry that you have been so unwell, White_musk :( Please make sure you are fully fit & recovered BEFORE you tackle the last of your decluttering ;)

Happy decluttering everyone :rotfl:

MrsSD
    1084/2019
  • edited 17 April 2019 at 5:21AM
    chupachups4chupachups4 Forumite
    156 posts
    edited 17 April 2019 at 5:21AM
    Good Morning,

1146-1147: 1 outfit and 1 jumper, sold 25 euros in the travel pot.

listed 23 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Happy_KittiesHappy_Kitties Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Had a build up of neutral items, so it was the time to ship out to some for a charity ready for tombolas/ raffles. So
    *58-69 items shipped out.....
    but also added a couple of items into the box that were from a sort out I had of my present box. For example i had a Mickey mouse pencil case and pencils set as a 'just in case' present. I hate to think how many years it has been in there so i was ruthless. Also when sorting out the back cupboard and I found a few bits, managed to squeeze one item into the box. Very happy :) so
    169-172 items decluttered forever out of the house.

Need another box as I have a few more neutral and a couple more declutter items to send. One item is an awkward size and shape but despite it's best efforts to take up residence-it's going!
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:T:T:T:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66:j
  • dollypeepsdollypeeps Forumite
    189 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    What a wonderful day yesterday weather wise....
    Spent most of the morning at the Drs. They have drop in sessions where you book in and sit and wait.... Old fashioned queuing system I suppose .... But oh my days...don't some people moan.... Yes it's not nice waiting and yes you're supposed to be ill or worried but at least you can make it here and you don't have to pay ...I could've slapped some honestly ...

Anyway onto the business of the day ( or yesterday!!) ...

Spent it in the garden sweeping and tidying and just that little bit has done wonders.....I've only got a postage stamp sized garden gut I do like my flowers and plants .....

1 broken plant pot - binned ...the rest were repurposed or cleaned out ready for reuse .
    A few dead/not wanted items into the bin but I'll not count those..
    1 jumper - CS bag. Thought I put something else in there too but can't think now so will look later and add tomorrow if needs be..

Slowly slowly ....I'd love to do the attic but I'm working my way up there ....I just can't go in and do a huge declutter as I don't think I'll be seen until 2020 and DH needs to make decisions about A LOT of the items up there ....he's in denial that it's mostly his stuff but if it was mine or even ours I'dbe sorting it

Apart from the obvious irritation of having too much stuff being untidy etc ...well you get the idea....we/he doesn't know what we do have and we end up buying more then!!!!!

Case in point ...curtain pole i mentioned a few posts back....and now
    We're or should I say He is hanging new bedroom doors and guess what he found after he'd bought some.....more hinges !!!!!!

Ok then, now I've got all that off my chest ...off to start the business of the day ..albeit quite late

:j mortgage now £0 as of June 2019:

:T:j:T:j:T:j TOTALLY DEBT FREE:j:T:j:T:j:
  • MarpauMarpau Forumite
    81 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Two items sold while I slept love waking up to these. 1 has been posted this morning along with a lot of packaging.
    I will be out for the rest of the day so only managed 2 items into charity bag
  • GreenQueenGreenQueen Forumite
    528 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    MIA for last week - went away for the first week of Easter holidays, and managed to declutter a bit of stress and lot of ££!

Before going away
    197 - veg in fridge turned into soup
    198 - cheese in fridge grated
    -both lots frozen

199-202 tatty clothing items binned

Look out long weekend!
    2020 - banish the clutter - 8/2020
  • bit_by_bitbit_by_bit Forumite
    449 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Labels would have been a good idea Mrs SD but that would mean being organised. :rotfl:
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Aiming to retire at 55 March 2021- 7 months to go.Challenges 2020: Banish the Clutter 2020 59/100 bags plus 14 large items
    Make £2020 on 2020 #80 £2576.32/£2020
    MFW # 87 2020: £412.46/£2300
  • Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    299-301. Three trips to tip with tree branches

302-305. Cardboard boxes into recycling
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs 2020 - 181 AFDs to end of August
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809, 2020 - £1791.09/£1750