We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New plan...time to see some movement!

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I'd prioritise a good night's sleep over most things. I'd say focus on the mattress savings.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning lovely,

Glad you and hubs have made friends again and that things are back on track :)

Well done on the debt reduction, it all helps.

Hope that you are getting some good sleep now that you have changed the mattress over, I love my bed and love a good nights sleep.

Take care xx
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Glad you sorted things out with hubby xx

That's brilliant news about the £200 reduction in your debt every little helps xx

Thank you, it's nice, especially as they aren't really getting anything from me!
    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Jwil and have made up with DH.

A new mattress does sound like a top priority. We bought a new good quality mattress two years ago. It has a latex topper built in and is like sleeping on a cloud :). Before that DH and I used to have springs digging into our ribs and I used to lie on a slope all night, as DH is much heavier than me. I used to wake up with a backache every morning. With the new mattress I don't roll into DH and I wake up refreshed and with no aches and pains every morning. Worth every penny!

That mattress sounds great, can you remember what it is?
    I'd prioritise a good night's sleep over most things. I'd say focus on the mattress savings.

Thank you. Definitely it makes a big difference, so we will prioritise it.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    Morning lovely,

Glad you and hubs have made friends again and that things are back on track :)

Well done on the debt reduction, it all helps.

Hope that you are getting some good sleep now that you have changed the mattress over, I love my bed and love a good nights sleep.

Take care xx

Thank you. I love my bed too, and love sinking into it with a good book, so it would be nice to sort it out, especially now that the kids sleep better.
  • jwil
    Options
    I spoke too soon yesterday saying little miss was better. She was sick everywhere last night, so can't go to nursery today. DH has covered, but he is in such a grump about it. To be fair he has covered many of the sicknesses this year as sods law they've always fallen when I've got stuff on at work. I can understand his frustration too, as she is bouncing around like a loon this morning and seems absolutely fine!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aww bless her, always the same with kids. Look all grey and the next like butter wouldn't melt lol, glad she's feeling better.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 October 2018 at 6:42PM
    Options
    My mattress is a Sealy Posturepaedic Jubilee Latex. It is so comfortable that even two years on I think how glad I am that we spent the money on it.

https://shop.sealy.co.uk/sealy-jubilee-latex-mattress.html

This is the one we got. You can probably get it cheaper on a different website. We wanted latex as it's good for dust allergies and keeps you cool at night.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    I spoke too soon yesterday saying little miss was better. She was sick everywhere last night, so can't go to nursery today. DH has covered, but he is in such a grump about it. To be fair he has covered many of the sicknesses this year as sods law they've always fallen when I've got stuff on at work. I can understand his frustration too, as she is bouncing around like a loon this morning and seems absolutely fine!

Oh no poor little miss (and poor you). They always bounce around after being sick :rotfl:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • jwil
    Options
    Aww bless her, always the same with kids. Look all grey and the next like butter wouldn't melt lol, glad she's feeling better.

Thank you, she seems fine now!
    My mattress is a Sealy Posturepaedic Jubilee Latex. It is so comfortable that even two years on I think how glad I am that we spent the money on it.

https://shop.sealy.co.uk/sealy-jubilee-latex-mattress.html

This is the one we got. You can probably get it cheaper on a different website. We wanted latex as it's good for dust allergies and keeps you cool at night.

Thank you, that looks good. Our current one is Sealy though so we'll have to go in and try it somewhere to check it's not as firm! It's a better price than some we were looking at.
    Oh no poor little miss (and poor you). They always bounce around after being sick :rotfl:.

I'm glad she's feeling better, I'm not a good nurse! :rotfl:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Yes you'd better lie on a few mattresses and see if you find them comfortable. Different people have different requirements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport