We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Littlewoods £25 voucher code problems resolved

Options

Comments

• IFA
    IFA Posts: 636 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to thank Martin for assisting in this matter, I am truly grateful but it shoudn't have had to go this far.

Littlewoods really need to sort their website out so this doesn't happen again (I bet it does, as this is the second time I believe). If a code is not valid for you it should not work at point of sale..
  • button16
    button16 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you very much Martin, you are one amazing guy :D
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    pennypuppy wrote: »
    I didn't use the code myself but appreciate your assistance for all those that did.
    Well done Littlewoods too.This was more than fair on their part.:T

Same here.

OMG I'm agreeing with you.;) :eek:
  • davieg11
    davieg11 Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent work Martin. I hope Tesco don't go looking for money back or a lot of people like myself could be in big trouble
  • Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Options
    Word is slow filtering down to customer services..... just rang them to ask why my account hasn't been credited and they say there will be no refunds. Will give them another call in a couple of weeks. Maybe we will have to ask for it... they won't give it automatically??
  • Redknapp
    Options
    Mailed them and had the below reply.

Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for contacting www.littlewoods.com about your recent order.

We are sorry but the items you have ordered cannot be reduced.

Unfortunately this code is invalid as shown in our terms and conditions
    as explained in our previous emails to you.

When you have redeemed a promotional code or any other offer ("a Code")
    against your order, acceptance of this order is subject to our verifying that
    the code
    has been issued to you personally, that you comply with all the terms of the
    offer and qualify for the code. In the event that the code has not been issued
    to you for your personal use or you do not qualify for the offer, the price of
    the order will be adjusted notwithstanding any e-mails or other confirmation
    that you receive.

If you have any further queries please refer to our Terms and conditions
    listed on our website and at the rear of our catalogue.

Kind Regards
    Customer Support
    Littlewoods
    www.littlewoods.com
  • NICNAK_2
    Options
    i have just checked my littlewoods account and the £25 and late payment charges have been credited back to me so things are being resolved,
    thanks martin:j
  • Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    Am I alone in finding this affair grubby and hypocritical?

MSE members from the top down rightly champion reclaiming unfair or fraudulent charges such as bank charges, credit card penalties, endowment policies and PPI policies from large corporations. Yet when the tables are turned and a company is unfairly (or fraudulently) cheated by MSE members and tries to reclaim that money there is an outcry. These people, possibly illegally, cheated Littlewoods of £25 then cried foul when the company, rightly in the opinion of Trading Standards, tried to get its money back.

Rather than crow about it, those who have been lucky enough not to be charged this time should apologise for giving the rest of us a bad name. Shame on you.
  • cymrugirl
    Options
    I've never bought from them but I would be inclined to agree with cheesy.mike had littlewoods actually been competent enough to put more controls in to making sure the coupons were redeemed correctly. Add to that, they waited 2 months to reclaim the monies, thereby not giving customers the option to return the goods. I have to say that MSE members had a right to kick up a stink.
  • Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    cymrugirl wrote: »
    I've never bought from them but I would be inclined to agree with cheesy.mike had littlewoods actually been competent enough to put more controls in to making sure the coupons were redeemed correctly. Add to that, they waited 2 months to reclaim the monies, thereby not giving customers the option to return the goods. I have to say that MSE members had a right to kick up a stink.
    Fair points but people have waited years, not 2 months, to reclaim charges from companies. The words sauce, goose and gander come to mind.

Mike
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family