NST - Achievable August

Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Spendy day yesterday as bought the remainder of a birthday present for Saturday and a few bits from H0me bargains. Also saw a reduced price baby present that I wanted for later in the year so bought that and put it away.

Did 4 hours temping work so thats another £50 earnt and last weeks pay is pending in my account :) I will divide that between social, savings and debt when it arrives :). better go do some more temping now!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 782 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All -

Now back from Sunny Italy - and straight back into work!!

Aim-Today is NSD #2- appreciate this is low but to be honest we have so much on that my main focus is keeping in our rather tight budget.

Update- Budget is £100 :eek: but I only have two weeks and 2 days to go until I get another £100 , cupboards full, fuel money is put to one side and I have extra money in savings for planned outings.

Get Prepared- Xmas is already budgeted for. Always trying to put money aside for up coming things, will keep at it.

Utilise- all activities planned for the summer :D Centre Parcs this weekend and I am planning to make the most out of the free activities there (swimming pool, kids disco). Also trying to stretch what we have available- left over sandwiches from my sons picnic today for lunch, cash back pay out of £2.50 paid into my account.

Share- leave things in your basket online to be sent a voucher code. Doesn't always work but company's know you are looking. I have been looking at Butlins break this last month and they have just sent me a £20 code- coincidence, I think not!!

Treat yourself- bought myself an Aldi Candle last night. for £3.99- Love candles - they are my luxury item as well as bubble bath!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Turtles

Went for a walk today and went to the shops but didn't buy anything. Himself wanted to buy some half price tomatoes but we honestly don't need them and there is no room in the freezer to make them into soup or sauce. So NSD No 6/15.

Otherwise nothing much to report. Himself is out tomorrow so I'm hoping to catch up then.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    No more NSD's to report yet. Yesterday I bought eyebrow makeup and a new extension lead that I've needed for ages.

Today I bought some gifts online for a friend who is getting married in a couple of weeks. I'm no good at knowing what to get people for weddings so hopefully have got something they actually needed... I also bought a gel cooling pad for my pets, I know it's due to get cooler but boy are they suffering in this heat.

Tomorrow is going to be a huge spend day - got the bill for my car and it's the best part of £400 :o I get it back tomorrow so will have to cough up. So frustrating as this will take my emergency fund back under £1,000, but on the other hand, I need to think of where I would've been a few years ago if this had happened, and I know I would've had to add it onto the credit card, so I just need to think positive!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Made a spinach and feta filo pie for dinner - spanokopitta (this may be spelled wrong :o) for dinner, using big bowl of HG spinach. We love this, hot or cold, even my determinedly carnivore husband is happy with a vegetarian option once or twice a week :)

Need to do something with some French beans (probably freeze) and windfall apples (thinking about drying, I have an ancient and cheap dehydrator).

Managed a NSD yesterday, but bought some picnic bits today as I have promised to take 4 year old GD for a picnic tomorrow :)
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    apple muncher - Thank you. Have started to work towards self care and also have booked an appointment to see my gp in a few weeks time. That is the only time I can get as he knows my issues and do not want to go to a different and explain everything.
    swimminginaseaofdebt - Thank you.

NSD 5/20
    Did go for a walk in the park this morning. Sorted some more of my Mum's things today and a few other household chores. Did some self care eg word search, mindfulness colouring and walking - had listened to my music.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • plumduff55
    plumduff55 Posts: 869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, sorry I've not been posting but I've had a family crisis and last thing I can think about is being frugal. Going to son's on Thursday for a week then 5 days after returning I'm going to Australia for a month. This is very unexpected and I only booked yesterday. I could never have afforded this if I hadn't been so frugal for so many years.
    Hopefully when I get back from Australia my life will settle back down to my quiet boring frugal existence. Hope to be back on board later in the year xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a post! Where did it go?

Anyway, I am on NSD number 5. Yesterday and today were small but worthy spends. I am selling off all our worldly possessions and making okay progress.
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

Day 7 progress is as follows:
    • Aim for 15 NSDS - 3/15
    • Update (budgets) - spends are at £119.33/£350. £4.04 added to the EF to date
    • Get prepared (for Xmas) - no progress
    • Utilise (free activities in your area) - one of the parks has an event on with free activities as part of the Glasgow 2018 European Championship. May pop along on Sat with the wee one weather permitting
    • Share (money saving tips) - take all you electronic devices to work so you can charge them at your employers expense thus saving you money on your own electricity bill :)
    • Treat (yourself) - bought my face masks. 2 were on sale so I got 3 for £2 :j
    • Read as many books as possible - 2 books finished
    • Batch cook for the little one - 4 portions of vegetable soup, 5 portions of sausage rolls, 4 portions of shepherds pie and 3 portions of cheesy tomato risotto cooked and frozen
    • Make £50 additional income - £14.01 made to date

Remained relatively calm again today.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Kerry Woman - Iam the same with my gp. If there are specific things that I want to talk to him about, then I am prepared to wait.

Plumduff - hope things go as well as they can for you with all the travelling - and the reason(s) for having to do it. Take care.

Today I am grateful for fresh raspberries, for getting the food shop done, for finding gf goodies at aldee, for my exam board marking payments being very nice indeed thank you, for clearing some stuff away, for bumping into one of dd's friends when out, for the lovely smell of rain on warm ground, for making bunny clothes with dd, for a good chat with big sis.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure