Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Those 80's days you mentioned AC, were what I saw in the 90's. We all knew each other and could have a friendly chat and approach each other at social events. My role means I need to maintain that sort of level but it gets harder and harder as time goes on. I'm wondering what these changes will bring because, so far, it's bringing the worst out in people who feel they need to stamp on some to raise themselves higher.

I was part time a while back with exactly the same hours, and that worked out perfectly. I'm already loving it.

I'll pop across to your diary in a minute to read your updates.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Happy New Year MT!!

We need to keep up the positivity that we always start the New Year with and complete these goals now.

I can't believe how I let my dairy go last year, but with moving and everything else, I just fell off the wagon AGAIN!!

Good luck with everything this year :)

Tink xx

How did I miss a few messages on my diary? I'm sorry!

Yes, motivation is definitely the key. I think I try to be too perfect straight out the gate, and when I'm not I feel embarrassed and step away from everything. Got to keep getting up, brushing myself off and moving forward.

Good luck to you too. We'll get there if we keep getting back up again.

MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    edited 6 January 2019 at 10:44PM
    Options
    Happy New Year MT.
    Wishing you all the best with all your plans :)

Happy New Year to you too DIA. I'll be along to catch up on your plans shortly too.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    This weekend has been my first long part time hours weekend and I've really enjoyed it. At one point on Friday I had to laugh wondering how I'd coped working full time when I knew I had so much to do this weekend. But I'm just catching up on a few things so in a couple of weeks I should start to feel really productive again.

Friday I seemed to be rushing around all day. Hair, beauty and hospital radio. I feel a bit more comfortable with my shows again, but they're boring so I'm going to try to think of little fun things I can add to brighten it up for people listening in. We had one presenter who was so creative and had some hugely fun ideas and he's no longer there so I feel like the listeners don't have much to pull them in anymore. I tend to just waffle on about rubbish, as I do here! :D

Saturday was more relaxed and today has been pottering around the house trying to get stuff done, shopping and general chores. I have a pile of washing up waiting for me to get to so I'm procrastinating to avoid it for now! :o

While I was at work on Friday I was sent a list of jobs I could potentially apply for with the new company. One sounds almost perfect. The title is a junior (my title is currently senior), but it's the same grade as I'm on now and involves the same responsibility but comes with training to get the candidate on a set career path. We were told to speak to our own HR team before applying, but when I spoke to mine they weren't so helpful so I'll apply next week when I'm back in the office and see what they say. I'll only consider it if it includes my length of service, otherwise it's too high a risk for me. It's also full time, but I'm not ready to make any definitely decisions about the future yet, so I'll check it out and see what they say.

I'm hoping that next week at work will start to get a bit easier as I sat for 3 days last week with very little to do and it's mind numbing, especially as I work a 10 hour day, although end up there for 11 hours. At least next week I can go through my CV to match the role they're advertising.

Finances are pretty much on track. I've bought a couple of jumpers in the sales which weren't in budget so I'll have to tweak YNAB to get those payments covered. I also have to remember that I'll be getting less in my salary at the end of the month too, as I don't feel I've fully absorbed that!

I also managed to convince myself to eat foods I know don't work out well for me today which has backfired so I need to be more conscious of those decisions.

Lastly, one of the reasons I wanted my part time hours back is to start the lifestyle career I've mentioned in my diaries before (I've not given details yet as the whole thing makes me so nervous that I haven't put it in words). It makes me so nervous because it's something I really want to do. The worse that could happen is that I'm not good at it and nothing would be lost, but I'm still struggling with the confidence of just getting it done!

Time for some bravery and action!!!

MTxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive vibes for the application :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Positive vibes for the application :)

Thank you beanielou. You're always so good at posting encouragement to people.
  • LondonGirl252
    LondonGirl252 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello LG,

Lovely to see you on here again. We've missed you.

Do you think you'll return to the City or is life too good where you are? It's changing so much now, and not necessarily for the better.

The new company have to retain us for 6 months from the takeover date, so that keeps me safe until around August. I'm still trying to decide what to do, but will add more in my update.

I hope all is going well for you.

MTx

Thank you missed you too!

I think I'll be happiest where I am with city visits. I just need to move from this particular village as it's a little quiet for me, id like a high street in walking distance I think.

OK good, please you have some time to figure it all out!

Will continue reading now! x
    Santander 0% £1,529.94
    Sainsbury's 0% £4,371.31
    Total 0% £5,901.25
    AIM: Pay off debt & simultaneously save for deposit to buy a house by Oct 2020.
    Mar Challenge: Stay within groceries & eating out budget.
  • LondonGirl252
    LondonGirl252 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with the application!

For your radio show how about quiz questions? You can find some fun trivia, and the patients can think of the answer over a song or something then you can reveal?

The lifestyle career sounds very interesting! I think if you are passionate about it which you seem to be you can make anything work. Great things come when you're out of your comfort zone so have faith!

Hope work picks up for you, it is dreadful sitting with nothing to do! x
    Santander 0% £1,529.94
    Sainsbury's 0% £4,371.31
    Total 0% £5,901.25
    AIM: Pay off debt & simultaneously save for deposit to buy a house by Oct 2020.
    Mar Challenge: Stay within groceries & eating out budget.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Washing up finally done! How much drama for cleaning a few plates, pots and pans! While I was up I decided to go through my food cupboards and throw away all that was out of date or just unwanted and managed to find a lot of stuff so the normal bin and recycling bin have both been fed! Bin day tomorrow too, so that's a good start to the week. If I can I'll wander around the house and try to get more ready for next week as I'm out all of next weekend.

Feeling like I've been a bit productive now and not had a wasted weekend regarding getting things done indoors.

Happy fresh week to you all.

MTx
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Forgot that you were still keeping the hospital radio going MT:) . Great stuff
    It's funny regarding normal radio. I listen to Steve Allen on lbc. He waffles constantly , and goes off on various tangents . I love it when he talks about his experiences when shopping , or his day to day life in Twickenham where he lives .

I see you're looking at other possible job opportunities . Hopefully everything will fall into place when the time is right . I'm not sure what my next job will be . Possibly senior junior or something :)

How is the alarm system ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure