We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Well, I went to the cinema and thought I could eat, but I've never seen so many people snacking......

It made me realise that I also mindless eat when watching TV so it's something I'm going to try to stop.

Yep same, I try to keep my fingers busy by doing some crochet or something but my mouth actually feels empty when I'm not chomping away - hopefully this is something that'll go away after a while!

Well done ladies on your brilliant losses! Weigh day for me tomorrow, had been going great guns until I decided to make coconut ice for my colleagues last night, for my last day today. Couldn't help but keep dipping a finger in :o

Beanie - Hope you're feeling better soon, go careful!

Today:
    B - Granola and mullerlight, apple
    D - Bacon, spring onion and mushroom omelette
    T - Quorn nuggets (I'm assuming these are free?!) with some sort of veg from the freezer
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Granola
    Syns - Bit of coconut ice :o (5?), coconut oil (2), sugar in coffee (4 so far)... will try to leave it at that.

Today was my last day in my job. I am officially unemployed. Trying to be positive about it and do all the DIY etc I need to do but never have the time for! Hopefully the heatwave will continue for a few more weeks so I can enjoy it, though we had a massive thunderstorm this morning.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi tete. You could take advantage of your time off to stock your freezer with some HM ready meals;).

I've done my meal plan and food shop for the week ahead. Not feeling so bloated as I have been so hopefully some of my holiday/World Cup gain is going. It's making me feel more motivated anyway.:)

Robinsons Pink Grapefruit squash was on offer in Sainsbury's today at £1 (instead of £1.75) so I stocked up as I have it with breakfast every morning. It's the least sweet squash I know and makes a good substitute for juice.

EE plan for today:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, red berries
    L: veggie (courgette, pepper, asparagus) omelette with pickled cabbage, ham and cottage cheese
    D: gammon slices. SW chips, tomatoes, mushrooms and medley of green stuff (broccoli, sugar snaps, asparagus).
    Syns: weekend wine:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you Tete :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options

Today:
    B - Granola and mullerlight, apple
    D - Bacon, spring onion and mushroom omelette
    T - Quorn nuggets (I'm assuming these are free?!) with some sort of veg from the freezer
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Granola
    Syns - Bit of coconut ice :o (5?), coconut oil (2), sugar in coffee (4 so far)... will try to leave it at that.

I looked them up... half a syn each. On 14.5 for the day which is OK, just wish it wasn't weigh day tomorrow!

Yep, batch cooking deffo on the agenda Maman, tho maybe not if this weather keeps up!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Lath.

Thin strip of wood.
    Think ssm means thin bubbs not that you're wooden. :D

Morning all.
    Did well yesterday, then ended up with a g&t, then a bag of wotsits!
    A wooden head:rotfl::rotfl:
    Busted!

It does mean a thin piece of wood/stick..... but where I come from and in this context it never ever has a h at the end :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Wish i was:o
    beanielou wrote: »
    Feeling it today:eek:

Great loss for you:T:T

Oh no, hope you are ok though and got over the shock xxx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done everyone that has lost:T:T:T:T
    Still bloomin hot not had the storms we were promised:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Today's food
    2 boiled eggs
    Light n free yoghurt

Lunch
    Chopped fruit

Tea
    Below its Friday after all :D
    Later chopped fruit with ice cream made of yoghurt
    tea_001.jpg
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not had a good day. No excuses.

Breakfast: BLT bap (B) – with cheese (A) - I NEVER have done that before!
    Lunch (out): Findon haddock, gratin, mashed potatoes & neeps, peas, sugar snaps, carrots & broccoli
    Dinner: too warm and too much of a rush (DH going out early) to cook what I’d planned, so egg mayonnaise sandwich
    and last 3 (small!) Mars krispie cake squares (oops!)
    Snack later: grapes
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • Sunflower1227
    Sunflower1227 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry not been around, RL getting in the way, I have a holiday week booked, so havent been to WI. I'm going to batch cook tomorrow , think this will help with meal planning this week, as not sure what we will be doing, as we are both off work for the next couple of weeks.
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Morning all, reporting a 1.5 lb loss please Chris! I was hoping for more as I have been very disciplined this week except for the coconut ice :o

But a loss is a loss and I'm aiming to up my activity levels this week so...

Have a good weekend all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills