new phone recommendations

Options

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 November 2018 at 7:46PM
    Options
    Huawei y7 has only 16gb internal memory, you need at least 32GB to be up to date

as regards Alcatel.........terrible phone

• quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ballyblack wrote: »
    Huawei y7 has only 16gb internal memory, you need at least 32GB to be up to date

as regards Alcatel.........terrible phone

Thanks for this :T

Terry98 wrote: »

Thanks Terry

Looking through the 1st page and those phones & specs etc. ....

IF I stay with the ARGOS plan, then it appears to be the

SAMSUNG Galaxy J6 at £139.99 (down from £179.99)

Probably worth the extra £20 for the 32GB and the OCTOcore processor with 3GB ram

Agreed ?

TIA
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • ballyblack
    Options
    YES the Samsung

or the cheaper moto g6 play 32GB around £120 with much larger battery but lower processor
  • toshi
    toshi Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2018 at 3:49PM
    Options
    toshi wrote: »
    Outside China, Indian market is the biggest customer for Xiami, so first quarter next year is realistic in Europe? It would be better to wait for a couple of months after initial release anyway to fix the bugs. :)

Wow, you have got a timely security update already! :T This is the advantage of Android One devices.You have got one of the most secure Android smartphone in the world, you have received same security update at the latest Google Pixel, But the cost of your Xiaomi Mi 2 Lite is 70-80% cheaper than Google Pixel 3.

Thanks to Android One device, Xiaomi Mi 2 Lite also starts update to the latest Android Pie/9. Don't buy cheap and expensive crap disposable smartphones which do not offer a timely software update.

Just be patient, you will get the Android Pie/9 upgrade eventually in the UK,ANY initial release would contains bugs, it would be wise to wait for a couple of months.:)

Xiaomi ?
    Well, You haven't heard about Xiaomi? It is understandable you have only choice between Samsung and Apple in the UK, (40% market share each in the UK)

It would be the time to catch up with the world trend now? Then ask Indian people (the most exciting smartphone market in the world now)

IDC-India-Smartphone-Market-3Q18.jpg
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I'd like to get a new mobile phone but I'm struggling to find anything that fits, this is what I need:

- Dual SIM (unlocked)
    - Min 32 MB memory
    - Dedicated memory card slot
    - Size max 5.5 inches
    - Max £250
    - Decent battery
    - Decent camera

I'm not interested in playing games or watching movies.

I've had a Xiaomi Redmi 3s for 3 years but I need more memory..

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Xiaomi A2 Lite (more or less) perfectly fits that spec, the screen is a notched screen so the actual screen dimensions are slightly over that but the phone size will I believe suit.
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, it's slightly bigger that I would like but it does tick all the boxes... I really like some Samsungs but they are impossible to find in the UK with the dual sim :(
  • Murielson
    Murielson Posts: 268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Murielson wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Based on yours and others comments on this thread I am looking at getting 2 x Mi A2 Lite at the Amazon deal price of £129.99.

Some great info on this thread all, much appreciated

Edit - blue available for delivery tomorrow, black in 3 to 5 days. Ordered one of each at £129.99 from Amazon

For those who know this Mi A2 Lite phone - what is the best way to set up the microsd card? Gives me option to make it internal memory or able to be used with other devices but not certain of full implications of these choices?
  • ballyblack
    Options
    Gives me option to make it internal memory or able to be used with other devices but not certain of full implications of these choices
    ?

If you make it internal memory you cant use the stored material in another device
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure