Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Hope you feel better MT . The snow is gone , the temperatures are up but rain is forecast on and off throughout the week . Depending on where we are of course:)

Colds/ flu seem to be doing the rounds at the moment . My friend in Southampton has been poorly and in bed for a few days . I've heard it mentioned on the radio also.
    Well it is Monday , so you can't really expect much . Sorry ..:rotfl:
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am feeling better, thanks AC. We've had rain forecast today too, although it's draining when you get extreme warnings and then nothing happens. I almost cancelled my Saturday plans because of the warnings and the day turned out to be glorious.

A friend of mine has a bad cold/flu too at the moment. Too many bugs floating around.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I updated YNAB last night and have had a look at every account I have today, just to be sure and all looks comfortable. Halifax decided that if you pay anything off a credit card during the month they'll still take the amount they would have done if you hadn't paid, so I need to wait for payment date to add a little extra. It's on 0% so it won't cost me more to wait.

The new company have taken over and we had a little goody bag when I arrived. A mug, a pen, notebook and a block that divides out to give lots of information. They also provide free breakfast, good coffee and fruit for their staff which has been added to us here too, so that's an excellent benefit.

I bought some lunch on my way in today and can't really decide if it's economical or not as the Meal Deals are such a good price. I do plan to cook more in the evenings so should just cook enough for 2 and have it for lunch then next day too.

I'm out tomorrow evening, hoping to see an Oscar nominated film. It's something I do with a friend every year, although we only generally get to see one or two films. I'd really like to see Can You Ever Forgive Me and Vice, but it depends what's on local to us and what times they're showing.

Happy Tuesday!

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hi MT,
    All sounding good. Breakfast, coffee and fruit are excellent perks.
    I like the idea of CYEFM.
    Do let us know what you think.
    Have a positive day.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of nice new perks :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    The perks are fantastic. Yesterday I didn't need to buy any food at all as it wa all supplied.

I'll definitely give a review on the film tonight too.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Last night I had a strange light bulb moment for myself. I have a high interest account that isn't anywhere near its limit and then a couple of accounts that have low interest with small amounts in. One is to create a DD in my halifax account so that I am still eligible for the reward and the other is where I move my interest and bank reward payments to. Over the years they've both grown to nice amounts, but aren't earning their keep.

This morning I moved them across to the high interest account to make them earn a bit more for me. I'm shocked that I didn't think of doing this before but at least I have now and all is right again!

Our holiday in Feb has definitely been cancelled now, so I've kept that money in a holiday pot for when I book my next trip away. I need to keep this pot topped up as holiday requests just appear from friends and I do generally want to go. While my job is uncertain I won't book anything else, but I should be able to find something quickly if I need to and it will be nice to have these pots accumulating.

That's it on the finances. It's good to see my YNAB looking green and healthy, although that doesn't generally extend to the full month! I'll do what I can to keep it comfortable this month!

We're at the hump again. I still can't find a good replacement for the dancing girls, so here's some dancing strawberries
    h07155.gif

I hope your day is less bleak and grey than it is here.

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well done on moving money for a better deal. It is easy to let these things continue unnoticed.

You have reminded me that I pay a smaller fee for my account if I have 2 standing orders going out. Just by making small shifts I can be £36 a year better off. It isn't much but it isn't nothing so I need to do this.

Bleak and grey indeed. So depressing as I am trying to lift myself from a meh space...

Have a good day
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think your strawberries are the result of a dalliance with some carrots :rotfl:

(How do you use non standard smilies?)

And nice money shuffling!
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• MuffinTops
    Options
    Ha ha. Thanks Lucifa73, I think you're right. I was swayed by how red they were!

It's a third party site. If you click on any non standard smilies you like they'll generally take you to the page they're from. I use yoursmiles.org for mine at the moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback