We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Littlewoods £25 voucher code problems resolved

Options

Comments

• bridtown
    Options
    thanks very much martin

i have the £25 still on my account and just thankful that they don't take the rest of the codes back as soon as i have paid off littlewoods sod the dam company

thanks again just glad to getaway so lightly
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks...

For those who have questions about practical issues... e.g. "i've got an email", "I've already closed my accounts." This is what I propose.

Give it a day or so and if its not sorted get in touch with Littlewoods yourself; this decision has come from the very top and like any organisation it may take a little time to filter through. I have absolute faith it'll be sorted (the above statement is a senior and agreed one, not just flipped off the bat), and would prefer to give it a week or two to make its course.

If after that there are still specific cases that aren't sorted appropriately, I'll collect some info and let Littlewoods know.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • SurreyDave_2
    Options
    Martin,

A HUGE thank you for your efforts on this. Very much appreciated. I've spent countless time on the phone to Littlewoods trying to resolve this and even today received yet another letter from this stating I still owed them them money!!!

I'll use the statement posted by you to hopefully bring this matter to a close.

You are a saint and your words of warning to future use of codes has been noted !

Cheers
    Dave
  • imported_goldie
    Options
    Thanks Martin for taking the time to sort this out. Greatly appreciated.
  • Tommy_V
    Options
    Goods news to everyone on this & well done Martin!

However I have a question:
    I registered with Kays & at the same time used a voucher back in late September/early October. I paid by Credit Card so the amount was taken from my bank immediatley but the item wasnt available until mid November so I wont receive the discount until the item is in stock & has despatched. However due to the LW group clamping down on these vouchers & sorting out their online system will I still get my discount now or should I just cancel the order?
  • imported_goldie
    Options
    Just had an email after contacting Littlewoods about refund. Is dated today , 11th, and states "I can confirm the Company's decision on this was final and remains unchanged. Therefore you will not be getting a refund".
  • rockin_plumber
    Options
    Just had an email after contacting Littlewoods about refund. Is dated today , 11th, and states "I can confirm the Company's decision on this was final and remains unchanged. Therefore you will not be getting a refund".

Look back at post 23 ;)
  • charis18uk
    Options
    Just spoke to a nice lady at Littlewoods who initially knew nothing about this. However she went away for a few mins and came back saying she had a memo abou this issue dated 12/11/07 worded very much the same as Martins post. The amounts owing to people who have paid will be refunded within the next seven days.

I'm happy.

:D
  • ambyuk
    ambyuk Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing. My account is still showing that I owe money but I will leave it another week or so. Thanks Martin.
    :money:
  • daisy1111
    Options
    i agree with what was sauid below. Well done Martin
    pennypuppy wrote: »
    I didn't use the code myself but appreciate your assistance for all those that did.
    Well done Littlewoods too.This was more than fair on their part.:T
    Money makes the world go mad, the world go mad, the world go mad! :wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills