🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,781 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on paypal :)

Glad all well in DD's world xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope your DD's okay

Well done on the pots etc

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Beanie and WB. DD is fine, it was a connection to somebody who did something and the person is living a long way from home. It upsets me just thinking about it tbh. Person went home today for a few days which is probably the best thing to do. x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello Tea , I see you posting on Wannabes thread so I have come to read your diary , I am on page 10 so am getting there . Just wanted to say I am around 5 miles away from you so another local person . If I remember rightly you have a really good butcher near you, I have been with a good friend in the past. Anyway keep on posting .
  • System
    Options
    I have finished now , you have a caravan so look forward to your holiday stories , do you have a favourite site ? I am a knitter but never got to grips with crochet maybe I should give it a try.

Have a good day , its childminding day for me .
  • teafor2
    Options
    Hi Cumbria and welcome. It's not an overly exciting read so well done :rotfl:

We do have a good butcher but I'm wondering if you're thinking of the same one which is near the library? I don't know what I'd do without my crochet, it passes a lot of time and the bonus is somebody always wants it :) Childminding for us tomorrow as well.

I will pop over and visit you - your diary that is not your house :D Have a lovely day. x
  • teafor2
    edited 1 February 2019 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Morning Everybody - 1st February. New month, new start and all that...:)

Day 1/28, 0/15 NSD's, Prolific £5.41 cleared, £1.67p pending, Cash £23.75 for 1st-7th Feb

Starting with a slightly different total this month as I've taken £25 out for a gift. So my kitty is £215 spends + £10.38 carried forward from January = £225.38. For ease I'm rounding down to £225, the 38p has gone in the caravan kitty. I have enough in there for a 99 now :T

So, usual allocated money to pots is:

Savings £25
    DS Savings £10
    Christmas £10
    Caravan £5 + 50p found under sofa & 38p round down :D
    Dogs £25
    Hairdressers £10
    Credit Card £40
    Theatre Tickets £5
    Total : £130

This leaves £23.75 per week to spend which is slightly less than last month but I've added 2 pots - caravan and theatre - so money has going into them. I've never spent my full weekly quota, so fingers crossed, I'll keep that habit up and have some left over every week to carry forward or bump the pots up.

CC stands at £1,782. I'll be paying at least £120 off this month. £80 standard and £40 extra.

So pots are now looking like this:

Savings £67
    DS Savings £20
    Christmas £32
    Caravan £7.38
    Dogs £50
    Hairdressers £20
    Credit Card £40 extra payment
    Theatre Tickets £5

Pleased with how everything is looking.

Have a good day everybody. Blue sky and sunshine here. No wonder we talk about the weather so much in the UK, we can get through 4 seasons in a day. xx
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The sun is bright today, hoping it's warm enough to melt some of the ice so I can walk to school not slide :rotfl:

Pots are looking good :D

Glad DD is okay, hopefully a few days back home for the other person makes things better.

Take care
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • System
    Options
    Tea I mean the one fit for a Lord:rotfl:

The trouble with me is I am left handed and can't seem to get the hang of crochet from a right handed person.

Enjoy your day.
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    Pots look great Tea! You're on a mission!

I love that you're measuring your Caravan pot by how many 99s you can afford :) Made me smile!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family