Januarys Bring Your Lunch To Work

Comments

• Can I join too please? Can you put me down for 18

• Leftover party nibbles taken to work with me today so I can officially say I have managed 1 day. Don’t know what I’m going to take tomorrow as my online shop isn’t arriving till tomorrow night but I will find something even if it doesn’t go together at all.
    Make £10 a day in May- £90/£150
  • Day 1 done :) I made a sandwich... which is something I have never made myself in 31 years! It was actually really nice. Snacks were an apple and nuts. Tomorrow will be leftovers (but roast a veg).

Biggest craving was for coffee during the day and late in the day I was hungry as my sandwich wasn't sufficient. So I will bring more food in.

I've decided that for every month I bring in lunch and buy no takeaways I will put £50 to my debt repayments as I used to spend that.
    19/12/14: Spent 10 years of savings!!
    :heart2: ..... to buy my first home. :heart2:
    11K OP 31.03.19

Current goal: €151,000 deposit Ireland and counting, to buy Spring 2022 we hope!
  • Good evening and a happy new year to all!!

Started off the month with a Red Pepper, Lentil and Tomato Soup with Crusty Rolls! Perfect for today

Hope everyone else is going strong
    January Grocery Challenge £71.51/£150.00    48% spent!
    February Grocery Challenge £79.83/£112        71% spent!
    March Grocery Challenge £0.00/£93.00           0% spent!

Save 2022    £2305.21
  • cookie02
    cookie02 Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    May I join as well please? I'm aiming for 16 days for Jan and just finished making soup for this week. The real challenge for me is going to be avoiding buying coffee :eek:

Save 12k in 2022 #26
    Saving for Christmas 2022 #10
  • Can I join in please? I'm a part-timer so 12 days please.

I really, really need to do this. I work a few minutes walk away from home and used to take an hour lunch and come home to make myself something. Since my hours changed I only tend to take 1/2 hour lunch, which meant I started to stop coming home and began buying lunch in the canteen. Then they started to do breakfast deals (£2 coffee + bacon sarnie), and then they started to take card payments. So I have been really, really bad recently!:eek:

There are not heating facilities so it will be sandwiches/salads for the time being but I want to get a soup flask thing as I love home-made soup.

How does the challenge work? Do we report back each day, or tally at the end of the month? :j
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Lunch ready and packed for tomorrow.

Chicken and veg soup from the freezer, the end of a loaf of bread (it will be fine toasted!) and some yogurt and frozen fruit mixed together.

I do need to do a food shop tomorrow, and I think I'll be aiming for a lot of soups whilst the weather is cold!
  • liuhutOz
    liuhutOz Posts: 183 Forumite
    Can I join please. I have been buying lunch and a coffee each day. I worked out that I have been spending $20 a day and I work fulltime :-0

I'm in Australia and have Australia Day off so 21 days for me.

Today I took a Cheese, onion and bread and made a toastie. Tomorrow I have left over homemade chicken soup.
    And no coffee today so $30 saved already!
    Formally liuhut
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 6170.... wins 2011 aprox 2000
  • Good morning and a Happy New Year!

Welcome to the newbies.

Please don't forget to post you're totals as you go along, as this will not only help me to update the list but will also motivate you to try and reach your target.

Everyone so far is off to a flying start and January should be a great boost to everyone.

Good luck :)
  • Chicken curry and a crusty roll for me for lunch today, nothing too exciting.

I have a few bits in my desk drawer so that should keep me going for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure