Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done on the oven.

A garage that is trusted is so valuable isn't it?

It sounds as at work you have the work/life balance that suits you. Well done for getting the deal that suits you best.

Happy Sunday
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks AC and DIA. YabbadabbaDoo! I think it's worth cycling around London, although my ride would currently be 17.5 miles, but with the new office it would be 22 miles each way. I've been asking about bike parks and showers so I'll see how it goes. I'm not fit enough at the moment, but that's something I'm working on.
    It is also lovely feeling I have that balance sorted out now. I just need to put the past behind me and move forward, which is happening more now. I'm looking forward to this fresh start.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you're feeling settled MT .
    Tbh , I think that using bicycles in the city is way too dangerous imho
    In the last year I was there , there were two deaths in not too much of a timeframe . The junction by bank station being exceptionally so.
    Then again , these cycle superhighways might work out if it's solely for them . Having said all that , the distance you have just mentioned is more Bradley Wiggins / Victoria Pendleton , who has turned to horse racing :D
    I'll leave it there :)...
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Wow!  Over a year since I've been on here!  Time for a major update.  I'll be getting YNAB back on track this weekend and will possibly start a new diary too - again!  But I do feel I need this back in my life as things have run away with me somewhat.  

• another_casualty
    Options
    Wow! You're back MT 😸
    I mentioned you in another diary the other day ( DIA ) . Missing the dancing emojis etc 
    Anyway , hope all is well with you and looking forward to catching up with what has been going on . 
    Have a good day, and enjoy the sunshine ☀️🌵🌵
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    another one glad of your return :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thank you both.  I was going to wait until I knew I was here to stay before adding a link to my old diary as I keep coming back and popping away again.
    I was thinking yesterday AC that I need to find somewhere for the dance emojis again because I miss them too. 
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I've had a look at YNAB today to try to figure out why I keep updating it and then not keeping it going.  Oddly it wasn't obvious to me until I started closing old accounts and budget items then I realised I have way too many categories of places I spend my money!  Things like "dining out" and "takeaway" and "day out" and "time with friends". What was I thinking?  So I've condensed it down to things that actually matter.  If I feel I need to know if my money has gone on a takeaway or a restaurant then I'll just add that to the memo section!  

I've just used up the last of my milk and so I'll pop to the local shop at lunchtime to grab another pint.  Let's see how disciplined I can be or if I buy things I don't need!

We finish early today for Easter weekend so I'll be spending my extra time with tea and diary catch ups.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    You're back again MT 😼..and lovely to hear from you again . 
    I see you have another diary also , so a bit confused.com .
    From what I remember you were about to go travelling and possibly cycling to work🚴🏼‍♂️
    Then I had a glimpse of your new diary . 
    A new life of sorts ? 
    Enjoy the Easter and hope everything goes according to plan 
    I'll leave it there for now ..🌤
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thanks AC.  So much changed and now I have set up a new diary which is here >>> https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6255373/my-5-year-plan-to-a-better-life-or-my-documented-midlife-crisis#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback