Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,958 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    How's your knee/leg bubbs - have you seen the Doc yet?

Killing along with my arm now:rotfl::rotfl:(that's lifting heavy boxes:o )See the consultant on Sat :j:j:j
    Thanks for asking x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    :T well done midge.

It's very commonplace at group to have people returning having gained Stoke. The same thing happens on here too. Sometimes they're former target members but often they're people who gave up for a while. I admire people who get back to it as soon as they realise they've put on a few pounds. Until I joined SW I'd never really thought about people having a poor relationship with food until I met some of them. In my own case it was a change of lifestyle that did it. Although there are many factors, I can't help thinking that the obesity crisis we have could be down to people feeling miserable and stressed and comfort eating.

Not sure if you're a vegetarian sunflower (apologies if I've asked you this before:o) but your menu looks like one of the old Green Days so you could have an extra HEA and HEB if you wanted.:)

I'm staying on plan 100% today and tomorrow with minimal syns. Wednesday to Friday lunchtime I'll be in a hotel with all meals provided. Breakfasts should be fine but not sure about other meals. It's lunches I worry about as it could be just sandwiches. Then there'll be wine with dinner.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB overnight oats with red berries and banana, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold chicken, pickled cabbage, LO veg fried
    D: veggie chilli with rice and cottage cheese
    Syns: none!

I'm a pescatarian, have heard of red and green days, never done them, but do like the idea of extra food :rotfl:
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Weigh in tonight. Almost 100% that I won't be getting target tonight unfortunately. I weighed myself this morning and I already weigh too much, so unless I have a miraculous drop in weight today it'll be either a maintain or a slight gain..... I think my drop last week was probably a bit unrealistic and I've kind of paid the price for that as well.

Still, on the positive side, I've started this week really well and aim to keep this up until next week. I have to accept that last week, I played far too fast and loose (pub meal before the tuesday stoke game, a few biscuits thursday, curry saturday) and have paid the price.

I would like to ask my consultant about the 'Danish Loafs' in ALDI. I've never seen them before, so they either sell like hotcakes or are a new thing but they are sometimes called Franskbrod and are essentially very low calorie white bread. In fact, they were lower calories (51) than the equivalent brown bread (56). I know we don't work on calories, but obviously normal white bread is about twice the number of calories as brown bread and only equally filling, so there's clear logic as to why they're syn'd. With this being similar calories, is it possible to have it on a HEX B? Only one way to find out :)
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All
    Unfortunately have been off work sick with dreaded bug, came home from work on sat feeling unwell and sure enough have caught dd's vomiting bug, promptly passed it on to dh who is also out sick now :(
    Only ds has escaped thus far and I hope it stays that way.
    All I've eaten is a couple of bits of toast since which is all I've wanted, not on plan but back into work tomorrow and back on it.
    I did weigh this morning with a loss of -4lb, however I suspect that most of that will creep back on next week, still it looked nice on the scale at the time!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    I did weigh this morning with a loss of -4lb, however I suspect that most of that will creep back on next week, still it looked nice on the scale at the time!

Sorry to hear you've been poorly sirens but well done on the silver lining!:T Some might be dehydration but think positive.:)

That bread sounds a bit like WW Danish Stoke. When I started you could have 3 slices of that for a HEB so I used to have one of toast at breakfast and keep 2 for a lunchtime sandwich. I used to toast the bread for the sandwich to toughen it up as it's incredibly light with no 'chew' to it at all. Now it's gone down to 2 slices for a HEB which is the same as wholemeal (Burgen Soya and Linseed is my favourite) so I don't bother. It'll be interesting to know what the consultant says.

If you are having a veggie day sirens, the extra HEXs are useful especially for cheese or bread. If you have fish then you could still have an extra HEA ( certain amount fish counts as a HEB). I know not everyone approves of going back to the old plans but they do work. denise does them regularly and after yesterday's environment report I think many of us will be having Meat Free Monday or other ways of cutting back on meat. Let me know if you'd like to hear about Green Plan as I've got an ancient book with it in.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk half banana
    L: JP with cottage cheese, spring onion and pickled cabbage
    D: fish (must get some out of freezer PDQ), SW chips, stir fry bits (cabbage, mange tout, peppers, spring onion and anything else I can find in fridge!)
    Syns: 6 for extra porage and brown sugar:o
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Have been so busy the last couple of weeks that I haven't been on to update. A STS and an expected (party week) 2lb gain. Back on plan this week though so hope to be rid of the gain and drop 1lb more.

I think my biggest problem is staying focused and finding the time to plan around everything else.

Will keep trying though.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,591 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Weigh in tonight. Almost 100% that I won't be getting target tonight unfortunately. I weighed myself this morning and I already weigh too much, so unless I have a miraculous drop in weight today it'll be either a maintain or a slight gain..... I think my drop last week was probably a bit unrealistic and I've kind of paid the price for that as well.

Still, on the positive side, I've started this week really well and aim to keep this up until next week. I have to accept that last week, I played far too fast and loose (pub meal before the tuesday stoke game, a few biscuits thursday, curry saturday) and have paid the price.

I would like to ask my consultant about the 'Danish Loafs' in ALDI. I've never seen them before, so they either sell like hotcakes or are a new thing but they are sometimes called Franskbrod and are essentially very low calorie white bread. In fact, they were lower calories (51) than the equivalent brown bread (56). I know we don't work on calories, but obviously normal white bread is about twice the number of calories as brown bread and only equally filling, so there's clear logic as to why they're syn'd. With this being similar calories, is it possible to have it on a HEX B? Only one way to find out :)

Have to disagree with you about white and wholemeal bread being equally filling! Wholemeal is definitely more filling. On the odd occasion when I've had white bread instead of wholemeal I'm ready for my next meal much earlier than usual! But it will be interesting to see what your consultant says.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good Sirens; hope you feel better quickly.

Been shopping this morning and stocked up with some Speed fruit & veg. Looking forward to having more veg as didn't have much whilst away.

Having a Green day today (was going to be an SP day but decided I wanted two As today as well as two Bs:T

B - Scrambled eggs & spinach on toast, added a bit of nutmeg to the spinach and it really enhanced it
    L - Cheese salad
    D - Bean cassoulet from the website followed by strawberries, quark & mini meringue

HEA1 - 30g emmantal
    HEA2 - 350ml skimmed milk
    HEB1 - 2 slices of wholemeal bread
    HEB2 - Hifi or Alpen Lights

Syns - red win in cassoulet 1.5; mini meringue 1

Have already gone over syns for the week so trying to keep it low today & tomorrow! Still expecting a gain but I've had a good holiday and am now back on it 100%.

Denise
  • maman
    Options
    I think my biggest problem is staying focused and finding the time to plan around everything else.

Will keep trying though.
    Good for you!

Planning is second nature to me from before SW. When I worked full time, I always found it easier to spend a few minutes writing down the 7 dinners or fewer I'd need for the week and making sure I had plenty of ingredients for breakfasts etc. Then I could just whizz round the SM after work on Friday and just buy what I needed. So much quicker than having to think and shop!:D
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Have to disagree with you about white and wholemeal bread being equally filling! Wholemeal is definitely more filling. On the odd occasion when I've had white bread instead of wholemeal I'm ready for my next meal much earlier than usual! But it will be interesting to see what your consultant says.
    Really? Hmm, I'll find out tonight anyway :)
  • maman
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Really? Hmm, I'll find out tonight anyway :)

I was talking about white Danish bread. That's not filling if it's like the WW Danish.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure