Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    * Be at goal weight of 10st
    * Stop being so lazy
    * Save around £3,600
    * Stop hoarding toiletries
    * Stop hoarding stationary
    * Use up as much of the current hoard of toiletries and stationary that I already have accumulated

Dxxx

* Still way off that goal
    * Still lazy
    * Saved £3,000 - not my goal but still brilliant
    * Haven't bought any toiletries
    * Haven't bought any stationary
    * Used up some but still have quite a bit to go

Dxxx
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alikay wrote: »
    Replace some of the tatty items of clothing that I insist on wearing out of habit and replace with things that are still comfy but less ageing and unflattering.
    Done this! Also managed to sort my hair out with a more flattering style and colour - result!

Find the time to regularly do something creative
    Nope...still on the to-do list :(

Cut down on the time spent volunteering - it has become more like a "proper" job.
    Not managed this at all, and have actually increased the amount of time I spend volunteering. Really feel that the role has value, though, and I'm good at it. And in the current climate of austerity, there's no-one else to do it.....

Lose 10lbs (yeah, right....)
    Does gaining 2 lbs count? - it IS Christmas!
  • topsyturphy
    Options
    What I want to achieve in 2019

1. Complete training for marathon in April.
    2. Run the Brighton Marathon.
    3. Save at least £3000
    4. Pay off small debts - before the above.
    5. Get garden under control - more effort required.
    6. Book at least 1 thing per month for pure enjoyment.(will be mainly low cost).
    7. See friends.
    8. Laugh and be grateful each day.

Think that’s enough to be going on with

I managed no 1 & 2.
    Not so good on no. 3 but did go away 6 times last year as my youngest son was working abroad and didn’t borrow any money.
    4. Paid off some small debts.
    5. Got someone in to cut hedges and trees, still a work in progress.
    6. Combined 5 & 6 and had some great times.
    8. work with fun colleagues now so easy at work - enjoy my job. At home have watched good films/tv and enjoyed oh company. Tried to be grateful for something each day - done days easier than others though.
  • kezzygirl
    kezzygirl Posts: 896 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kezzygirl wrote: »
    I lost my nanna in February of this year from complications following a chest infection. This time last year we had no idea that we only had 6 weeks left with her,It came as such a shock. This year had held some lows and some highs and big changes. We bought our first home after being housing association tenants and renting for 14 years. Our home is quite a distance from where we used to live, So this has been a good challenge and so far we love it here. My goals for 2019 are:

Continue to have a happy and loving marriage-nailed it :)
    Continue to help my children grow into lovely people, spend time with them and taking time to just 'be'-enjoying the little things that life has to offer - I continue to practice to do this every day
    Complete my course through work to allow me a pay rise-completed!
    Continue to manage our bills and pay down the debt. I would like to be in a better financial position this time next year (moving house is so expensive! )-hmm, debt is a bit lower but not as much as I would like.
    Help my husband seek a different job which pays better and makes him happier-he is due to start his new job this month!!!

Think that will do, good luck kezzygirl- 2019 will be a good year. You've got this x

Wowee, its lovely to read what my Hope's were this time last year!
    Pleased i have managed most of them :)
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Starchaser wrote: »
    2018 has sadly been a step back for me in several ways, but nothing will change if I don't try to start anew. So let's do this!

My 2019 goals are:

-lose 4st,
    -get out more socially,
    -travel more, including abroad at least once,
    -finish painting my house (for now!),
    -tidy up my garden,
    -make better use of my time generally and
    -try to meet someone.

All the best to us all :-)

Well, to cut a long story short I painted a little more of the house but other than that not much progress made I'm afraid! A couple of stumbling blocks along the way that set me back too much sadly.

Oh well - onto 2020!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport