Student Overdraft Repayments

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
3 replies 1.3K views
JoshRBoothJoshRBooth Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Student Money Saving
I have recently started a new role as a paid intern with a professional football team. I am looking at consistently paying into my overdraft which is still maxed out! Although the pay will bring in less than £1K a month. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how I can continue to manage my overdraft repayments and live?! I'm so stuck on this! Thanks ahead.

Replies

• flashg67flashg67 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I've missed something, but if you have the salary paid in every month, it will reduce the overdraft temporarily, and as long as you can live on the salary (or less!) you'll be fine. Unless your bank have specific requirements bout payments? If you need more than your salary to live on, you need to look at cutting some expenses, or getting a 2nd job!
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get yourself a separate spending account. Leave all your bills come out of the student account. If your bills come to £200 per month, leave £300 in there so you are using less and less each month. With your spending money in a different account, the temptation is one step further away from instant access.

Oh and leave the student account/bills account debit card at home - don't use it ever.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals