SMETS 1 Meters - No More

Options
1234568»

Comments

• misterbarlow
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    My doubt doesn't revolve around your occupation but around your statement about smart meters. However you have still not answered my question, "Which of the big six?"

Personally I think that whichever of the big six this is referring to can look forward to a hefty fine in due course, certainly by 2020 if they continue to refuse to fit smart meters!

My statement comes from my working in the industry and speaking to colleagues on a daily basis who actually fit smart meters!
    Like I said I don't fit them myself I fit old dumb meters still, but I take out dozens of them every week from various suppliers, that have either failed in situ or from people who just don't want them!!

I dare say they may get a fine.
    They are not "refusing" to install them though, they are "aborting" hundreds of Smets2 installations daily on site or changing them to Smets1 installs, as they are simply failing to commission due to various comms issues!

Every day we get texts with the volumes from the day before, and every day its short, by hundreds and hundreds... ie
    "Yesterday we installed 908 meters against the target of 1432"
    "Yesterday we installed 1345 meters against the target of 1556"
    Just over the last month alone they must be 1000's in arrears of the target!
    I assume the "target" is the minimum to not get fined?
    On the text I had today the "target" is at 30,604!
    Not told in the texts when they have to hit it by??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure