PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sillyvixen wrote: »
    to be honest I could have cried, and by the time the water was off, I was close to tears, water was still filtering through into the kitchen and I was shaking and close to tears.. my laid back brother (almost horizontal) told me no crying as we had too much water to deal with and could not cope with any more .. made me chuckle - but the way he said it was funny and one of those you have to be there moments - sorry I was not thinking strait enough to remember a direct quote.

Every thing is now dried out ... big pile to take to tip or chazzer in the frount room but no real harm done!!

Sounds awful! I would definitely have cried.
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haven't had much chance to declutter have been so busy.
    I'm another one who would have cried with the leak, I hate things like that.

*147 plastic wrappings-big bag taken to supermarket recycling point
    *148 mini shampoo used up
    *149 birthday present sent (technically 3 but being strict with myself. They seem to have been hanging
    around the house forever. Not counting packaging as that was kept for the purpose of the present
    so not technically a declutter but a reuse)

No more neutral items sent. Need one more big box and the last bits can go. Even DD who was home at the weekend commented on how much tidier things were looking, they must be for DD to notice! :)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all !
    Yeah :j Another cs bag collected, but I will admit that I was miffed as it wasn't chockablock full :(. I will give myself one hundred lines of " I must try harder". :rotfl:
    I was looking for some gloss paint in my DIY shed today. Didn't find that, but found lots of other things that shouldn't be in there :mad:. The errant items are now either relocated to their proper places, ready for the tip or binned. As a result my DIY shed is half empty / very tidy and the bin and recycling box are full to the brim, ready for tomorrows collection. However I shall now have to get in the under the stairs cupboard and hope the paint is there, otherwise I shall have to buy a small tin, as I need it to do the skirting in the bathroom after I decorate, and before I renew the flooring ( already bought ).

Fire Fox You are welcome to a hug anytime, but I shall send you some "get well quickly" wishes too and I hope your cold is better today.
    Sillyvixen Blimey well done to you :T. I would have been in tears and bits :eek:.
    MrsSD I hope you're pain free and that naughty tooth has been sorted.

Sending hugs to anyone who needs or wants one. I have a generous hug bucket and it always "runneth over".:)

nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening,

693-713: 21 items sold (clothes), 136 euros in the travel pot.

listed 56 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    315-321 books to League of Friends shop.
    322 pair of tights with holes in. Not sure why I had put them back in my drawer.

I'm not sure where all the books have come from.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to get started again today. I had a quick go in the kitchen and cleared and cleaned the surfaces. I also tidied, polished and vacuum the bedroom, also threw out a bag of rubbish and collected together a bag for the charity shop.

DH is in the office tomorrow so I have the house to myself for the day. Whatever happens I'm staying here and haveing six hours doing a massive clear out. I do find it easier when I'm home alone. Fingers crossed I will have enough to justify a trip to the tip on Wednesday.

I can't wait to get started tomorrow.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Sunday was another ‘nothing’ day for me - no Decluttering & still feeling rather grotty. The swelling has mostly gone but still have a slight toothache & have been feeling nauseous for a second day :( DH left the house early to go out on the motorbike.
    I did manage to summon up the energy to cook dinner - Somerset Chicken wth boiled potatoes & green beans. Plenty of lo chicken - so boxed/bagged & put in the freezer. The lo potatoes & green beans will form the base of my next hm soup :D

Monday has been a more productive day. DH & I had another couple of hours in the garage. The shelving unit which we had sorted for the decorating/projects items had to be emptied & moved :eek: DH has 3 metal shelving units but only 2 are the same :o Unfortunately the odd one was the one we stacked :rotfl: Now the 2 ‘like’ shelves are along the back wall & one has been restocked with the decorating/projects items plus carpentry tools :T (as the shelves are slightly deeper:T) Bit more rubbish sorted out. DSis is off to Germany Tuesday to visit our DB & his family for a couple of weeks :D so DH & I have the house to ourselves :rotfl: :j:j - I know, I know I should be ashamed of myself :p

708 - 711 Two pots of sugar soap decanted into one - empty pot for Tip, 3 shelf plastic shelving unit dismantled for Tip, 2 more pieces of carpet for Tip
    712 - 713 Torn plastic dust sheet, small bag of general detritus - Binned
    714 - 715 Newspaper, glass bottle - Recycled

Thanks chupachups4 - only have 2 more days of tablets to take. Well Done - lots more pennies in the travel pot :T

Sorry Fire Fox, but I had to laugh :rotfl: :p Decluttering Dramas :p indeed ;) Well Done on the deep cleaning :T With the weather you have had, defrosting the freezer is the last thing you need to worry about you :rotfl:

Well Done oceanspirit :T anything that helps incentivise you to declutter is a good thing :D

MadamMim2013, Fingers crossed 🤞 that you get the new job. Well Done on decluttering into a CS bag :T

Well Done Janejamie - excellent decluttering :T ooh six kittens - I think kittens are way cuter than babies :rotfl:

Well Done choille :T pennies in the bank, recycling out & a plan of action for lotions & potions :rotfl:

Well Done leelad :T Before & after photos - when your wife is ready you will be able to show her & I imagine your daughter will like looking at the photos as she is helping out :D

Well Done Barny1979 :T definitely decluttering & hanging on to your hard earned pennies as well :D

Well Done Cherryfudge :T lots of decluttering & mending :T

Sillyvixen - you have described it very well :D Your brother obviously knows you well if he can make you chuckle in the face of adversity :T

Well Done Happy Kitties :T Isn’t it lovely when someone else notices & comments on your successful decluttering :rotfl: Gold Star ⭐️ for you - as you have done enough for your DD to notice :T

Thanks for the hugs nannywindow :T - I only need a few :rotfl: Well Done on decluttering your DIY shed :T & I wish you every success in finding the ‘invisible’ paint :rotfl: so that you do not have to spend any pennies ;)

Well Done villagelife :T Books breed :rotfl: it is a known fact :rotfl: You think you have round them all up & the next thing you know you open a cupboard & there are half a dozen more :eek:

Well Done parsniphead :T you really do have the bit between your teeth :rotfl: you are becoming a decluttering demon :rotfl: Wishing you a very successful decluttering session :D

See you later my fellow declutterers

MrsSD
    715/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    One more item
    323 a broken remote thrown away. Batteries removed first and our in the new one.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The Hobbit book collected last night, been on Freegle for a few weeks and the guy was really pleased, it was A4 size with lovely piccies, not a "childrens" book. Some tumblers out ready to take to dd this afternoon (going there for my b'day tea party). Did not think of empty tins/bottles etc as de-cluttering, doing that all the while as we;; as using up the bits and bobs in fridge and freezers. Terrible day, not really looking forward to going out.
    MrsSd - thank you for all the encouragement - even at 75 it's nice to have praise !! xxxxx
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tidied up beside the stove and put the newspapers away in the rack those that wouldn't fit recycled. Not a lot but looks so much less like a fire hazard!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure