Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bubbs~~Thanks.
    I am a lot better just bruised and a bit stiff now.
    Had a good night with the girls last night.
    My turn to host.
    Everyone brought something & we had prosseco & raspberry gin :D
    Someone brought this awesome peach & fresh cream swiss roll ~~it was awesome.
    We had a good time.
    Really do need to do more often.
    No idea of syns & TBH I really dont care!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,961 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Bubbs~~Thanks.
    I am a lot better just bruised and a bit stiff now.
    Had a good night with the girls last night.
    My turn to host.
    Everyone brought something & we had prosseco & raspberry gin :D
    Someone brought this awesome peach & fresh cream swiss roll ~~it was awesome.
    We had a good time.
    Really do need to do more often.
    No idea of syns & TBH I really dont care!

Bless you xx
    That sounds like a good evening, booger the syns for one niight, you deserved it after the fall xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Sorry to hear you'd fallen beanie but glad to hear you'd had a good night last night.

WI today saw - 1/2 lb which I'm ok with...just 1/2lb over my pre Christmas weight :rotfl:

Had steak tonight....did I ever tell anyone I hate thinking about what to eat?? .....but had a jacket potato instead of chips from the chippie which is a MAJOR development for me. (Btw how does baked potatoes in the slow cooker fare?) wasn't totally on plan baring in mind the way hubby cooked the mushrooms as well as the non sw peppercorn sauce but a lot better that Saturday nights usually pan out lol.

Currently showing sparkling water as if it's going out of fashion.

Oh how times have changed
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done tete, poohsticks and gettingtheresometime. :T :T :T

Good luck Arkers. :)
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good losses, Tete, TIE, gts and p00hsticks.

It is a horrible, cold, wet, windy and generally miserable day today.

Congrats on new job, Abba.

I have been pretty well behaved today, following yesterday’s SW meltdown.

Brunch: baked potato, cheese (A), 5 Beanz, salad leaves, sweetcorn, carrot ribbons, ff vinaigrette, peach
    Snack: shortbread (5)
    Dinner: king prawn dhansak, black grapes
    Snack later: toast (B) & jam (1)

See you all tomorrow.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • parking_question_chap
    parking_question_chap Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 July 2018 at 12:27AM
    Options

WI today saw - 1/2 lb which I'm ok with...just 1/2lb over my pre Christmas weight :rotfl:

That could just have been dehydration.

I lose more than that after an hours football in the summer months.

Just so I dont get reported to the opinion police I shall clarify that thats an obersvation rather than a dig.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought your body hung on to water when it feels threatened with dehydration - I put on 4lb once the day after a half marathon in hot weather.

Morning all, I went out for tea last night and it was very calorific and not even worth it :( Isn't that the worst? Even the wine was horrible. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise - a reminder that the unhealthy foods we crave maybe aren't as tasty as we imagine.

My grandma is being difficult at the moment so I'm trying not to let that affect other areas of my life, namely my eating habits.

Going to attempt hasselback potatoes today, got fresh rosemary and everything. Just have to put aside the fact that they look like giant woodlice...

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend. We had a massive storm here on Friday night and it's gone chilly and rainy ever since - I think I'm the only person in the country wanting the sunshine to continue :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I downloaded an app to my phone to log my weight - I used to get weighed at group and then log my weight on the SW app - but since I stopped going to group, I got kicked off the app.

I downloaded an app called "weight diary lite" and it's really good, it's available for IOS (can't find on Android).
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see you posting abbafan.:) it's a good idea to use an app to monitor your weight. Sine I got to target I just go to WI about every 2 months to give me access to the SW site. Just ask if you need any syn values.:)

First change in the weather here today and, no, you aren't the only one wishing the sunshine could continue tete. I think it's coming back though but not anything like as hot.:(

You timed your UK holiday perfectly denise.:) Would you recommend doing the JPs for batchcooking in the oven or a SC?

Perfect day for a roast so I'm really looking forward to my dinner even though I haven't had lunch yet.;) I'm going to stuff the neck of the chicken with LM sausage to give some more flavour.

Decided to have a few G & Ts tonight instead of wine as it'll help to keep this week's syns in check. I'm out for lunch on Tuesday and the pub I'm going to mostly does paninis and baguettes for a light lunch. Last time I got them to make me a main size prawn salad so I'll have to allow for mayo.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, red berries
    L: veggie omelette with beetroot
    D: roast chicken, stuffing, SW roasties, BNS and carrots, cabbage, cauli, broccoli, braised red cabbage
    Syns: HM gravy 4? gin syns;)
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    You are all doing so well.

DS1 and DIL leave next Saturday - so back on plan on Sunday.

DIL is going to America with work, then to Singapore.

DS1 is going to Spain with work, then home for a few days before going to Singapore. So I will have a wobble when he is home again.

They are staying with DIL's parents at first - I don't think they are looking forward to it...... maybe we have spoilt them a little too much!

I just need to book a flight - hopefully it will get my motivation back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure