We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New plan...time to see some movement!

Options

Comments

• gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    My DH used a SAD lamp one winter and it seemed to help him. Not used since because his problems have improved. All you need is the time to sit with it on.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I haven't tried it but it could be worth a go. Daylight bulbs to replace ordinary bulbs are meant to help too.

I don't like the darker evenings. As soon as it gets dusk I can feel my mood sinking a bit, as evenings are always the time I find myself thinking about my mum more :(.

I'm glad Little Miss is happy though.
    gemini12 wrote: »
    My DH used a SAD lamp one winter and it seemed to help him. Not used since because his problems have improved. All you need is the time to sit with it on.

Thank you both. I might look for daylight bulbs actually, DH always likes to have a big light on in the evening, so I could make use of that.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    I've paid the additional nursery session, but have had a few more meetings booked which I will need extras for. I'm starting to wonder if I should just put little miss in full time for a few months as I'd get a discount. I might look at the sums and see how it works out (and try and find out how many more meetings there are likely to be).
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Definitely worth doing the sums at the least!
    Sorry they didn't turn up. Whenever I buy on Facebook I just go and get it immediately. Never understand why people muck about. Give gumtree a go - it's free and it's collection only pretty much. You 've got nothing to lose :)
    Well done on the run! Great work. And get yourself the bulbs. You're worth it.
    Might illuminate the house better to get oh motivation to get clearing haha.
    Well I've got no kitchen. No sink. Nothing. It's put me in a totally foul mood. Keep going jwil xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Definitely worth doing the sums at the least!
    Sorry they didn't turn up. Whenever I buy on Facebook I just go and get it immediately. Never understand why people muck about. Give gumtree a go - it's free and it's collection only pretty much. You 've got nothing to lose :)
    Well done on the run! Great work. And get yourself the bulbs. You're worth it.
    Might illuminate the house better to get oh motivation to get clearing haha.
    Well I've got no kitchen. No sink. Nothing. It's put me in a totally foul mood. Keep going jwil xxx

Thank you :)

Hope your kitchen gets better soon! I'd find that a struggle!.
  • jwil
    Options
    Everything is just a bit rubbish here at the moment :( I might have a break for a while. xx
  • ftbwannabe
    ftbwannabe Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that jwil, you'll be missed. But you do whatever you need to look after yourself. There'll be lots of us pleased to see you here when you want to post again. Hope things become non-rubbish really soon.
    Also, I don't know if the weather is as gloomy where you are as it is here today, but it's supposed to be a lovely sunny day tomorrow.
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    Options
    If that's what's going to help you in this part of the journey then you do what's best for you. We will miss you but more than anything I wish you strong mental health, strength to keep going against the debt and love for you and your children. Best wishes jwil xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • AdventureWanted
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having a rough time Jwil. I hope that things improve for you soon.x
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    Debt at highest - £43,148.59
    Current debt - £18,880.00
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
    PAYDBX 2021 - #29 Pd £2,355 / £8,000 PAYDBX 2020 - Pd £6,459.00 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon Jwil. Try the daylight bulbs and see if they help. We'll miss your posts but do what you need to do.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport