New Post Advanced Search

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

edited 5 July 2019 at 9:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.8K replies 319.6K views

Replies

• osbornbiscuitosbornbiscuit Forumite
    51 posts
    10 Posts
    Now I know this sounds silly but took the train to my nearest tip this morning with two large bags of electrical items. (live opp. station next stop has the tip next to station and I don't drive). Managed to get off train to the tip back on station. up and over the bridge to get the next train home within 30 minutes, not bad considering trains are one an hour.
    I have 'got rid of' another 3 balls of wool and some buttons and took another 2 bags to the CS. The next one is by the door waiting to be filled. Son gets the keys to new house on Monday so there will be major decluttering in the next couple of weeks ( I hope)
    Took advantage of the wonderful weather in the last week and 'decluttered' some of the garden weeds which are now in the green bin eagerly awaiting the first collection of the year this coming week. I did also remove dead solar lights that went to the tip.
    Slowly but surely I am getting there. Also managed to get rid of some radiator paint and now have 2 newly painted radiators. Well its raining and there is football on the TV.....
  • Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    186-200. Cardboard boxes into recycling
    201. Old tv to recycling centre
    202. Old mat into bin
    203. Piece of carpet into bin
    204. Paper to recycling centre

205. Curtain rings to charity
    206. Shower mat to charity
    207. Pair of trousers to charity
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs 2020 - 137 AFDs to end of June
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809, 2020 - £1761.85/£1750
  • bunty109bunty109 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Not much done this weekend but have formulated a plan ahead of the arrival of a new bed in a few weeks and my parents in 2 weeks so don't feel quite so bad.
    MFW 2019#24 £9474.89/£11000 MFW 2018#24 £23025.41/£15000
    MFi3 v5 #53 £12531/
    MFi3 v4 #53 £59442/£39387
  • edited 3 March 2019 at 8:12PM
    Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 March 2019 at 8:12PM
    205. Curtain rings to charity
    206. Shower mat to charity
    207. Pair of trousers to charity

208. Decorative box to charity
    209. Novelty radio to charity
    210. Lace net curtain to charity
    211-214. Four mugs into charity bag
    215. Chipped mug binned
    2013 - 313 AFDs, 2014 - 289 AFDs, 2015 - 321 AFDs, 2016 - 276 AFDs, 2017 - 276 AFDs, 2018 - 240 AFDs 2019 - 285 AFDs 2020 - 137 AFDs to end of June
  • Gem-gemGem-gem Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good evening Mrs SD and everyone,

Have been away spending time with hubby and family, so no decluttering going on. Unless we count the bottle of white wine and the reminents of a bottle of sherry that I took with me. Also finished up a face cream.

Had a lovely cauliflower soup when we stopped on the way home today. I will be having a go at my own.
    £2 Savers Club 2020 no.1
    Save 12K in 2020 no.59
    2020 - Banish the clutter ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • edited 3 March 2019 at 10:59PM
    Happy_KittiesHappy_Kitties Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 3 March 2019 at 10:59PM
    Many thanks for the cheerleading MrsSD and for my gold star, hope it doesn't take up room :)

*143 pair of expensive socks sent to charity
    *144-145 socks x 2 pairs pinched by DD
    *146 shower gel from a gift set that was hanging around-used up
    Could count box socks were in that has gone to recycling but going to be strict :)

Neutral items shipped out=52
    My wardrobe isn't heaving with stuff, I've got space that isnt stuffed full for a change yay!
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:T:T:T:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66:j
  • Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Sunday has been another non decluttering day :o A damp, dreary day with high winds which have confused my F*tb*t :eek: It has registered zero minutes of exercise but has registered lots of stairs climbed :rotfl: as I have started all my mini walks into the wind :rotfl: DH went to sm on the motorbike & did a fairly large shop :T DSis has done her washing which is now in the td. I have decluttered a few tv programmes from my planner, written a menu plan for the week & made a full roast beef dinner. Very scrummy it was too :drool: I cooked my roasties in beef dripping & semolina & they were gorgeous :drool::drool: However the washing up awaits me :(
    Tomorrow I need to sort the fridge & freezers - yet again :eek:. I also have 2 full bags for the CS which I may deliver although that is dependent on the weather ;)

Now into Cheerleading :)

somerandom, So lovely that your decluttering has born fruit :D Surprising how much easier tidying & organising is when you have done the hard work of decluttering :D Please remember your pleasure which will light the way at times when the decluttering stalls :rotfl: Well Done :T & thank you for the lovely comment :T

whmf00001, red lentils are wonderful :rotfl: Every time I make soup I throw in a handful of red lentils (feel really virtuous :rotfl:) Finding & using items for their intended purpose is one of the best forms of decluttering - so Well Done :T

Wednesday2000, Well Done :T & enlisting DH as well :T

amycool, way to go :rotfl: Surprising how successful a bit of bribery can be in the ‘war on clutter’ :rotfl: Also Well Done to your DD - Hopefully you can make a declutterer of her :rotfl: You have my admiration :T

Well Done leelad :T enlisting your DD in your decluttering quest :T You are definitely an ‘onwards & upwards’ declutterer as you are tackling the attic :rotfl: I hope your wife is doing well.

chupachups4, Well Done on keeping up the momentum of filling your ‘travel pots’ :T Wow, 109 crafting magazines - you must have created an extremely large space recycling that lot :rotfl:

Welcome back, notmy1sttime :D Sorry RL is not being ‘friendly’ :( but hopefully you can now declutter even more stuff :T as paperwork is always a good place to start :T

milasavesmoney, Well Done on decluttering the desktop :T So sorry that it stirred up such bad feelings/memories :( I am at a loss for words as to your husband’s attitude - does he realise how hurtful it is? especially after 31 years of marriage :(

Well Done osbornbiscuit :T - I am especially impressed at the lengths you went to, to get rid of your 2 large bags of electrical items :T :D Your timing appears to have been impeccable :rotfl:
    [/QUOTE]Took advantage of the wonderful weather in the last week and 'decluttered' some of the garden weeds which are now in the green bin eagerly awaiting the first collection of the year this coming week..... Slowly but surely I am getting there. Also managed to get rid of some radiator paint and now have 2 newly painted radiators. Well its raining and there is football on the TV.....[/QUOTE]. I had a wonderful mental image of the weeds clamouring to get out of the green bin & into the garden waste wagon :rotfl: & I still have a big grin on my face now :rotfl:

Well Done Barny1979 :T unusual but very useful items to cs :D

bunty109 :naughty: you have no reason to feel bad :naughty: You have formulated a plan & this will stand you in good stead :D I keep meaning to make a plan but then get side tracked :rotfl: I wish you every success :D

Gem-gem, welcome back - sounds like you had a lovely time with your DH & family :D Wine, Sherry & face cream all count as decluttering as they are no longer in your home :rotfl: I wish you every success with your hm cauliflower soup :) May I have the recipe?

The wonderful thing about Gold Stars ⭐️ is that they take up no room :rotfl: but bring a smile to your face :rotfl: Very Well Done on the decluttering :T

I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend ;) but what on earth happened to February :eek:

MrsSD
    627/2019
  • Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    208. Decorative box to charity
    209. Novelty radio to charity
    210. Lace net curtain to charity
    211-214. Four mugs into charity bag
    215. Chipped mug binned

216. CD player to charity
  • MiniLauraMiniLaura Forumite
    482 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    4 bras decluttered to Bravismo this weekend, not much else.

Will sell off some of the better ones I don't use, aiming to get 20 items on ebay this week!
    :j Debt-Free-Wannabe! :j
    Declutter/Ebay/Savings
  • Gone thru 1 undercounter freezer and selected foodstuff for next couple of days and updated chalkboard so some packaging thrown away. Dd is bringing SM back this afternoon as s-in-l thinks it is OK so I will try again with fewer veg in, maybe I put too many in before I filled to min mark, will have another go just in case if this is a fail it will DEFINATLY go, will not let gs know (he is growing up with my clutter mentality just as my dad had) Parcel to return is packed ready for PO. expecting del from Iceland shop but did not order too many frozen foods as trying to reduce freezer contents. Have downloaded recipes to use red lentils, hopefully not too many portions or they will end up in freezer. Hopeless case.