Free Personal Plumbing Info.

Options

Comments

• Sioul
    Sioul Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I have a problem is my boiler for a few months. The boiler keeps losing pressure and the pressure drop from 1.5 bar to below 0.5 in a 2 days. I had all sort of test carried out and the plumber said there is no leak in the system and the problem is with the boiler.

I got the manufacturer to service the the bioler and they have replaced the pressure relief valve and pressure still drops but only by about 0.1 bar per day, could you tell me yet it is still so!!

Many thanks

Sioul
  • viney
    viney Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I am having problems with my bath water goinghot/cold/hot/cold etc.
    It was never a problem before the last 3-4 years. I have a combi boiler and it is about 5 years old.

I know the flow of water is ok, as the waterboard have confirmed it is. I normally notice the problem more in the morning. I dont have showers in the evenings, but I think when I have, then it also happens then.

I know the diverter valve is ok as that was changed recently as were the temp sensor kit andthermostat overheat . Any other ideas?

Thanks
    All that glisters is not gold, except moneysavingexpert.com
  • stuhall1973
    Options
    Hi,

I have limited plumbing experience. I have just moved into my new house which has steel pipework fo my radiators. I want to move a radiator to the other side of the room (something which i have done before on copper pipe), how do you cut and join the lead pipes?
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

I have limited plumbing experience. I have just moved into my new house which has steel pipework fo my radiators. I want to move a radiator to the other side of the room (something which i have done before on copper pipe), how do you cut and join the lead pipes?

If they are Iron/steel pipes,just cut back steel pipework to then nearest jiont and use a 1/2"male ironx15mm fitting.Then use copper.
    if you cant get to a joint(socket/elbow) the you will have to cut the pipe and thread it.
  • james2005
    james2005 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

Im looking to go into the plumbing industry but the nearest college from me is 1.5 hours travel which is ridicuolous and the course is three years

I have seen a few of those crash courses advertised for a couple of grand on
    the internet and in the press but are they a rip off? would those courses really give enough knowledge to become a plumber?

Cheers
  • robowen
    robowen Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    james2005 wrote:
    Hiya

Im looking to go into the plumbing industry but the nearest college from me is 1.5 hours travel which is ridicuolous and the course is three years

I have seen a few of those crash courses advertised for a couple of grand on
    the internet and in the press but are they a rip off? would those courses really give enough knowledge to become a plumber?

Cheers

No they would not.

Not even reading 20 plumbing books back to back would help either.

Experience is the key factor. You need to have a good learning curve by way of recognised qualifications, combined with on site experience.

rob
    If only everything in life was as reliable...AS ME !!
    robowen 5/6/2005©

''Never take an idiot anywhere with you. You'll always find one when you get there.''
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a simple (for someone with no plumbing knowledge) way of giving a low level cistern loo a more powerful flush as ours is pretty poor?

Cheers.
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How old is the cistern/wc,is it a wash-down or syphonic?
  • viney
    viney Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    viney wrote:
    Hi

I am having problems with my bath water goinghot/cold/hot/cold etc.
    It was never a problem before the last 3-4 years. I have a combi boiler and it is about 5 years old.

I know the flow of water is ok, as the waterboard have confirmed it is. I normally notice the problem more in the morning. I dont have showers in the evenings, but I think when I have, then it also happens then.

I know the diverter valve is ok as that was changed recently as were the temp sensor kit andthermostat overheat . Any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi Plumb - Any ideas on my problem please?
    All that glisters is not gold, except moneysavingexpert.com
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    plumb1 wrote:
    How old is the cistern/wc,is it a wash-down or syphonic?

I'm guessing its approximately 15 year old and, having checked out the two types on the net (told you I had no plumbing knowledge :D), its a wash-down type.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure