Prenup stay at home mum

Options

Comments

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Rubik wrote: »
    It's not a competition! And this comment
    is completely irrelevant to the OP's situation.

I wasn't replying to the OP
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some do, not many compared to how many women do.

I think there's lots of work to be done in order to completely balance these things.

For example fathers do not have automatic PR.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    I think there's lots of work to be done in order to completely balance these things.

For example fathers do not have automatic PR.

That's for practical reasons though. I bet if it was automatic based on the mother's say so plenty of men would complain!
  • Comms69
    Options
    That's for practical reasons though. I bet if it was automatic based on the mother's say so plenty of men would complain!

I mean that's one possible reason, but actually even where paternity isn't disputed, a man would still need a court order for it.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    I mean that's one possible reason, but actually even where paternity isn't disputed, a man would still need a court order for it.

Only if its after the fact surely?

Fathers do have automatic PR if they jointly register the birth.
  • Comms69
    Options
    Only if its after the fact surely?

Fathers do have automatic PR if they jointly register the birth.

If there are issues with the relationship, a father is required to pay for a court order to gain PR.

Something isn’t automatic if there’s a prerequisite.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    If there are issues with the relationship, a father is required to pay for a court order to gain PR.

Something isn’t automatic if there’s a prerequisite.

If there aren't issues and the father goes to register the birth with the mother, it is automatic.

What system do you think should be in place for making it automatic if the father isn't present to register the birth?
  • Claddagh_Noir
    Options
    Oh wow... he wants a pre-nup but done things *rse backwards by having a child with you out of wedlock?!

He does realise that if you split, he will be liable for child support or does he just have you as a glorified slave, housesitter and baby maker??

Good luck in your marriage.
  • Comms69
    Options
    If there aren't issues and the father goes to register the birth with the mother, it is automatic.

What system do you think should be in place for making it automatic if the father isn't present to register the birth?

That’s no different to saying if I turn up for my driving test and...

I think where paternity isn’t disputed then PR should be granted at no cost.
  • username12345678
    Options
    Oh wow... he wants a pre-nup but done things *rse backwards by having a child with you out of wedlock?!

He does realise that if you split, he will be liable for child support or does he just have you as a glorified slave, housesitter and baby maker??

Good luck in your marriage.

And she wants a guaranteed free house in exchange for a few hours childcare a day!

This is why one major reason why marriage rates are at an all time low...why would a man be expose himself to being ruined financially on the whim of another person?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure