Oled tv screen burn

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No obligation re spares pre 2020 anyway .
    Not sure how a non UK company can be forced to do that .
  • Macedo1
    Options
    Gordons19 said:
    Interesting. Just dug out the John Lewis warranty they gave me at the time and no mention of screen burn anywhere in the policy, certainly not under exclusions. Looked up a brand new replacement set and checked out the 5 year warranty and the latest policy specifically includes screen burn.
    Hi could you please email me your TV warranty. I have lost mine and bought a TV like yours in 2016 from John Lewis. Please help 
  • Macedo1
    Options
    Macedo1 said:
    Gordons19 said:
    Interesting. Just dug out the John Lewis warranty they gave me at the time and no mention of screen burn anywhere in the policy, certainly not under exclusions. Looked up a brand new replacement set and checked out the 5 year warranty and the latest policy specifically includes screen burn.
    Hi could you please email me your TV warranty. I have lost mine and bought a TV like yours in 2016 from John Lewis. Please help 
    Can anyone help? 
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    That Oled  warranty is not valid in 2016 .Its a new product you buy .
    Suggest you read the thread .
  • Macedo1
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. I brought the OLED TV in July 2016 at John Lewis. 
    It came with the extra free 5 year warranty. 
    Does this warranty not cover my screen burn? 

• JJ_Egan
    Options
    You would need to read what the warranty covers .
  • Macedo1
    Options
    Does anyone still have the warranty that came with their OLED TV bought from John Lewis in 2016, 2017? 
    I can't find mine. I believe the pre 2018 warranties had no mention to screen burn. Would like to prove that to John Lewis. They don't want to fix my TV. 
  • Right_Kefuffle
    Options
    Macedo1 said:
    Does anyone still have the warranty that came with their OLED TV bought from John Lewis in 2016, 2017? 
    I can't find mine. I believe the pre 2018 warranties had no mention to screen burn. Would like to prove that to John Lewis. They don't want to fix my TV. 
    I remember that my John Lewis warranty explicitly did not cover any screen burn at all.  It was one of the first things excluded from their small print
  • Right_Kefuffle
    Options
    From the JLP website about their 5-year guarantee

Your guarantee won’t cover:

• Accidental damage, for example if your TV has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy, or you can buy Protect Plus for your TV
    • Image ghosting or screen burn. These can appear on a screen that's left operating for a prolonged period with either a still image or a channel constantly displaying a logo
    Which can be found here...

Guarantees | John Lewis
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    As above especially at a point five years later  , warranty never covered user damage  .

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback