Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Options

Comments

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have a Henry and it is such a workhorse - indefatigable, robust, huge bag capacity and there's nothing it won't clear up. But as others have said, stairs are the issue and storage as the hose doesn't retract. Wouldn't be without it. Bought it 15 years ago and still going strong.
    We have had a dyson cordless in the same time - well we've had 4 as each one has developed the same clogging and/or recharging fault. So far it's been within warranty each time to get it replaced but if it goes again then I'm asking for a refund as whilst it's good when it works, I think its a little high maintenance.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks AC. Your choices of music made me smile. I played Stevie Wonder, Isn't she lovely and gave them a bit of fuss, although I seriously doubt they were listening in at that point as I think they'd have been discharged and felt too let down to have listened in again.

I've made some lovely friendships with people at work and it has been so hard to say goodbye at seeing them every day, as I've whined on hear about more than enough.

Almost a new week so onwards and upwards.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thanks Joey, I think I will go for the Henry, because nothing is going to be a perfect fit so if I have some struggles on the stairs but it's reliable and does a good job then it'll tick most boxes. Ironically it was the stairs issue that first got me wanting a cordless, but I'll make it work. Thanks again.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I've had a quiet weekend. One of my colleagues listened in to my show on Friday with his son, which was lovely as he was messaging me during the show approving of my song choices. Another friend has also been listening in too, which I really appreciate.

The rest of this weekend has been having another sort out. My washing machine arrives tomorrow so I wanted to get the old machine pulled out and cleaned behind. Eurgh!!! That wasn't pleasant. I still need to disconnect the water supply which I'm so nervous about doing. I don't think I have the tools but was told I had to have it disconnected before the new one arrives so I'll try tomorrow morning. The internal stopcock is in the same place in case of emergency (if I can turn it). I'm tempted to wait until the delivery arrives but worried they won't help me.

I've also given the house a good clean. Just the bathroom to do tomorrow as I want to give that a bit of a spring clean too. I may tackle the oven too to get that looking new again. I have the products here, it's just such a task! I'll feel happy once it's done though.

Is it really Sunday evening already? I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

MTxx
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Regarding the washing machine MT: there should be two taps on the wall. Turn those off, on your washing machine , undo the hoses. Should be able to turn by hand . When you get the new machine, don't forget to take the transit screw off before attaching the hoses to the taps . When you have reattached the hoses to your new machine , don't forget to turn the taps back on before you put new machine back against the wall . It used to be hot and cold taps , but only cold is used these days . You'll only need a strong Philips screwdriver . Long one if you have it .
    You've probably seen the you tube vids by now . Best of luck
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thanks AC. It all turned out well in the end and I really appreciated your advice.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    So the washing machine was delivered. I was expecting them early in the morning but their van broke down so didn't arrive until mid afternoon. Not ideal but the driver kept me updated so I was ok. I did manage to unhitch my whole machine with no flooding too :D So I have a shiny new machine now saving me trips to the launderette. Probably good timing too if we're going to get snow and another Beast from the East style winter.

Yesterday I went through YNAB to close down the month and had a little surplus so have put that across to next month in a bid to get myself a month ahead. Not much left on groceries for the next couple of days so I need to avoid all shops for the rest of the week! ;)

I saw my new part time salary today and feeling confident on that front again now. Although I've been on the same part time hours before, I now have a mission to get my house sorted asap, and worried I'd set myself back too far. I think I'll be fine.

We had a document last week saying that the new company will look at reshuffling the support teams in 3-6 months time though, so I won't be making any big expenditures before then. I'll just put as much as I can afford to aside for any eventuality.

I think that's enough for one day's update. I hope everyone's having a good week, so far.

MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Can it be true? Is payday really just one more sleep away?

I received my expenses for the Birmingham trip I made earlier in the month, which I'd almost forgotten about, so that was a boost to the account. I put that on the holiday budget and have booked the hire car for my holiday later in the year. I'll get half of that back again though.

I had a call yesterday from one of my friends I'm going on holiday with in a few weeks asking if we could maybe not go. Lots of valid reasons for this, so we discussed it all and decided that we'll make a definite decision on Friday or Monday. Based on finances, time off and dietary needs I'll be fine if we don't go, although with all the work stuff that has brought me down I could also do with a break so I've said that I will genuinely be fine with whatever option we go for.

One of my ex colleagues came in yesterday so we went for a coffee and just put the world to rights. I did feel better afterwards.

Today I'm working from home, and that feels good to just be away from it all and in the warm.

We're at the hump again, so a little dance is needed:
    h07086.gifh07086.gifh07086.gif
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Another Monday already! They come around so fast.

This weekend was slightly spendy but all in budget. Met my friend in London and bought us breakfast and she ended up buying drinks for the rest of the day. This works out well as I don't drink alcohol and she does. I also have one drink for at least 2, often 3 of her drinks. Yesterday I didn't feel great so stayed home and rested. Did that today also, as it's not a work day.

All will look different at work tomorrow as the new signage will be in place for the new company name.

I went to the last of my team's leaving drinks on Thursday. I didn't stay long, just enough to show my face and say my goodbyes. Embarrassingly I didn't buy anyone a drink either! Although only had 2 lemonades so hopefully didn't upset anyone.

Happy new week, and let's hope that it's not another snow alert one! We didn't have any snow this weekend other than a light dusting, so at least it didn't scupper any plans. Am hoping we won't have the same warnings this week.

MTxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Also hoping we dont have any more weather warnings. Sigh.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback