Back to try again..

Options

Comments

• Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks. It really was the best day, it's been a long time coming with various postponements due to covid so it was so great to finally get to see them get married, and meet some of the grooms family who we've never met. Always love a family get together and this one was just extra special.

Picked DD and BFs DD from cub camp this morning. They had an absolute fantastic time and for the whole 40 minute journey home, I don't think they took a breath whilst telling me what they had got up to 🤣. 

Had to go into work for a few hours and sort some stuff when we got back. Then me and DD put our tent up to check it over, as we've booked a few days camping next week whilst we go and visit my Nan. It took us about 45 minutes to do but will be a lot easier next week as my brother and sister will also be there on the campsite. It was all going well until we got the bedroom attachments out and in one them was a dead mouse 😧 so it's now been cleaned out, checked over and moved out of the shed into the garage.

SPC 076
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good time at the wedding :)

Enjoy your camping trip, but eek to dead mouse!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks, looking forward to our camping trip and seeing our Nan :)

Work this week has been pretty chilled out, DS looked after DD on his days off, so she didn't have to come with me. I've also had to pick my nephew up 3 times this week from holiday camp and have him for a couple hours. He stayed for dinner today, as he always does on a Thursday anyway. BF and her DD also come and stayed for dinner. 

DS finally got a space to take his CBT test, so will be doing that later this month. He has his trust fund money, that he will be putting towards a bike.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Have worked this weekend but it has been nice. Got some jobs done at home and in the garden, whilst DD played in the pool. My sister took DD out for the day yesterday, she had a great time. Did give her £10 as knew there was a gift shop but my sister bought her stuff and wouldn't have the money, she also bought home a bag full of free chocolate they were given. She spent the money today at the car boot, got some real good bargains, including a brand new art set for 50p, that is selling on amazon for £28!

Had to take DS to work as the trains are cancelled again, but he has a lift home as he won't be finishing until about 2am again. Going to watch a film now with DD, got some microwave popcorn and some of the chocolate she bought home ☺️. 
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    Options
    Great bargains!
  • Robin09
    Options
    Had a great few days away camping this week. Was so lovely to see our Nan and we packed quite a lot into the 3 days so was all tired out. It was my nephews first time camping and he loved it.

Was back in work Friday and all this weekend, haven't done much else as the heat has wiped me out, but my brother took DD out with them for the day on Friday to do go ape and then down the caves, to cool down ☺️ glad it's going to get cooler this week.

My sister moved house this week, unfortunately the same time that we all away 🤦🏻‍♀️ so none of us could help on the day but have been up to visit, only up the road again and it is lovely, stunning views. 

Payday on Friday and it can't come quick enough, have stuck to budget but until my wages come in, this week will be very tight. 
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    Options
    Glad you had a nice time camping :)
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Just caught up on your diary. Sorry to read about the migraines and health issues. Hope the meds are starting to settle down now and that you are feeling better.

Great news about your sister’s wedding and DS’s Job.🙂
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thank you both :)

This week has been pretty stressful, a huge group in at work, 100+ people and some of them are so rude. I am not the only one who have struggled with them this week, think there is going to be a meeting on Monday to see if they are going to be allowed back next year. DD has had to come in with me all this week, she has been fine but even she can tell this group have been hard work. Luckily tomorrow, she is going out with a friend for the day so doesn't have to come in and then they will be leaving on Saturday.

Have also had to pick my nephew up from holiday club for the last 4 days so haven't really done anything at all this week, the house is a mess too. 

DS had a few days off so went to Nottingham to visit a friend, he came back last night and is in work the rest of the week now, think it's worn him out as he got home from work at 6 and is already fast asleep 😴😆.

Payday tomorrow 🎉 going to order a delivery slot for shopping, I did try the new lidl that opened but I really do hate shopping so much and find I stick to the budget a lot better when we get it delivered. Also got to sort out DDs school stuff, haven't got anything yet apart from a bag she picked up at the car boot. Think we are going to have a day out to Cardiff on my week off and get it sorted. 

Will finish paying off my Christmas club tomorrow too 😁🎅 will definitely be glad I kept up with that, when it comes around. 
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Finally have a week off 🎉 there have been smaller groups in this week which has been easier, but still tiring. Glad to have a bit of time off. Have picked my nephew up everyday too, tomorrow is the last day he is doing holiday camp, so last pick up for the summer, but then he is off to a party so will be having my baby nephew for the night too 😍 don't look after him as much and he is the sweetest.

DD has had some nice days out with friends the last few days. I do feel so lucky that we have family and friends that want to include her on days out and she has done lots of fun stuff during the holidays.

Was led in bed early this morning thinking I could hear knocking, didn't think much of it and then by the time I woke up properly and realised there was actually someone at the door, I had missed the postman so have to take DS to the sorting office tomorrow, he has no idea what he's missed 🤷🏻‍♀️.

DH had to go to the doctors 😳 can't even remember the last time he went, years and years ago. He had a rash come up on his hands and it continued to spread, he works outdoors in the fields and he thinks he must have touched something and had an allergic reaction. Doctor didn't have much idea either, so strong antihistamines and it is slowly going down.

Cleaned and packed the pool away. I know we will probably have a few more warm days but it is so nice to have a tidy up and have the patio back again.
    SPC 076
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure