PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Friday is a dark, overcast day :( DH went out at 10:15 a.m. for lunch with his old cricketing mates - he will be one of the younger ones :rotfl: He hasn’t seen some of these gentlemen for 10 years :eek: so they will have plenty to chat about :rotfl: DSis went out about 1:30 p.m. to find a new hairdresser :( the chap she liked has moved on from the salon :(
    I have been flitting about :rotfl: not obeying mantra no. 6 in any shape or form. However I have now made a soup using up various odds & ends, so the worms have plenty of peelings to chomp down on :rotfl: I also ventured into DH’s office :p. I have dusted & sorted/tidied 13 of his 24 shelves & even left him an empty shelf :rotfl:, washed down his windowsill & vacuumed a small portion of the floor :rotfl: The rest of my clutter (2 boxes) is now downstairs ready for sorting :T & has been sorted :p

586 - 597 Four plastic takeaway boxes, 2 takeaway lids, 2 plastic trays, 30 year old tubes of hand cream & heel balm, bag of manky cotton wool balls, solid nail varnish - Binned
    598 - 618 Small decorative bag with 6 bottles of nail varnish, tin of bath & body oil with separate spray tube, small bottle of aromatherapy essential oil (still boxed :o), ‘The Liberty Book of Home Sewing’ (never opened :o), box containing 9 glass jars for snow globes (2 of which contain decorations :rotfl:) - CS bags
    619 Uu can of dry shampoo - Recycled

Cheerleading starts here :)

aimeemum, makes my head itch just thinking of it :eek:

Well Done Happy Kitties :T - as you say, as long as stuff is moving out albeit slowly, we are winning the war on clutter :D Really pleased that you are noticing the difference in your home :D You are working hard & so a Gold Star ⭐️ for you ;)

Well Done never too old :T cleared the car boot :T Both the bathroom/cleaning products project AND the box of goodies count as Decluttering :T:D :rotfl:

Now sitting down with a coffee & watching the last 20 minutes of Avatar. Need to write a shopping list & I really need to eat something :o

See you later

MrsSD
    619/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If someone could let DD's school know to stop sending her home with huge pieces of arts and crafts she'll never touch again, I would be grateful! A board game on A2 paper tonight!!!! I convinced her to bin it.
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 1 March 2019 at 9:32PM
    Options
    Good evening,

466-479: 14 items sold, 111 euros in the travel pot

And 10% of my next money goal completed
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    9 things posted - reusing boxes and packing stuff so the hall cupboard is getting emptied of it.
    I must list some more things this w/e.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Saturday started as a dark, overcast day :( but now the sun is out & it is a completely different day:T Have aired & made bed, DH has put a new bulb in the cooker hood & I took the opportunity to scrub the removable bits & both light covers. I have also used my new kitchen gadget (present from my DH ;) ) - a flexible pan lid with a hole in the middle :D I can zizz my hm soups without splashing everywhere :T So the soup I made yesterday has been zizzed & is now on a low heat. DH got home about 9:30 p.m. last night - a bit worse for wear :( He had a great time catching up - unfortunately one of the older players died at the start of the year but he was in his late 80’s - so had a good run :) Because I ‘made’ DH eat last night, he was up bright & early with no hangover :D I was up in time to pay the milkman - with DH’s money :rotfl:
    DSis’s hair cut/style yesterday was a disaster :eek: but she complained & is getting a free restyle today - hopefully with her original stylist who apparently has ‘NOT’ left. DSis is not best pleased as she was lied to :mad: - she would have made an appointment with him as he made such a good job last time :) Forgot to say that DH was actually more than happy that I sorted out just over half of his office shelves :D
    No plans for the day but I am sure I will do something :p

620 - 621 Two plastic bottles rinsed - Recycled

Now into Cheerleading :)

Good luck with the toy declutter, amycool :D Congratulations on ‘disposing’ of the project :T but I hope you remembered to take a photo :rotfl:

Well Done chupachups4 :rotfl: you are making sterling progress :T Excellent idea to have special ‘pots’ for each stage of your adventure :T - reminds me of ‘eating the elephant’ :rotfl:

choille, more pennies in the pot :T with the added bonus of using up your packaging supplies :T

See you later

MrsSD
    621/2019

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for cheering us along Mrs SD.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    edited 2 March 2019 at 4:43PM
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    183-184. Some unused toiletries to charity
    185. Placemats to charity

186-200. Cardboard boxes into recycling
    201. Old tv to recycling centre
    202. Old mat into bin
    203. Piece of carpet into bin
    204. Paper to recycling centre
  • aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    So impressed by everyone - I'm determined to make some more headway this week - have stalled a bit with holidays etc. I have 2 bags to take to the CS, just have to actually take them, plus the kids are growing like string-beans so I sense yet another clothing sort coming along. Hoping to hold off needing any new purchases until Easter hols - which are only 6 weeks away! Eeek!
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all,

480-486: 7 items sold, 48 euros
    487: 1 legging, recycling textile bin

Listed 4 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 March 2019 at 3:05AM
    Options
    Well, I let myself down :( because I have done absolutely nothing apart from make dinner - bacon, eggs, chips & baked beans - very yummy �� DSis, has had her free restyle but had to wait for the male hairdresser (Joel) for a couple of hours - apparently no appointments - you get dealt with in the order you turn up. He was disgusted with the original cut :( but has cut & styled it properly & it looks lovely if a tad short :)

622 magazine read & recycled
    623 cardboard delivery box dismantled & recycled
    624 - 626 DH has donated a pair of jeans & 2 pairs casual trousers - CS bag
    627 magazine read & recycled

Bit of cheerleading now :D

choille, very nice of you :D

Well Done Barny1979 :T through the 200 barrier :T

aimeemum, fingers crossed �� that the kids stop growing for 5.5 weeks, have a growth spurt & then the new uniforms last until September :rotfl: Well Done on the 2 CS bags :T

Well Done chupachups4 :T even more pennies into the ‘big adventure’ pots :T

See you all tomorrow

MrsSD
    627/2019

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure