• Sunflower1227
    Sunflower1227 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

Well done Stoke on SOTW :j

Thanks Chris for the chart :T

Meals for today

B - Over night oats with quark, strawberries and blueberries
    L - Left over pasta in a homemade tomato/veg cheesey sauce and an egg salad with fruit afterwards
    D - Homemade mushroom risotto

HEX A - Cheese
    HEX B - Oats

30 minutes off body magic

Have a great day everyone ::)
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, Thanks for the chart Chris and well done Stoke on SOTW :)
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Oh my, Stoke, that was an awful thing for anyone to do, never mind a SW consultant. Another good result for your team, I see.
    Getting a win away from home is a foreign concept for us, so it's rather nice to see.... despite being rare :D
    I didn't know anything about this until my consultant mentioned it this morning in class.

I'm so glad that SW have dealt with the situation promptly but, from what my consultant said this morning, I did wonder whether the member concerned is going to 'milk' the situation. I hope I'm wrong & yes that no excuses the way the former consultant acted.

Not sure. It doesn't seem like she's overly milked it. It appears that things were said afterwards which prompted her to put screenshots of the text messages on Instacrap, these were then picked up by The Sun.
    maman wrote: »
    Awful behaviour by that consultant Stoke but I do wonder why the Miss Slinky put on 3 stone?? One of consultants I go to won a national award for losing masses, was on breakfast TV etc and she's gained loads too. I was posting earlier about people who see SW as a diet and go at it 100% then revert to 'normal' eating. That's a possible reason but, sadly, some people have a poor relationship with food. Comfort eating is a possibility and maybe they've had some emotional issues. It's very sad.

It's a valid question. In my time doing SW, a lot of people have 'returned' to group having gained weight. Most of them haven't returned to their original weight, rather they've gained half a stone or something.... I wonder why that is though? Image therapy is useful, but I don't believe people stop going to Image therapy then instantly forget how to follow plan.

Obviously once you reach target, you unlock a few more syns, hex's in your life because instead of requiring a deficit, you just need to maintain week on week. I wonder if people take that too far? I do often hear people in group say "when i reach target, i'm going to have a massive takeaway to celebrate". That's great, and by all means, they should have a takeaway to celebrate, but i sometimes wonder if they're forgetting what SW is all about. When I reach target (which could be tomorrow, but probably won't be), I will be going home to an empty house.... To me, a takeaway is now a bit of a treat I have with family or friends or if I'm very very drunk on a night out :D I won't be rewarding my progress on SW with a takeaway, unless my family surprise me and visit.... they won't (not that they wouldn't, they're just busy lol)... so :D Have the takeaway.... just make sure it's only the one, I guess. We'll see when I get there how much I follow my own advice. It's sometimes easier to give advice than follow it right?

Everyone's relationship with food is different and I will admit, I had a terrible relationship with food, but I'm hoping what I've learnt from SW will help me adjust and improve that relationship.
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Hi. I didn't weigh in on Friday but I've been to a class this morning and weighed in with -1 1/2LB
    Absolutely thrilled with that.
    Obviously I can't weig in again this week so it will be a week on Friday before I have another result to post.

5 more weeks to my AI trip to Tenerife so I'm really concentrating on the plan and keeping within my syns.
    So far today, I've had a banana and I think I'll have a bacon medallion sandwich for lunch.tea is an unknown untill I get back from shopping.
    Have a great day x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T well done midge.

It's very commonplace at group to have people returning having gained Stoke. The same thing happens on here too. Sometimes they're former target members but often they're people who gave up for a while. I admire people who get back to it as soon as they realise they've put on a few pounds. Until I joined SW I'd never really thought about people having a poor relationship with food until I met some of them. In my own case it was a change of lifestyle that did it. Although there are many factors, I can't help thinking that the obesity crisis we have could be down to people feeling miserable and stressed and comfort eating.

Meals for today

B - Over night oats with quark, strawberries and blueberries
    L - Left over pasta in a homemade tomato/veg cheesey sauce and an egg salad with fruit afterwards
    D - Homemade mushroom risotto

HEX A - Cheese
    HEX B - Oats

Not sure if you're a vegetarian sunflower (apologies if I've asked you this before:o) but your menu looks like one of the old Green Days so you could have an extra HEA and HEB if you wanted.:)

I'm staying on plan 100% today and tomorrow with minimal syns. Wednesday to Friday lunchtime I'll be in a hotel with all meals provided. Breakfasts should be fine but not sure about other meals. It's lunches I worry about as it could be just sandwiches. Then there'll be wine with dinner.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB overnight oats with red berries and banana, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold chicken, pickled cabbage, LO veg fried
    D: veggie chilli with rice and cottage cheese
    Syns: none!
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on keeping the chart up to date ChrisV and congrats to Stoke - fingers crossed for this week. Some other great losses there too. Kathryn if you're reading hope things are OK with you and yours. TIE, I'm glad things have come to a head at work and that you have confidence in the support you've been offered. I once saw a definition of stress as 'all the responsibility and none of the control' which does seem to describe your work situation, as it did mine. I have no regrets leaving all that behind!

I'm afraid I've taken my eye off the ball these last few days - OH hasn't been well and his appetite has been very hit and miss, so meal planning went out of the window! This week I've done a meal plan and shopped for it this morning - if he doesn't want it, he's capable of making himself something and any left overs can be frozen/eaten for lunch. I sound a very unsympathetic nurse don't I:rotfl: but it has to be said he is the worlds most awkward patient!

Iceland have opened an enormous food store near me and I went for a nosy at the weekend. I'm not a fan of the SW ready meals, but the range seems to be much bigger than it was last time I was in there. They also had little notes on the price labels such as SW free food, probably very helpful for some. My old consultant was outside the store drumming up custom for SW. It amused me to peek in others trolleys - very easy to tell who was doing SW!

Have a good week, all.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Home from holiday - got home a couple of hours ago and had a brainwave! Change of plan - I'm having a Red day so today's plan:

B - toast & butter (HEB1 + 2)
    L - smoked salmon sandwich (HEB2 + 2)
    D - duck breast; roasted butternut squash; roasted onion & garlic; cabbage; green beans (I'll still do DH some roast potatoes as he'll moan if I don't!)

HEA1 - milk
    HEA2 - not sure but may have a milky coffee this evening if I fancy it
    HEB1 - bread
    HEB2 - bread
    Syns - butter 4

Denise
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Well done tweets . You MUFC fans get all the luck! :D

We weren't as bad as the score suggests. Probably a more interesting game than the boring match going on now.

I did some JPs in the oven with the casserole and one of them exploded!:eek: I ate what was left with my soup for lunch. It was lovely and crispy.

We needed the luck after the bad luck we have had :D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done to all the losers:T:T:T:T
    Well done stoke on SOTW:j:j
    Thanks Chris for the chart as always x
    Sorry no food pics lately and not about much but we are moving and its chaos:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How's your knee/leg bubbs - have you seen the Doc yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure