🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Prenup stay at home mum

Options

Comments

• 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That may be the case, but not everyone who divorces then presents a pre nuptial agreement. My daughter married a very wealthy chap who had been divorced and he most certainly didn't.

Exactly. And not everyone who divorces doesn't. I don't think many do pre-nups and I am not sure they are even legal in UK, but I know they can be used as a guide to a starting point.

If I were the op I wouldn't be forced to sign at all if I didn't want to.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CM66 wrote: »
    My brothers wife has recently walked out on him, and from the way she is acting i don't blame these men from protecting themselves financially as they are the ones that end up getting screwed over!

Its not all in favour of men? men can screw women over too....
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • username12345678
    Options
    So, stay at home with a child for a couple of years and then if you decide you don't want to be married anymore either take the innocent parties house from them or force them to buy you a house.

And people wonder why men are refusing to commit to marriage.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    So, stay at home with a child for a couple of years and then if you decide you don't want to be married anymore either take the innocent parties house from them or force them to buy you a house.

Maybe men could start being the ones who have the baby and stay at home for a few years caring for it?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

This attitude is so pathetic. 'innocent party', 'force to buy a house'.
  • Mr_Costcutter
    Options
    and then if you decide you don't want to be married anymore either take the innocent parties house from them or force them to buy you a house.

Deciding you simply don't wish to be married any more is a really simplistic view - it's usually a lot more complex than that!
  • Rubik
    Rubik Posts: 315 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Maybe men could start being the ones who have the baby and stay at home for a few years caring for it?

Many men already do.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Rubik wrote: »
    Many men already do.

Some do, not many compared to how many women do.
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    74jax wrote: »
    Its not all in favour of men? men can screw women over too....

Absolutely, sorry i was generalising rather a lot based on his situation.... its just since this situation arose i have read so many awful things written by women saying 'take him for all he's got, use the kids, get his money etc etc etc and its just so sad!

I appreciate it does happen to both sides, and that's why i actually think some form of prenup should be considered for every marriage so there is an arrangement in place from the start that is mutually agreed before anger / hatred / spite plays a part after a split
  • Rubik
    Rubik Posts: 315 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Some do, not many compared to how many women do.

It's not a competition! And this comment
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    is completely irrelevant to the OP's situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport