PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 3rd September 2018

Options

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The way things are going I will be doing Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays jobs on Wednesday! Although I managed to tidy part of my under stairs cupboard last night even though I didn’t get in until after half eight. :money::beer::D
    The washing machine is on, the tumbler has been on and my dishes are washed, keeping on top of things so far!! :j
    Even put the dried washing away this morning although I cheated and used a top, socks and knickers to put on this morning lol! :rotfl:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. My list for today, in no particular order:

Hair wash/shower
    WUDUPA
    Bleach sinks
    Water garden
    Other gardening
    Hoover through/maybe mop too
    Ironing
    Dust dusty bits in LR
    Wait for parcel delivery
    Lots of paperwork

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

F!licitations à Mademoiselle et Monsieur pour votre anniversaire :T

Damp and drizzly here so the TD will be doing extra duties. Load 3 of at least 7 (11 days since I last did any) is already in WM, one currently in TD, one FUPA with only one shirt to iron :D
    klew356 wrote: »
    Even put the dried washing away this morning although I cheated and used a top, socks and knickers to put on this morning lol! :rotfl:
    This is not cheating, it's conserving energy (yours!). I do it all the time.

In the wee small hours of the night I discovered why my bank account is so much poorer than I had expected: the payment for the cottage came off my account rather than DH's. So why is he saying he is poor too? :eek:

I have plans for today:
    - SW :o
    - CS run
    - post DD's present
    - get a card for a one-year-old (well, really for her parents!)
    - do a few odd bits of food shopping
    - make various phonecalls which will clarify what else needs doing this week
    - send various now-urgent emails that couldn't be sent in the last 11 days because of useless wifi :mad: - my on big gripe about the cottage. It's all very well saying "You can come over to the house and log on easily, or sit outside the cottage" but I had a lot to do on my laptopand (a) don't want to be constantly interrupted by well-meaning but unnecessary questions like "Have you got everything you need?" ("For the umpteenth time, yes - apart from wi-fi") or sit out within a few yards of a busy road, especially as the evenings got noticeably cooler as the sun set earlier.
    - book a celebration lunch
    - cross everything I've achieved off my to-do list and, if time, do some more

Catch up later - hope everyone has a productive day x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back, Iona! Busy as ever, then....?!

((Hugs)) to dancemum and Jojo.

Rather than post earlier, I thought that I had better get on with a couple of jobs. So....DW emptied, washed towels hanging on the line (with one eye on the grey sky), a small ironing hill flattened, and a pan of piccalilli simmering on the hob, to deal with the veg crisis. Plum mountain is next on the list to tackle. Also today, I need to...
    - get DD out of bed to remind her that today is the last day of the holidays so she had better buck her waking up ideas up!
    - get to the allotment to dig the last potatoes and pick the remaining plums.
    - go to the shop to order bread for DH's big birthday celebration.
    - actually think about what else I should be planning for said celebration :eek:, as I guess people will want more than bread.
    - oh and look at the listy.

I'll be back....
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all! Took S into secondary school today; looks so grown up in his blazer etc and reported to me that he is more excited than nervous so that's a good sign. Mustn't forget to pick him up later!

Done some paid stuff then put load in DW and WM and sorted out a few things. Made a cuppa and about to start next lot of paid stuff.

Bit of a dilemma here as can feel MH slipping back to how it was BUT just coped with the 2 kids for 6 weeks pretty much on my own apart from when I went to parents so unsure whether to up drugs or just see how I am for a few more days and see if I pick back up again. Autumn is never a good time for me as is winter but I thought I'd kicked this. Feeling quite sad actually and not sleeping :(

Right, best get on and my reward for this is to take Whiz for a walk cos he ALWAYS makes me feel better.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    Options
    This morning's trip to the allotment was lucrative - potatoes dug for storing, and picked sweetcorn, fennel, beans, raspberries and the final bag of plums. Oh and a bunch of dahlias, which are part of my No Spend campaign - growing flowers for a vase a week at home, rather than buying them. When I don't have anything to pick, I move one of the dreaded orchids around the house - no I still haven't quite got round to putting them outside to kill them. Yet!

When I got back, DD had made blueberry pancakes, which were fab.

DD and I spent an hour doing some list driven shopping, then it was back home to tidy up the kitchen and the f&v stash. I've just cooked a large bowl of plums which will do for lunches with natural yogurt for a few days.

3rd load of washing on the line, but apart from that, very little from the lists has been achieved. Again.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    INSET Day #2 completed.

And, amazingly enough, I was left alone to sort things out and get stuff done how I wanted. Which was almost blissful. Still have some IT related headaches to deal with, together with getting the place looking all shiny shiny and ready for the first lesson tomorrow (which, thankfully, isn't until the afternoon), but it was nice not being checked up on or given fifty impossible things to do by last Thursday.

Felines fed as soon as I came in through the door and clean furry throw chucked back over the settee. Idiot Cat is now happily making it less clean and more furry. I'll pick up and put the cushions back on in a minute when the kettle boils.

Got to feed myself, clean up afterwards, get proper clothes ready for the morning and then veg out in the bath, but I think it's all doable.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi

Not too sure where I am today, coming and goings, but all daily stuff done

Good luck to flykids in new schools / classes etc
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Just a quick check in to say I hope everyone has had a good day. Will be back in properly from tomorrow evening onwards; need to be out the door for 7am tomorrow with kiddies in tow.

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    So how did I do?
    [STRIKE]- SW [/STRIKE] - still within my target range (just!)
    [STRIKE]- CS run
    - post DD's present
    - get a card for a one-year-old (well, really for her parents!)
    - do a few odd bits of food shopping[/STRIKE]
    - make various phonecalls which will clarify what else needs doing this week
    - send various now-urgent emails that couldn't be sent in the last 11 days because of useless wifi
    [STRIKE]- book a celebration lunch[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]- cross everything I've achieved off my to-do list[/STRIKE] and, if time, do some more - I have the time but not the inclination :(
    Also took Rosie for an hour's walk :D

Getting there, so I am going to watch GBBO and give Rosie some fuss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure