PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    221. Unused shed alarm to charity bag

222. Car tidied out of papers, P&D tickets and wrappers
    223. Hedge cuttings taken to recycling centre and put in brown bin
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    HI all

9 bras dumped in the bin.

Shredded the waste paper pile with my address on and this is in the recyling bin.
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening,

Yesterday:

666-670: 3 shorts, 2 tee-shirts, sold, 39 euros in the travel pot

listed 42 items

today:

671-678: 1 dress, 3 shirts, 1 tee-shirt, 3 shorts, sold, 45 euros in the travel pot

listed 21 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    222. Car tidied out of papers, P&D tickets and wrappers
    223. Hedge cuttings taken to recycling centre and put in brown bin

224. Wallet of paperwork disposed of
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Slow progress over the past week - I will reach that 300 item landmark - I will! :rotfl:

(Maybe even today, if I'm close enough).

Decluttered this week:
    An offer for holiday discount that's been sitting on the side in the bedroom, two broken mugs, a headphone holder that everyone denies owning, a bag of recyclable plastics to the carrier bag recycling.

I also fixed a mug of DS2's which had lost its handle - so that is decluttering too as it's no longer sitting in the larder looking manky.

I'm not counting the things that are clutter for just a few hours like things that can go straight in our recycling bin, ony things that have been around for a day or more (or a lifetime).
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A quick update to say I've not made it to 300 items yet but another 4 have gone: out of date bits from the notice board, a piece of mending, some rubbish off the table and a catalogue.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Saturday has been a ‘nothing’ day - no Decluttering & just feeling rather grotty. The swelling has gone down but I still have toothache & have been feeling nauseous for most of the day :( However I did manage a walk to the sm with DSis & she paid :T Dinner was egg, chips & baked beans for DH & DSis. I had a couple of fried eggs with a slice of bread.

706 Large glass jar & lid - Rinsed & Recycled
    707 Empty coffee tin filled with kitchen detritus - Binned

You are more than welcome Gem-gem. Well Done on the decluttering :T & an extra Well Done on not bringing any clutter into your home :T

:eek: sillyvixen - What a nightmare :eek:You get a Gold Star ⭐️ for seeing the silver lining :T:T & another Gold Star ⭐️ for the kitchen decluttering :T I think I would have just curled up in a ball & sobbed my heart out :cry::cry:

Well Done chocolatelover :T You really have caught the ‘Decluttering Bug’ - What an excellent job of decluttering :T You must be so excited - new home & no clutter :D

Fire Fox, welcome back from your brief sojourn :D. Sorry your cat has been less than friendly :( Now one thing you ‘must remember’ :rotfl: is that you decide on your priorities :rotfl: How about one pile sorted & then a session of your DIY project :rotfl: or vice versa of course :rotfl:

Well Done on the decluttering nannywindow :T especially the cornettos :rotfl: I do like pork but not all the time :rotfl: you must be frightened of opening the freezer :rotfl:

Well Done Barny1979 :T still decluttering :T

Well Done tboo :T :rotfl: you do know you are supposed to burn your bras not bin them :rotfl:

You are doing really well chupachups4 :T. More items decluttered & more pennies ‘cluttered’ As you are being so consistent in your decluttering I am awarding you a HUGE sparkling Gold Star 🌟 🌟

Well Done Cherryfudge :T you are almost there ;) 300 is within reach :D Then you can set your next target :rotfl: I am impressed that you also fix things :D

See you tomorrow my fellow declutterers

MrsSD
    707/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the stars Mrs SD. I hope your toothache will be gone soon
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :pDeclutterbug Dramas :p

1. Motivated to defrost the freezer after months of procrastinating. :cool:
    Already decluttered all my old towels. :doh:

2. The fire service fitted four extra smoke alarms as we were deemed 'vulnerable'. :cool:
    Cannot now work out which of my SIX smoke alarms are beeping for new batteries. :doh:

3. Found new batteries when decluttering AND put them in a sensible place. :cool:
    'New' batteries do not stop smoke alarms beeping for new batteries. :doh:

4. Motivated to buy more new batteries instead of procrastinating. :cool:
    New batteries stop one mains alarm beeping, but start another mains alarm ringing. :doh:

5. Motivated to 'deep clean' crevices of faulty mains smoke alarm after months of procrastinating. :cool:
    Found two packs of cotton buds when decluttering BUT did not put them in a sensible place. :doh:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs SD hope your sore mouth heals very soon.

FireFox that sounds a total nightmare!

Chocolateloverall the best for your move today - I wish you every happiness in your new home.

Have at last been able to get stuck into the paperwork on my desk. So far 15 pieces of paper through the shredder and one booklet into recycling.

In other areas, one jumper into ragbag and one old make-up item into bin.

I have an incentive to crack on with it today as have a visitor tomorrow who's not been here before so want it to look a lot better than it does now!
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport