PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2019 at 5:09PM
    Options
    Well although decluttering has continued, I have been rubbish in updating this thread so will continue from my last count

71 Roof bars to tip
    72-76 Magazines to recycling
    77-78 glass bottles to recycling
    79 Something for cars sold on Fleabay
    80 - 82 Tarpaulins to tip
    83 Broken trowel to bin
    84-92 Cardboard boxes from loft, flat packed and recycled
    93 Broken costume jewellery to bin
    94-95 OOD tins to bin, best before of Feb 2013. Dates don't usually bother me but thought 6 years was pushing it

Best wishes to all

Total 95/2019
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 March 2019 at 6:46PM
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Currently no rain although it is a bit overcast & quite chilly. DH & I were up, abluted & dressed by 10:00 a.m. :rotfl: with our 1st mugs of coffee or tea. DH did a Tip run & popped into B and Q for a new plug for the garage & I caught the bus to CS. My 1st bit of luck for the day was that the bus driver spotted me struggling with 2 heavy bags & waited for me :T Got caught in a small traffic jam as the bridge was up :( & yes I know I live on the Isle of Dogs :rotfl: but there is a bridge to let boats through to the inner docks :D 2nd bit of luck - CS was open :T:T. Then walked to sm & did a very small shop & finally managed to buy the chocolate buttons Easter Eggs which will be posted to France :rotfl: Because the shopping was so light I walked home, so my F*tb*t is on the road to being happy :rotfl: DH is fed, DSis is about to have some toast & I am finishing off the last of the hm soup. Then garage duties again :rotfl: saves me having to pick an indoor project of my own :rotfl::rotfl:

671 Motorbike top box - Tip

Now into Cheerleading :)

Well Done chupachups4 :T even more pennies in the travel pot :T & recycling as well :D

villagelife, I hope so too :D as I making a fish pie for tonight’s dinner :D Well Done on the decluttering :T - through 300 & heading to 350 :T

parsniphead, I am definitely on the mend - thank you.
    :naughty::naughty: just because you think you haven’t decluttered anything does NOT mean you have fallen off the ‘Decluttering Bandwagon’ :naughty: Once aboard you CANNOT get off :rotfl: :rotfl: All You did was have a rest & plugged yourself into the Decluttering battery charger :rotfl: Now you have decluttered freezers :T (which reminds me that I need to sort mine again :( ) All joking aside, when you need a break from decluttering projects you should take it :D the only thing to bear in mind is not to let the day to day decluttering cease :D e.g. recycling papers & magazines once read or rinsing & recycling milk cartons/bottles or even putting things away once you have finished with them.
    Sorry that lack of funds is pushing you back into the workforce but remember that decluttering is ‘work’ :p it is just that you don’t get paid in cold hard cash :( but you do get rewarded in other ways - pride in having a Clutter free home, joy at being able to find everything rather than spending hours searching :eek: or even feeling happy to invite someone in :rotfl: So please do not get disheartened ;) - you are now & always will be a “Declutterer” :rotfl:

Well Done gilly1964 - almost through the 100 mark - don’t forget to update to your total to 95/2019 !

See you all later

MrsSD
    671/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    310-313 bottle stoppers. I have so many left still but thought I would start with 4.
    314 a single chopstick. Not quite sure what happened to the other one of the pair.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    57 neutral items in total now shipped out. I know they were only short term storage items as such but were quickly turning into clutter and alot of it.
    Hadnt realised there were so many items building up, I would have never got everything shipped out for the charities before Christmas, would just have been impossible so I'm glad I have done it now.....one of my better ideas plus I've got rid and reused alot of packaging in the process.

Still a few items to send but feel like I've got my nice decorated tidy spare room back :)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Back again :rotfl: Solid 1.5 hours in the garage :D. DH has painted another small area of the floor with a second coat of a rather fetching blue :T We have completely emptied a plastic shelving unit & the unit has been dismantled & bagged up ready for a Tip run :T We are finding lots of stuff to declutter & are not worrying about final resting places for everything just yet :rotfl:

672 - 691 Broken metal toolbox filled with old screwdriver, metal gardening wire, metal pipe, 7 metal tap fittings :huh:, metal paint brush, 4 door handles, car wheel bolt (we don’t own a car :huh: ), 2 threaded metal rods, flask cup - Tip
    692 - 701 Four manky sponges, bag of plastic bits & pieces, plastic car washing attachment, plastic shelving unit, draught excluder - not fit for purpose :rotfl:, 2 pieces of lo roofing felt - Tip
    702 - 704 Three plastic pots - Recycled
    705 damaged 5’ length of shelving into neighbour’s skip

Well Done villagelife :T I would definitely hang on to a few bottle stoppers - an easy decluttering win if you have a bad day :rotfl: only joking :D

Gold Star ⭐️ Happy Kitties :T I know you are not counting ‘neutral items’ but I hope you are counting all the packaging you have used :D Well Done on reclaiming your spare room :T

See you tomorrow my fellow declutterers

MrsSD
    705/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for my gold star Mrs SD.

Went out shopping /plus doing a few chores.

a) went and picked up shoe that had been rehealed. Refused paper bag. Had a cloth bag ( so less rubbish into the house)
    B) took recycling into shop - shower gel container - bought soap and hot 10% off. Only wrapped in one layer of paper - not plastic. Didn't take paper bag again.
    C) posted friends card into ger house on the way into town
    D) tried to give the bank the unused envelope back, but they said that they would be able to use it. So it has now gone into the recycling Along with other unwanted post.
    Today has not only been about decluttering but also about trying not to decluttered the house.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had 5 days holiday to take before the end of the month, use or lose, I had a plan of what i was going to declutter. Tuesday my brother was off, as he had one day to take and that was the only date in the holiday calender that was possible. On Tuesday I was planning to go into town and buy a plastic lidded container to put stuff in that did not need hanging in the wardrobe (teeshirts, shorts, swimwear etc). I was putting on my shoes, when it sounded like my brother was in the shower (boiler sprung into action and I could hear water running upstairs). I went to leave the house via the kitchen door, and water was running down the walls, cabinets, and cascading off the work surfaces!! I shouted upstairs for my brother to turn off the shower, his voice came from the other side of the house stating he thought I was in the shower. I ran upstairs and met him on the landing - a hot water flexipipe had ruptured under the sink and was flooding upstairs with hot water and flowing downstairs.... no shopping trip for sillyvixen.. I have spent most of the week drying stuff out, eptying kitchen cupboards, washing every thing up and chucking out Ruined foodstuffs (half of which is out of date). My dining room is still full off kitchen stuff (I have a loads of bits and Bob's for charity) kitchen was not on my agenda to declutter - but as ever thing was soaked it became necessary. On the plus side we were there if this happened when we were at work the house would have been destroyed by the time anyone got home!!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    Choille - yeah it's brilliant just been moving one room over at a time. I have taken 4 car loads down to the charity shop and thrown away so much carp.

MSD - hope you feel better soon! Toothache is the worst :( and well done on the weight loss! Thank you for the well wishes I can't wait for the fresh start :D

Sillyvixen - sorry to hear about that! Hope everything is dried out soon!!

Move day tomorrow! I have decluttered:
    - Sons room
    - Loft
    - Play room
    - Cupboard of doom!
    - Bathrooms
    Most of:
    - Kitchen
    - My room
    - Living room

And I'm not 4 boot fulls of charity donations lighter and 2 wheely bins full lighter! All in a week :D I had 3 "memory boxes" reduced that down to 1 and a half. Reduced DS teddies down by half, reduced DS and my clothes down, reduced tolieries down by lots :D

I have listed some bits on FB selling pages if they don't sell by time I hand the keys back for current house I will take them to the charity shop as well :D

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have not posted for ten days :o and not followed this thread for five days.

Mrs Salad Dodger sorry to read that your mouth has been :mad: but hope you are back to full :D very soon.

Decluttering: Ex/ friend was re-admitted to hospital yesterday. :(

Cat has decluttered fur everywhere, and decluttered some grass she had eaten onto my white rug this morning!

Recluttering: Ordered all the paraphernalia for a DIY project (painting shelves as a trial run for the kitchen cabinets). This is not a priority, I should be sorting through the piles/ boxes/ crates in the 'hall of shame'. :o
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all
    Declutter.... :j I have almost filled another cs bag with various items, including more books ( kids and adult fiction ), a pile of cd's, a KS duvet/pillow case set which was brand new from DM'S, but after washing is still quite hard. Also lots of PC games which have been played so many times, that there is no longer any jeopardy. All room bins emptied and the last of the cornetos demolished :rotfl:.

Reclutter....My Dad called in and brought 2 more joints of pork for my freezer, which is nice, but I'm sure I now have at least 2 pigs in there :eek:. I did put in an order for beef, chicken or lamb but as yet no luck :(.

Hope you feel better MrsSD
    Happy decluttering everyone.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure