We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Prenup stay at home mum

Options

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Advertising spam is not permitted on here - post reported for removal.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • duchy
    Options
    And she wants a guaranteed free house in exchange for a few hours childcare a day!

This is why one major reason why marriage rates are at an all time low...why would a man be expose himself to being ruined financially on the whim of another person?

You've never raised children have you :D
    Only someone childless or an absent from birth parent would consider parenthood as "a few hours childcare a day" (presumably the child looks after themselves for the remaining hours in the 24 hour period) Too funny !

• username12345678
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    You've never raised children have you :D
    Only someone childless or an absent from birth parent would consider parenthood as "a few hours childcare a day" (presumably the child looks after themselves for the remaining hours in the 24 hour period) Too funny !

As it happens I have raised children including someone else's child from age 1 through to successful adulthood (admittedly not without the occasional bump along the road :D).

And I worked shifts.

And I did more than an equal share of cooking and cleaning and believe me it isn't nearly as difficult as many on here seem to make out...I can only surmise they are trying to inflate their contribution as a means for justifying in their own minds their greed and lack of self-respect when it comes to money.
  • duchy
    edited 25 November 2018 at 5:42AM
    Options
    As it happens I have raised children including someone else's child from age 1 through to successful adulthood (admittedly not without the occasional bump along the road :D).

And I worked shifts.

And I did more than an equal share of cooking and cleaning and believe me it isn't nearly as difficult as many on here seem to make out...I can only surmise they are trying to inflate their contribution as a means for justifying in their own minds their greed and lack of self-respect when it comes to money.

So who looked after your children after you'd completed your "few hours of childcare a day" ? I can quite understand why you'd have encountered some "bumps along the way" if you equate parenting with childcare. It's a bit like equating sperm donation with fatherhood.
    Even once old enough for school children have this annoying habit of needing fulltime care in school holidays (you know those 180 days a year schools are closed !) . A few hours a day child minding tends to be insufficient and doesn't fit terribly well with shift work (social services tend to get a bit upset if you leave them unattended for hours on end or overnight). Bumps in the road indeed !!!!

Any adult can cook or clean - so not sure what the relevance of that is . It's a normal function of life nothing to do with child raising. Childless people cook and clean too !
    Clearly you are very bitter but that's no excuse to talk nonsense .

• duchy
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    That’s no different to saying if I turn up for my driving test and...

I think where paternity isn’t disputed then PR should be granted at no cost.

PR is automatic in two instances, the parents are married to each other at the time of the birth or the father attends the birth registration with the mother if unmarried. It really isn't anything too complicated. a mother cannot name the father on the birth certificate if unmarried unless he is present however.

• username12345678
    Options
    So who looked after your children after you'd completed your "few hours of childcare a day" ? I can quite understand why you'd have encountered some "bumps along the way" if you equate parenting with childcare. It's a bit like equating sperm donation with fatherhood.
    Even once old enough for school children have this annoying habit of needing fulltime care in school holidays (you know those 180 days a year schools are closed !) . A few hours a day child minding tends to be insufficient and doesn't fit terribly well with shift work (social services tend to get a bit upset if you leave them unattended for hours on end or overnight). Bumps in the road indeed !!!!

Any adult can cook or clean - so not sure what the relevance of that is . It's a normal function of life nothing to do with child raising. Childless people cook and clean too !
    Clearly you are very bitter but that's no excuse to talk nonsense .

I assume you've been on the wine? :D

So your equivalence compass works like this...

Parenting = Sperm Donation
    Childcare = Fatherhood

I would suggest you take stock of your values and perhaps reassess how you think parenting and childcare relate to each other. :rotfl:
  • duchy
    Options
    I assume you've been on the wine? :D

So your equivalence compass works like this...

Parenting = Sperm Donation
    Childcare = Fatherhood

I would suggest you take stock of your values and perhaps reassess how you think parenting and childcare relate to each other. :rotfl:

Nice try .......but my meaning was perfectly clear to anyone with a basic understanding of parenting . I'm beginning to understand why you seem to have all these "bumps in the road". Maybe you don't realise how transparent you are though. I wish you peace and hope you find some reconciliation and are able to shed your burden of bitterness in the future.
    (Oh and I don't drink (but I suspect your self pity may mean you do !)

• username12345678
    Options
    Nice try .......but my meaning was perfectly clear to anyone with a basic understanding of parenting . I'm beginning to understand why you seem to have all these "bumps in the road". Maybe you don't realise how transparent you are though. I wish you peace and hope you find some reconciliation and are able to shed your burden of bitterness in the future.
    (Oh and I don't drink (but I suspect your self pity may mean you do !)

Some wild flailing ad-hom attacks in there with little in the way of constructive engagement. :D

That said i'll show my wife your comments later just in case the cap does fit with one or two of them. :rotfl:

I'm pretty confident she will laugh at you and your unhinged ranting though.
  • duchy
    Options
    It's all opinion, not sure why on earth I'd care about your wife's opinion though. You funny little little man ......you might worry about what she thinks but why would a stranger care ??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"I'm telling my wife on you" Bless your heart !

• username12345678
    Options
    It's all opinion, not sure why on earth I'd care about your wife's opinion though. You funny little little man ......you might worry about what she thinks but why would a stranger care ??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

"I'm telling my wife on you" Bless your heart !

You are a right crank. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport