IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking Services - Flipped Ticket

Comments

• jam1991
    jam1991 Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is there a max number of hours you can claim under research, preparation and drafting of documents at £19 per hour? 3 hours is given amongst an example thread, but I've spent the best part of 5-6 hours.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have a look at the Costs Schedules linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    jam1991 wrote: »
    Is there a max number of hours you can claim under research, preparation and drafting of documents at £19 per hour? 3 hours is given amongst an example thread, but I've spent the best part of 5-6 hours.

try reading completed court cases with the title of a well know song by Queen

AOBTD

like this one https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5971000
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2019 at 3:23PM
    jam1991 wrote: »
    Read StubbornGoat's thread about his win today where I went along to lay rep.

He did a costs schedule for £1500 = loads of hours and printing, and we very, very nearly got it. Wholly unreasonable conduct (the key to getting high costs) was established and the extra costs were only turned down as the DJ felt the high costs schedule had somewhat ambushed the Claimant in the days before the hearing.

Court report to follow shortly on that thread.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2019 at 5:04PM
    Five to six hours seems perfectly reasonable to me. In fact I would say you have spent a lot more time than that, you have made a lot of posts on this thread alone.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 August 2019 at 12:16PM
    I can never understand why defendants fail to read other court case threads on here , especially recently completed court cases

they contain more info than you can shake a stick at and if I had a court case pending, I would be devouring each and every one and using the Queen reference to find them
  • jam1991
    Thank you all for your input regarding costs schedule.

Please could you provide feedback on the witness statement.
  • jam1991
    edited 14 August 2019 at 12:56AM
    Also with regards to the schedule of your costs, do I submit this to the court only? Or also send a copy to the claimant?

Thank you.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You must send the Claimant a copy of everything that you sent to the Court.
  • jam1991
    Thank you, getting very stressed and worried now. I have only just managed to produce the witness statement today, never mind any sort of skeleton argument.

Received a 40 page document from the claimant in the post today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure