PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• MadamMim2013
    Options
    Mrs SD hoping your mouth is recovering.. nothing worse than mouth/face pain.:(

Been busy this week, birthdays to celebrate, decisions made and a new job applied for... :eek: nervous/excited..I knew it was time, my current job is just not cutting it anymore, if I’m honest I just do not like the way things are going, new directives etc, its just not how I would want to care for my family therefore how can I justify it as care for others!

A bag by the chair is gradually getting filled, a few more items to go in then I’ll drop off to my local CS.:D

Huge hugs for all who are in need.. its been a weird old week! ;)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • janejamie
    janejamie Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Sorry to hear about the toothache Mrs. SD and hope clearing up nicely. Good vibes and hugs to all that need them. Been occupied with family ailments recently but eventually had a bit of a wardrobe clearout yesterday:

232 shirt to a cousin who has similar, and thrilled!

to cs
    233-246 14 tops
    247-256 10 belts
    257-261 5 bags
    262-265 4 jumpers
    266-267 2 books
    268-270 scarves
    271 a butter dish - I don't need four!
    also
    272-278 7 pictures
    279 cheap and, it turned out, nasty party light.

However, six kittens arrived so shall be making a note to declutter them in eight weeks time! V cute and will be great time wasters.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Janejamie awww 6 balls of fluff :happyhear. I don't know if I could declutter those :rotfl:
    Hugs to all those who are feeling down, ill or just plain fed up.
    Keep on going everyone !
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the mouth feels better soon MrsSD.

Sold 6 items so when all paid will be posted. Listing more items as it's an incentive to turn clutter into cash. Another big bag of recycling stuff binned - where does it all come from?
    Using up ends of face cream, toothpaste, mouth wash etc as I seem to have too many pots & tubes on the go, so sticking to one at a time until used and won't be tempted to buy more until all used up - fingers crossed.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 March 2019 at 5:35PM
    Options
    The heavens have decluttered jumbo snowflakes, mini hailstones and drizzle this afternoon. And in between each there has been blue sky! :snow_laug

My constructive procrastination seems back on track! Whilst not defrosting the freezer I finally deep cleaned my combi microwave/ oven. :j This burst of productivity is, surely, thanks to the re-welcome from Mrs Salad Dodger, and to the kind words of Ocean spirit. You are both :A

Nannywindow I am using your healthy hugs to declutter a possible mild cold. This will mean I can safely visit my friend in hospital tomorrow. You too are :A
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • leelad
    leelad Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope your toothache is better MrsSD. Filled up two bin bags of rubbish from the attic, all sorts of stuff our daughter has grown out of. No car boot today, weather not the best where we are in East Lancashire. Thank you for the kind words about my wife MrsSD from your earlier post, she is ok thank you. She finds all this decluttering stuff difficult, so that's where I come in I guess. I took a picture of the attic tonight and I compared it to a picture I took of the attic in December last year. Definitely lots of improvement and I can now see some of the attic floor!
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening,

679-692: 5 dresses, shoes, 5 tee-shirts, 3 pants, sold, 73 euros in the travel pot

listed 20 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    224. Wallet of paperwork disposed of

225. A form of decluttering, I've served a month's notice on a mobile broadband contract :)
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    :pDeclutterbug Dramas :p

1. Motivated to defrost the freezer after months of procrastinating. :cool:
    Already decluttered all my old towels. :doh:...

Loved these! Did you eventually take a hammer to the smoke detectors?

Today I've decluttered sheets of paper that got stuck in the printer. I'm in the process of turning a pint of pancake day cream into butter, thus making a little more fridge space, and I've sent off the two baby blankets that were a project to get me knitting and crochetting. Family members have picked up four items of post that arrived here for them. A cardboard box has gone in the recycling. I found three empty light bulb boxes under the stairs (count as one!) so those are recycling too.

Another project has been decluttered: I've mended some seams splits on the sofa cushions. Not sure how long it will last but it looks better for now and reduces visual clutter.

I think that's it for this weekend - love reading peoples' achievements here, you are all spurring me on!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :eek: sillyvixen - What a nightmare :eek:You get a Gold Star ⭐️ for seeing the silver lining :T:T & another Gold Star ⭐️ for the kitchen decluttering :T I think I would have just curled up in a ball & sobbed my heart out

to be honest I could have cried, and by the time the water was off, I was close to tears, water was still filtering through into the kitchen and I was shaking and close to tears.. my laid back brother (almost horizontal) told me no crying as we had too much water to deal with and could not cope with any more .. made me chuckle - but the way he said it was funny and one of those you have to be there moments - sorry I was not thinking strait enough to remember a direct quote.

Every thing is now dried out ... big pile to take to tip or chazzer in the frount room but no real harm done!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure