Oled tv screen burn

Options

Comments

• cm004d8137
    Options
    I am too infuriated by the fragility of OLED all of these doubters will find out like I did after 2.5 years of normal everyday use that you end up with burnt-in logos all over the place
  • cm004d8137
    Options
    Frosdee wrote: »
    I've got exactly the same issue with an LG OLED bought November 2016. Slightly galled I have to say by commenters suggesting it's the users fault for not doing their homework before buying, or not using the TV properly (I use mine to watch TV, what else should I use it for - washing the dishes?). I read a number of reviews of the TV before I bought it - they were all glowing, it was 5 star rated by most and decribed as one of the best TVs around and worth the expense ('What Hi Fi' for example - I won't be trusting their reviews again). Not one review mentioned the risk of screen burn. Also galled by the fact LG and the retailer John Lewis have the audacity to entice you to buy the products by offering guarantees, and then don't honour them. The fact they claim the guarantee doesn't cover screen burn tells you they know full well it can and probably will occur. Therefore it's a flaw in the technology and LG should never have marketed it. For the fact they did, any consumers let down by the issue shoud be fully compensated. Oh, and for the record, my screen burn has resulted from brief repetitions over time rather than long periods of the same image. I have Sky TV and whenever you interact with the set top box (which has to be very often) an onscreen box pops up which has little command icons like 'delete'. That bright yellow 'delete' icon has burned in despite my using the TV with standard settings, and safetey features turned on. LG OLEDs should have been marketed with an upfront, unmissable warning "not recommended for use with set top box menus, game consoles, channels displaying logos or other fixed graphics". But then no one would have bought them, so they kept it quiet. Dishonest trading as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree bought in 2016 it took 2.5 years to end up with logos and icons burnt-in
  • cm004d8137
    Options
    Frosdee wrote: »
    ...I'm very pleased to say that John Lewis are behaving honorably and have offered me either a replacement or refund, both of which are fair compensation. All being well I should soon be receiving a new Samsung QLED (fingers crossed), which I note comes with a 10 year Samsung warranty against screenburn (they must have more faith in their products)!

Hopefully LG are in turn compensating retailers!

LG unfortunately don't want to know in my case, purchased 2016 with bad image burn:(
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No need for 6 seperate posts to tell us the same thing every time. What retailer did you buy it from? Many will have warranties that you would still be within.
  • Right_Kefuffle
    Options
    I bought my 2016 OLED from John Lewis with a so-called cast iron warranty.

JLP did not want to know and they even pointed out to me that their warranty explicitly excludes OLED from burn in.

Great TV , brilliant picture but if you get 'burn-in' you are on your own :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    cm004d8137 wrote: »
    OLED burn-in from the comments here there is a distinct lack of support/sympathy from all of those OLED owners who have not YET had the problem, like me it appeared after 2.5 years of 'normal' TV watching, i do not play games I do not pause the screen, just watch TV simples! I have image burn from the PRESS RED (top right) and BBCNews (bottom left) I am not watching this all day every day just 'normal'

You want support/sympathy from people who haven't actually had any issues? :rotfl:
  • cm004d8137
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    No need for 6 seperate posts to tell us the same thing every time. What retailer did you buy it from? Many will have warranties that you would still be within.
    Sorry new to this Forum, thought I was replying to individuals supporting their comments, oh well

Bought from Currys on-line
  • cm004d8137
    Options
    You want support/sympathy from people who haven't actually had any issues? :rotfl:

It took mine 2 1/2 years to surface, how olds yours? :cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    cm004d8137 wrote: »
    It took mine 2 1/2 years to surface, how olds yours? :cool:

My nearly 5 year old Sony Android TV is very well, thanks for asking :cool:
  • bradleyciaran
    Options
    Hello, everybody. I now have the same problem with a Sony 65 in. which cost me the best part of £4000. A bluish line horizontally along the bottom of the screen which coincides with the Sky News breaking news yellow line. Also in the middle of the screen is the burnt in image of LBC radio. It is impossible to pause this and I would have it on for a maximum of 2 hours. I no longer have any of these stations on this tv, but use them on my other tv which is worth about £80!! If Sony refuses to satisfy my complaint I will take the issue through the small claims court. You are willing to join me....I believe any reasonable person will agree that a company such as Sony cannot win the argument that it was my fault, and not theirs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback