PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th December 2018

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Sounds as if everyone is being hard on themselves - non list items are still fine and sometimes just doing basic life skills is like wading through treacle.

Well said Narc0 - I've been like this for most of the past couple of years and just beginning to get my mojo back. Any progress is still progress.

PTA banking first.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    Options
    been to bank (quick nip in and out as have free parking until 10:00am)
    Ironed *almost* all of laundry

kitchen (ie Monday) next
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Barugon
    Options
    Bathroom done! Well, as much as I can. We need a new one, really, but I've actually made the one we have more appealing. I don't know how we accumulated so many empty shampoo, conditioner and shower gel bottles. I'm going to see if I can find some sort of recycling bin solution. Our bathroom is really tiny, though, so it's going to take a little imagination. Floorspace is a premium and over the door storage isn't really do-able.

45 mins of TV now, before I start to get ready for work. Have a good day!
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Valli, you are a mind reading angel :A. I seem to have inadvertently done things off today's list! Now there's a first for a long time.

Christmas presents have been hauled from various stashing points, but the enthusiasm to actually wrap any has now waned. It was a small window of opportunity to be fair, iyswim :D.

Various emails and calls made. Lunch, then I must find a new wm.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Spinning round like a mad spinning thing here.
    Picked foliage for flower arrangement. Eek, frost!
    Went to zumba. Quick coffee with the gang.
    Rushed across the road to furniture shop. Fell in love with a hall thing. Photo'd , measure and discussed it with shop man (small company), got price down but feared it was too big. Ran back to gym, emailed photos to Mr N.
    Did hour of shoulder exercises with trainer.
    Quick scone and coffee with friend on way home to give her present.
    Home via postbox.
    Admired newly laid carpet, vacuumed it. We think it is fab. Discussed furniture.
    Started to clear lounge as carpet shampoo man has made contact and will be here tomorrow as planned.:eek:
    Started flower arrangement for this evening 's dinner hostess. Started making dessert. Did a row of knitting while Mr N at his mum's.
    That's it so far.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Left home at 8.30 and not been home long, pizza in the oven for dinner. Almost nothing done here today. Hoping for a better day tomorrow although I'm hopefully meeting a friend for lunch so that might not happen either.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The angel and donkey are finished :)
    DGS3+4's nativity play was great :):)
    DH has agreed a compromise on a lift to hospital, but I'm still having to push him to phone to ask if there's been an earlier cancellation that he could fill :o - but his team won the model railway club this evening, so he's come home in a good mood and somehow agreed to make a flock of 20 cotton-wool-ball sheep for me tomorrow :)
  • Valli
    Options
    Deacon Blue were absolutely fantastic ... played for two-and-a-quarter hours.
    In other news I have a clean bathroom, a clean kitchen and no outstanding ironing.

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yesterday was better ,kitchen nearly done ,also wrote most of the cards and cleaned bathroom sinks
    Attended WI committee meeting (treasurer),in the afternoon went to U3A quiz ,Christmas theme ,anyone for a cracker jokes round ?mcuh laughter and groans .
    Feeling better and more Christmassy ,slept better
    Out this morning but will crack on this aftrernoon.
  • Barugon
    Options
    Not getting involved with the kids rooms without back up! I'll tackle them with the kids at the weekend. Going to spend the morning catching up with odds and sods from earlier and compiling a toots list, so I can start working on that next week (or this week!).

Major plus for me yesterday. Bulk cooked a chilli and now have 4 days of work lunches in the freezer. Mr T (who employs me, for what it's worth) is giving staff double discount at the end of the week, so I feel that there might be a lot more bulk cooking coming up over the weekend. Time to put the slow cooker to good use! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure