We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Littlewoods £25 voucher code problems resolved

Options

Comments

• jackbremer
    Options
    I'll look forward to a refund then!

Cheers
  • grahampike
    Options
    So presumably shoplifting is also OK, cymrugirl, and is the store's fault for not having enough security guards? And paying with counterfeit money is OK and is the store's fault for not checking notes carefully enough? So anyone caught doing either of these has the right to kick up a stink too?
  • angela2095
    Options
    Just checked my account and the £25 has been refunded. Thanks again, Martin. xx
  • cymrugirl
    Options
    All I meant was that they should have protected themselves by putting in restrictions in their system. People found a loophole and used it. I don't condone that but if they issued these codes for restricted use but didn't actually put anything in their system to check the code was being redeemed correctly then it was a big mistake on their part. Had they found the mistake and told people who had purchased using the coupon who still fell within the period of being able to return the goods then I would say they got what they deserved. What I dispute is the fact they waited 2 months so that even if they wanted to return the goods, they couldn't. I'm not condoning the use of the code, I'm saying the way they handled it was extremely poor and people had a right to be agro about it as it seemed those that got caught would have returned the items if they could.
  • darkmuse
    Options
    grahampike wrote: »
    So presumably shoplifting is also OK, cymrugirl, and is the store's fault for not having enough security guards? And paying with counterfeit money is OK and is the store's fault for not checking notes carefully enough? So anyone caught doing either of these has the right to kick up a stink too?

That's not quite the same though is it? Noone, that I'm aware of, did anything to secretly or purposefully circumvent any security. I'm not sure what the legalities would be should the following occur and the shopkeeper accept it at the point of sale but I suspect they wouldn't attempt to send you an invoice:

"Dear shopkeeper, my friend told me that if I showed you this code that I printed out this morning you would reduce the price of the goods for me, is that okay?"
  • binz_81
    binz_81 Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    Got my refund today.
    Thanks Martin!
  • rain_dropz
    Options
    Thankyou so much xx
  • jodie114
    jodie114 Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    a quick question then please. i am one of the many who paid up and cursed like mad - so thanks martin!! but, noticed my account shows the refund, but i paid by c. card and switch, will i be refunded back to them, or have 2 £25 credits to use at littlewoods?
    thanks
    jodie
    Ok, ok, i need to go back onto Weightwatchers, lost 7 stone..... 2 back on, this has to change.....Help!!!:eek:
  • asharon
    asharon Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I alone in finding this affair grubby and hypocritical?

MSE members from the top down rightly champion reclaiming unfair or fraudulent charges such as bank charges, credit card penalties, endowment policies and PPI policies from large corporations. Yet when the tables are turned and a company is unfairly (or fraudulently) cheated by MSE members and tries to reclaim that money there is an outcry. These people, possibly illegally, cheated Littlewoods of £25 then cried foul when the company, rightly in the opinion of Trading Standards, tried to get its money back.

Rather than crow about it, those who have been lucky enough not to be charged this time should apologise for giving the rest of us a bad name. Shame on you.

To be fair in the past Littlewoods have been more than able to set the vouchers with a message it can only be used over the phone and that way it is easy to make sure only the select few can use it.

Another point was that had they said at the time people could not use it, then people would have either cancelled their orders or returned the goods but they didn't ask for the money until after the deadline for returning the items.

Not quite as black and white as the bank charges.

I didn't use it but well done Martin on getting a great result.
    Nice to save.
  • --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Rather than crow about it, those who have been lucky enough not to be charged this time should apologise for giving the rest of us a bad name. Shame on you.

Very true, plenty of "thanks for getting my £25 back" but I'm not seeing many "sorry for what we did and trouble we caused the site Martin"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport