PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th December 2018

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning,

I made a list earlier, so that so far I have:
    dropped DD at school;
    avoided the market as it was heaving - and that was at 8am!
    gone to Scr3wf!x to pick up some bits for DH (much quicker for me to go to the small town one than for him to battle the shopper traffic to get to the big town one);
    nipped across to Mr T which is opposite to get a couple of bits so that I can prep some lunches and dinner before going out to get haircut in big town via Mr M.

I'm now about to try a Moroccan veggie soup in the slow cooker, which sounds suitably Slinky to be my lunch for the next few days. Butternut lasagne to prep for tonight's dinner (another experiment), then maybe a quick flutter before I have to go out.

Just thinking - not seen Mademoiselle recently. Hope she is ok.

Have a lovely day everyone.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have eaten, folded towels and hung over maiden, ironed what needed ironing and hung that. Emptied vacuum (bin day tomorrow); better to do it now, as it's dry so I can do it outside. And it's light so I can see what I'm doing.
    Need to go to work via M&S as Xmas fair santa needs a 'nice' bottle of red as a thank you.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happily, both the dessert and the flower arrangement were much praised at our meal last night.
    Mr N has set off to take his mum to the dentist, via the tip, the furniture shop and some other chore I can't recall.
    I've got all paperwork together for today's assessment then it's:
    finishing off clearing out the lounge for the carpet clean man. I'd say currently most of our household contents are in our bedroom, my study, the conservatory and the garage. In no particular order.
    putting away clean clothes
    adding to a report
    knitting
    going to uni via H&bitat and PO (again - they were closed yesterday).

See how that lot goes. In theory we have a private dance lesson then the usual dance club this eve. Can't imagine much enthusiasm let alone energy will abound.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    I have eaten, folded towels and hung over maiden, ironed what needed ironing and hung that. Emptied vacuum (bin day tomorrow); better to do it now, as it's dry so I can do it outside. And it's light so I can see what I'm doing.
    Need to go to work via M&S as Xmas fair santa needs a 'nice' bottle of red as a thank you.

er, I read that quickly that you are now reduced to eating linen let alone those drunken daughters!!!! Think I'll go back to bed. Not.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    [STRIKE]finishing off clearing out the lounge for the carpet clean man[/STRIKE]. Vacuumed carpet and dusted a few surfaces while I was about it
    putting away clean clothes
    adding to a report
    [STRIKE]knitting[/STRIKE]
    going to uni via H&bitat and PO (again - they were closed yesterday).

Huh, forgot to put wash hall curtains on list - now done
    Filled bird feeders while hanging out curtains.
    1 load through DW.

Oh well, time to get ready for uni. If I arrive early I can do a bit of report writing while I'm waiting for my student.
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Evening all, once again I'm late in, and will need to play catch up tomorrow.

Monday was gym, Tuesday a visit to granma, today boxing. Only had about an hour of free time each day, and video games have taken priority!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Thanks Fayolle, yes I'm still here

Thursday already, where did this week go.

I have futtered a bit,on Monday had new pellet stove fitted in the morning and so when I got home after lunch I made the most of all the furniture being out of the way and tidied, dusted and steamed the floors. New stove looks lovely and it is helping me like the house again. So then Tuesday morning before work I did library end of living room and put up tree; well lights and tinsel are on it so just need to finish putting baubles on. Tuesday I worked until late and then got involved watching news about terrible event at the Strasbourg Christmas market with DD1 who is home at the moment. OH came back from trip abroad late too. Wednesday was definitely no flying as I work all day with kids groups and it was our last one before the holidays so parents in for each class to see their work and presetations and songs etc. Chaos!

Today I want to finish the tree, and do the ironing and more washing. That should be easy as will be looking for clean jobs this morning before starting work at lunchtime. Also need to go through the paperwork tray as loads of stuff has been dumped in it to be looked at 'later'.

Hugs to all that want or need, am off to shower and get dressed.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Hello Mademoiselle :wave:- busy as ever, I see!

Yesterday yet again got jobs ticked off, and more jobs added in return. Today, amongst other things, I have to sort a whole salmon...it seemed like a good idea at the time to buy it! So I also need to try to reorganise the freezer, as it is currently stuffed with awkward shapes.

I'm off to work soon. I'm going to try to dash round the LR and DR with the vacuum cleaner before I go. I just need DD to vacate the building...French verbs are currently being recited...no prizes for guessing this morning's exam!

Have a good day, all.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Hi everyone it sounds as though most of you are flying well. I on the other hand have done zilch. Spent 2 hours doing horses this morning now off to shower before visiting relative. House feels like it's going slowly downhill. :(
  • Barugon
    Barugon Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon!

Don't beat yourself up, shirlgirl. It'll get there.

I've had a leisurely morning. Faffed about with my finances, in preparation for pay day tomorrow. Kitchen and Bathroom are holding up, so an S&S before bed will suffice.

Everyone else is off the the Scouts Xmas Party at 6 tonight, so I'll crack on with the Living Room then. This is the last proper day off that I'll have before Xmas, so I don't want to waste it cleaning in here twice (once in the morning and again when the brood drop all their junk off after work/school :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure