Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    T
    I seem to be in the minority and feel like others throw themselves into it all full heartedly making me feel very bah humbug.:(

I much prefer January with the hope of new starts and what the new year may bring. :D

I am bah humbug. even more so now xmas seems to be just a commercial entity putting people more and more into debt so they can keep up with everyone else.

now we have xmas eve boxes, advent books, (although done properly with a lot of charity shop buying, etc, could be cheap enough, but not when your DS is 11 and bookworm. So all books would have to be the latest ones.)

elf on the blooming shelf, etc. people seem to want to spread one day into 31 days and then its the costs involved.

we have been doing the reverse food advent calendar, where you put an item of food, canned,long life, etc into a box for 25 days. When finished donate to the food bank. Seeing how much foodbanks are asking for donations this year, makes me hurt. We never had as many foodbanks as we have had this year. We shouldn't have as many foodbanks.

anyway, get off my political box and get on with what this thread is about.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    I am bah humbug. even more so now xmas seems to be just a commercial entity putting people more and more into debt so they can keep up with everyone else.

now we have xmas eve boxes, advent books, (although done properly with a lot of charity shop buying, etc, could be cheap enough, but not when your DS is 11 and bookworm. So all books would have to be the latest ones.)

elf on the blooming shelf, etc. people seem to want to spread one day into 31 days and then its the costs involved.

we have been doing the reverse food advent calendar, where you put an item of food, canned,long life, etc into a box for 25 days. When finished donate to the food bank. Seeing how much foodbanks are asking for donations this year, makes me hurt. We never had as many foodbanks as we have had this year. We shouldn't have as many foodbanks.

anyway, get off my political box and get on with what this thread is about.

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

My thoughts exactly!!
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • unicorndeva
    Options
    No, you're right, KM, it's me. Except I've hit a snag:mad:.

I've managed to squirrel away enough money to finally clear my remaining debt but I was hoping to negotiate what they call Full & Final settlements to clear the remainder at a discount. Lots of people on other threads I go on have managed to negotiate a discount of up to 60% off on the last bit of their debts after paying the majority of it off over several years. I've just paid a couple off already but the remaining 3 have either not replied to my offer letters yet (after 3 weeks:eek:) or turned the offer down:mad:. I could go ahead and pay in full but I'm not going to, it's the principle really. These banks have had a fortune out of me over the years in interest and overdue and overlimit fees. I've already repaid over £50,000 since 2013 and most of that was interest:eek:. Other people are getting away with reduced settlements and I want some of that too:o

I'd dreamed about starting 2019 completely debt-free but I expect I'm going to have to be patient for a bit longer. Still, I don't suppose 'only' owing £4665 is too bad all things considered.

Hey CBC do you need to pay them off at all... give me a PM if you like and we can discuss it xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure