NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober

edited 1 October 2018 at 3:45PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
546 replies 37.5K views

Replies

• greentgreent Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 - good news re job extension - hopefully it will pick up busy-ness wise!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2021 £426.84/ £500 Decluttering 2021: 1100/1250
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greent wrote: »
    Is your acronym in relation to the in-laws, foxholes?!? :eek: :D x

Well spotted greent!
    NST sept; NSD 19; Ex 11

Mortgage £300 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
    12.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Not much going on here. All budgets looking good but it's early days yet. My temporary job has been extended till the middle of November so whilst it is slow going it is easy money.

Great news!:T Are you still fitting in all the exercise you do?
    NST sept; NSD 19; Ex 11

Mortgage £300 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :coffee:
    Not much change to report here. Finances still dire. Still tired. Still more busy than I can manage at work. Still waiting for my divorce to come through.
    However, I have a second nsd to report.
    Repaired the zip on ds school bag thanks to a clip on youtube - saving me from buying a new one.
    And I am very grateful that my minor meltdown over money last night finally seems to have gotten through to ds, and he's been lovely ever since. Still not sure what is happening money wise (need divorce and settlement sorted first) but at least he's not asking for something all of the time.
  • Kerry_WomanKerry_Woman Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 - Great news about your job.
    ccl - Take good care of yourself. Sending hugs.
    Challenge – Do more self-care. Still doing my 365 days of self care journal and 365 tiny love challenges. The journal covers how many hours sleep I got and how much water I drink.
    Organise. This I must to. Have been tempted to buy things unnecessary. Regular budget Budget done.
    No Spend Days NSD today 2/20.
    Exercise Did 2 laps of my usual route around the park.
    Christmas This is already sorted. Have put money into a savings account each month for the year. Immediate family all get money. Christmas will be a difficult time for me so I will concentrate on self-care. Usually I spend time around my sister’s. Will have to wait to see what the plans are for this year.
    Banned - Was fine today.
    Extra Income Will be doing surveys when possible.
    Report - Reporting in.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2021
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST October 2021: Fit for Purpose NSD /20
    12.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I am grateful for getting plenty of walking done, for a lovely pupil at a sch we visited remembering dd, for bumping into a friend at the bus stop, for veggies, for sorting out some paperwork that was quite frankly getting ideas above its station and trying to overwhelm me, for dh helping me by sorting out a pickle re an evening I have to do at work, for my bunny clothing efforts, for the speed of emails, for being able to book accommodation when I wanted tofor my next visit to mum, for my nose being less bruised and sore.
    NST sept; NSD 19; Ex 11

• plumduff55plumduff55 Forumite
    591 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭
    I did spend some money today but not a lot :rotfl:

I was in Asda buying peppers and decided to stock up the medicine cabinet for winter so I bought cold & flu tabs and also sinus tabs. Luckily the sinus tabs did not contain paracetamol so could buy them along with cold tabs. Last winter I had really bad flu after Christmas that floored me for a full month so I'm going to pay for the flu jab this year.

The car boot was full of clothing etc for the charity shop and is still full :( Health and Safety had visited the charity shop in the morning and they're not allowed to take any more donations till at least next week :eek: There must be a lot of people organising and decluttering at the moment.

Went for my usual Tuesday afternoon walk. What a lovely afternoon - bright, sunny and breezy and a great blether with my friend. Bliss xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slow day. Went to mum's early to house sit (waiting for pill delivery). Lots of sewing done (using up sequins and silver beads), more stars cut out (requested last week). Should be more than enough for all the family boxes and hopefully a few for me to give to people.

Did some gardening (moved plants mum had 'thrown out' back into their pots and moved strands of strawberry runners across to the new bed I put together a while back. Didn't get a lift home, stayed a while longer (started new jigsaw), waited ages for my taxi but managed to help the lady across the road with her home delivery.

Bins out at mum's and at home. Very tired but want to do more sewing and to cut out flowers, hearts, holly leaves and scottie dogs (+ anything else that I think of) from the felt scraps. Would like a bath but may leave it until morning now. Must try to squeeze in a food delivery (have some money off vouchers and mum has given me a cleaning/ home baking/ etc shopping list).

Not spent any money today.

I am grateful for lovely weather, the company of a small boy (even if it did mean watching Hamish McBeth around the edges of a boy's head) and progress with sewing (feel more sorted, would like to be even more sorted).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstaramisstara Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Challenge - stop unhealthy snacks
    Organise - meal plan done
    Budgets - all set
    NSDs - aiming for 15
    Improvise - will do
    Exercise - really struggling with motivation with this at the moment but will try
    Christmas - I put aside money each month for this, will start looking for prezzie ideas
    Banned - none planned
    Extra income - will pick up some shifts at 2nd job and do surveys
    Report - will try my best

1/15 NSDs today :D
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £0
    Debt Feb 2020: Credit card - £607.09. Now £0
    Car - £4992.88. Now £2643.76 (47% paid)
    Emergency fund - £1000/£1000. Car fund - £1000/£1000.
    Flat deposit - £850/£15000 (5.7% saved).
  • WelshKitty85WelshKitty85 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    NSD 2 today and feeling very proud of myself for talking DH out of going to buy bread AND a chippy tea! He wanted to celebrate some extra work he's been given, but made do with my spag Bol instead.

Took lunch and breakfast to work and resisted the call of the biscuit tin. As for taking better care of my skin, I've remembered to remove my make up before bed and apply some moisturiser.
    Enough is enough...
    £29,603 (22/7/18) £19,139.94
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals