Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went through YNAB this morning and everything is looking healthy for the month. I'm about to book another holiday so the surplus for the month can go across to pay for that. I also think I over budgeted for things like diesel and my commute so I'm hoping there will be some left over there too. So any concern that my part time salary would leave me short has gone.

Yesterday I was in the office and Mr no date dinner ;) came over at lunchtime so had lunch with him again. My other ex colleague met me for breakfast too so quite a sociable day which was very needed.

I hope you all enjoyed any snow you had yesterday. I was hoping it would snow and settle overnight preventing me from coming into the office today, but no such luck. Having said that, there's only about 2 of us actually in the office from my department today as everyone else has emailed to say they're working at home now!

Time for a solo breakfast now, I think!

Happy Hump Day all
    h07147.gif

MTxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,329 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the finances & a lovely sociable day yesterday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Envious of the Cirque trip. Something I've always wanted to see.

I went from 5 days to 4 days and I barely noticed the salary reduction.

Sounds like you are having a good time socially :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thanks DIA. I was part time for a few years on the same hours, but just need that reassurance of a pay slip now.

Cirque was amazing. So much fun and so much talent. Some of the acts defy understanding of what they were able to do. :T
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I finally sorted a date out for my new washing machine to be delivered and installed! That will be on Monday. I'll be so happy when that's in and I can wash my clothes at home rather than a drive to the launderette.

I have some more vouchers to use so I've decided to get a good vacuum cleaner. I've been looking at the cordless ones and their reviews are so mixed that I'm not keen on ordering one. Mainly they say that they get blocked and clogged easily. So I'm looking at more trusted established cleaners, Henry being the winner so far.

I managed to avoid any spends yesterday, which is rare for me as I'll often pick up a few bits of fruit on my way home from work to have the following day. There were just 2 of us in the whole department so I wasn't shown any temptation to go for lunch in our canteen and I didn't want to leave the area completely empty either. So I've checked YNAB this morning and had nothing to add to it, which was really nice. It looks like my spending spree has wound down as there really is nothing I want and my grocery budget is looking comfortable.

I've arranged the drinks for our leavers this evening, so have mixed feelings about that, but it'll be nice to say a proper goodbye. I've also arranged a future lunch with the colleague I'm most upset is leaving, so that's a bonus. As I don't drink I'm hoping the evening won't be an expensive one either. We've got an area blocked off in a bar near the office so should be comfortable for everyone.

Happy Thursday! MTx
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Sounds like you're still having fun and getting on with things Mt .
    Interesting about the vacuum cleaner . I had a Henry for many years .
    Quite big iirc, and a pita when using stairs . As I have limited space now , I decided to get a dyson . Really good , but expensive as we know. The good : compact , and powerful . Great customer service.
    At Christmas time , the lid broke. I phoned up and got an immediate replacement free of charge . Two year guarantee . If I had to buy the replacement , it would be about £17, so not too costly to maintain.
    The bad: expensive . You have to keep your thumb on the button while using . Container gets full quickly .
    Seems like Henry if you have space . So many to choose from though:)
    Has the alarm been fixed ?

Enjoy the evening :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,329 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a shark cordless.
    Been great this far.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thanks AC. The stairs are the reason I'd like a cordless and you've given some good feedback on what you have, as has beanielou (thank you) so I'll have a rethink and do more research. I did like the sound of the dyson but holding the button in constantly would be a nuisance, I think. Back to the drawing board as it needs to be the right one as I'm done with small, cheap machines.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Yesterday was a pretty good day. Better than expected. I did end up spending more than I expected during the day, but didn't actually spend any money in the evening as I only had a soft drink. I even stayed late enough that I caught the last bus home from the station! That's not like me at all. It was a really fun evening though so I'm so glad I went. I needed that decompression too after the few weeks building up to it.

My favourite colleague brought his wife in and he introduced us again (I met her when he first joined 8 years ago) and she jokingly asked me if I was pleased to see the back of him and my eyes welled up again! I'm so embarrassed but she took it in the innocent way it was meant!

So I think I'm adapting now to losing the amount of lovely people in such a short space. Last night has helped.

Today I did have an interview for the new company but the person interviewing me is off sick so it's been rescheduled. I'm not sorry as I would have had to leave the evening earlier if I'd had to get up and preen myself today.

Other than doing my show later I have no plans. I need to come up with some music but I'm also going to get some requests from the wards too as I've missed speaking to the patients. I need to play a song that I choose which is suitable for the Maternity Ward but I'm not sure what to play yet so need some thoughts on that.

I hope everyone is enjoying this murky Friday! I've got a few hours to get some chores done at home, so am off to get those started now.

MTxx
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Glad the evening went well Mt . It does sound like you have some friends from that place. I foresee general gatherings and lots of stories in the future . Best of luck in the job hunt .
    Good that the radio is still going on . Music . Mmm.. not sure if the patients would like to hear 'help' , 'here I go again ' ,' don't let me down ' or 'cry me a river ' . Rage against the machine ? :)
    Or maybe some ambient sounds to keep them relaxed and sleepy:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback