Danske Bank Reward Current Account

edited 31 August 2018 at 1:39PM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
84 replies 13.9K views
2456789

Replies

  • Hattie625Hattie625 Forumite
    972 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite a slow process after receiving the bumff referred to. I sent the signature form back around 20th August. Debit card and PIN came through week beginning 27 August but only this week passed did I get everything required to log on and see the account. I transferred £1210 in on Thursday (6th Sept) and have successfully transferred £1200 out again, leaving £10 in the account as a fees buffer. No fee taken yet. I should get £7 reward in October,, with £2 fee taken, but don't know exactly when. Will post update as things progress.
  • Hattie625Hattie625 Forumite
    972 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    PS to above. The online banking is quite strange looking, not like anything I've seen before, but easy enough to get round if you keep cool. As part of the log in process you get a plastic card with numbers on it with codes beside each number. After user ID and passcode, you are given a number and have to enter the.numericsl code shown against that number on your plastic card. Bit strange.
  • edited 8 September 2018 at 11:37PM
    darren72darren72 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 8 September 2018 at 11:37PM
    This sounds good to me. I might give them a call on Monday.

    Just noticed they have online applications but after clicking 'Apply Online' I just get a blank page - Does anyone else get this ?
  • Hattie625Hattie625 Forumite
    972 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    You can only apply online if you have a N Ireland address. The rest of UK has to phone. You phone up and agree a time for someone to call you back to go through it. If they can't identify you electronically you have to travel to NI with your docs.
  • Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zanderman wrote: »
    If that's all there is to it I might open one too. Halifax's £2 offering is fairly rubbish in comparison.
    I abandoned Halifax last month as I couldn't be bothered with the £750 monthly pay-in any more for just £2. (I know- I'm super lazy).

    I'll keep updating this thread, charting my progress through the application process. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

    I love my job

    :smiley:
  • reub075reub075 Forumite
    22 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Hattie625 wrote: »
    It's quite a slow process after receiving the bumff referred to. I sent the signature form back around 20th August. Debit card and PIN came through week beginning 27 August but only this week passed did I get everything required to log on and see the account. I transferred £1210 in on Thursday (6th Sept) and have successfully transferred £1200 out again, leaving £10 in the account as a fees buffer. No fee taken yet. I should get £7 reward in October,, with £2 fee taken, but don't know exactly when. Will post update as things progress.


    I had my telephone appointment/interview with Danske Bank last Wednesday, 5th September.
    The Customer Services Rep explained that if I met the Cash Reward account criteria of:
    * logging in to internet / mobile banking
    * deposited £1200 per month


    then:
    * the £2 account fee would be deducted on the last working day of the month
    * the £7 reward would be paid in to the account on the first working day of the next month.


    If the account holder does not meet the cash reward criteria in any given month:
    * the £2 account fee would still be deducted as normal
    * the £7 reward would not be paid


    I am waiting for my seemingly substantial paperwork to arrive, read through, sign, and post back.
  • edited 27 September 2018 at 5:09PM
    Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 September 2018 at 5:09PM
    Okay, so today I finally received the last piece of paperwork to enable use of the eBanking and mobile banking services (part of the t&cs for the £7 reward).

    • It is the most longest, convoluted process out of all the banks I use.
    • You don't have an option to 'remember customerID' on the login page, which means I have to have the UserID letter available whenever I want to logon via PC.
    • Logon also requires having a security card (credit card size), that has 89 different combinations printed on it.
    • Each combination reveals a six digit security code which I need to input for login.
    • The credit card sized card with 89 combinations printed on it is so small that I need my reading glasses or am forced to squint!!


    What the hell were Danske thinking of when they designed their logon process? Not impressed :/
    This current account can't be recommended as a main account (personal opinion)...as too complicated for login...

    The security card (and 89 coded combinations) was also required on mobile banking when making my £1,200 faster payment out (requires £1,200 pay-in/month to satisfy reward terms). I'm hoping that it is only required for initial set up on mobile banking. Will report back next month... :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

    I love my job

    :smiley:
  • pafpcgpafpcg Forumite
    772 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    .
    • You don't have an option to 'remember customerID' on the login page, which means I have to have the UserID letter available whenever I want to logon via PC.
    The new system at Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank has this characteristic too! When I asked about this, their telephone support claimed it was a new legal requirement. My response was that since Lloyds, RBS, HSBC, Santander, Nationwide, etc, etc don't seem to be aware of this "legal requirement", maybe their IT department needs to either fix it or come up with a better excuse! On reflection since, I've only found the Bank of Ireland (Post Office) prevents my computer from displaying the user ID at login (though I don't know if Barclays also has this "feature"). But since you've found Danske Bank has it too, maybe there really is something in the pipeline from Europe.
    .
    • The credit card sized card with 89 combinations printed on it is so small that I need my reading glasses or am forced to squint!!
    Do you have access to a scanner? Scan the card, then print an enlarged image - it's what I use for the code matrix cards introduced by CoventryBS a few years ago (but only when making a withdrawal).
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pafpcg wrote: »
    The new system at Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank has this characteristic too! When I asked about this, their telephone support claimed it was a new legal requirement. My response was that since Lloyds, RBS, HSBC, Santander, Nationwide, etc, etc don't seem to be aware of this "legal requirement", maybe their IT department needs to either fix it or come up with a better excuse! On reflection since, I've only found the Bank of Ireland (Post Office) prevents my computer from displaying the user ID at login (though I don't know if Barclays also has this "feature"). But since you've found Danske Bank has it too, maybe there really is something in the pipeline from Europe.

    Do you have access to a scanner? Scan the card, then print an enlarged image - it's what I use for the code matrix cards introduced by CoventryBS a few years ago (but only when making a withdrawal).

    You can use either a username or customer number with the new CB/YB/B system which I find fairly painless.

    The matrix system is fairly common in Scandinavia, my mate has one on his both of his accounts there. Given that Danske is Danish and NI is a tiny market, I doubt it's worthwhile creating a separate system.
  • pafpcgpafpcg Forumite
    772 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    You can use either a username or customer number with the new CB/YB/B system .
    That's what I asked for when I rang - I was told usernames were available only for business account users.

    [Anyway, with the same 1.5% interest available from Marcus on up to the FSCS £85k limit, at least for the next 12 months, I've drained our Clydesdale Direct accounts.]

    PS: Apologies for diverting the discussion away from DanskeBank.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals