25 Brexit need-to-knows

Options

Comments

• soldierboy001
    Options
    I'm sorry but have I misunderstood but where does this high forces pension come from. I have a services pension and whilst it was non contributory it is in no way great, but this of course varies according to rank at discharge. Five years of paying into a pension after leaving the Army gives me an equally paying private pension.
  • alggomas
    alggomas Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whichever way we leave The EU it will not be instant.
    No one is going to stop thousands of trucks from travelling to and from UK and The EU.
    What will happen, either way is that there will be more discussions.
    Gradually tariffs will be changed gradually probably after all the orders etc have been honoured. Other things will change also.
    One of which will be the introduction of a 3 year visas for people not in the EU and which to travel through or holiday there.
    I can understand the worry about say medical supplies but I doubt if they will stop either way. They may be more expensive but this was expected when we will leave.
    I feel the media is painting a black picture of this.
    The people want to leave, most MP's want to stay if MP's and other influential people say we stay,will this be the end of democracy and a new dictorial Parliament?
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    alggomas wrote: »
    Whichever way we leave The EU it will not be instant.
    No one is going to stop thousands of trucks from travelling to and from UK and The EU.
    What will happen, either way is that there will be more discussions.
    Gradually tariffs will be changed gradually probably after all the orders etc have been honoured. Other things will change also.
    One of which will be the introduction of a 3 year visas for people not in the EU and which to travel through or holiday there.
    I can understand the worry about say medical supplies but I doubt if they will stop either way. They may be more expensive but this was expected when we will leave.
    I feel the media is painting a black picture of this.
    The people wantED to leave, most MP's want to stay if MP's and other influential people say we stay,will this be the end of democracy and a new dictorial Parliament?

http://www.natcen.ac.uk/news-media/press-releases/2019/march/british-public-unhappy-about-brexit-negotiations,-with-leavers-and-remainers-equally-critical/
    and many more....... BREXIT will be revoked - mark my words !!
    Parliament will not allow the UK to leave with NO DEAL
    May will not offer any alternative to her way
    DUP will support May in government but not in voting

So if May wants to stay PM - She is safe

but since the only alternative is NO BREXIT
    So be it....
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    The odds on Brexit being cancelled are currently 40 %

https://qz.com/1584156/odds-of-brexit-cancellation-rise-to-40-says-goldman-sachs/

What will "leavers" try next ?
    Assassinate the PM ?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    The odds on Brexit being cancelled are currently 40 %

https://qz.com/1584156/odds-of-brexit-cancellation-rise-to-40-says-goldman-sachs/

What will "leavers" try next ?
    Assassinate the PM ?

Which part of post #1 do you not understand? Stick to the topic please.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have read Martin’s Brexit guide today in its updated form after the new extension to 31st October 2019. Thank you Martin.

If Britain is to leave the EU the best method to both end the uncertainty and to give as much time as possible to sort out and answer so many of the issues mentioned in his guide is for Parliament to agree the Withdrawal/transition/political understanding deal ASAP.

The uncertainty since June 2016 has done more to decrease any Brexit dividend (I never believed there would be one) and has increased the medium term damage to both sides of Britain leaving.

Presently there are NO winners.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,292 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »

If Britain is to leave the EU.........

That's the big question, though.

And given that it's getting on for three years now since the referendum it's about time that the whole thing was tested again by a public vote based on what we know now.

After all, nothing's set in stone. general elections take place at least once every 5 years, and even if we do leave the EU you can be very certain that we'll be voting again at some point fairly soon on trying to gain re-entry (but on significantly worse terms than we have now of course).
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Which part of post #1 do you not understand? Stick to the topic please.

I understand that you are a LEAVER and are disappointed with the way that Brexit appears to be heading....
  • Jenjenny
    Options
    I am afraid the advice for Brits resident in the EU to swap their British driving license for that of their European country is no longer accurate for France. Because of the volume of applications being received by the central office in Nantes, they are now sending all applications back, with a letter, telling the recipient they are only dealing with applications from those whose licenses have been lost or stolen, where entitlements are changed, the license is expiring, or the holder has committed a driving offence. My daughter applied just after Christmas and has had hers returned to her in this way and I have seen this discussed on line.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    If Brexit goes ahead - and you are disabled - you WILL lose out

Since :

"The Work and Health Programme, Work Routes and Right Steps to Work are financed by the European Social Fund.
    Positive People and Hopeful Families are funded by the European Social Fund"

According to my Disability Employment Adviser - There is nothing in place to replace the funding !

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback