We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 13,070 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

Hope everyone is well - commiserations if you're not (sorry, I've not had a chance to read posts this week).

-1 lb for me this week. That's better than I hoped as I know I've not been good this week, so I'll take it. It still means I'm heavier than at the start of the challenge though, so I'm going to try to be extra good this week.

Plan for today

B- Kipper (4) and HEXB wholemeal bread
    L- chicken salad
    D - homemade beef burgers, sweet potato, mushrooms

Snacks: HEXA cheese, red pepper, pears, peaches
    Syns: 4 for kipper, possibly 3 for fruit pastille lolly if the temperature ramps up again.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the losses tete and poohsticks.:T

Good idea to do some batch cooking sunflower. I always have at least one HM ready meal from the freezer in my meal plan each week. I like the flexibility. If plans change and I eat out I can skip it or have it on a night when I'm pushed for time. I'm not very adventurous though just variations on a theme like Bolognese, chilli and savoury mince. Yesterday we had gammon slices that I'd cooked myself and frozen in portions. Would anyone recommend other recipes that freeze well/reheat easily?:)

I'm going to have a JP for lunch today for a change. I really can't say that SP lunches have made a huge difference and as we rarely eat until 8 pm on a Saturday it'll keep me going.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk and red berries
    L: JP with cottage cheese, spring onion and beetroot
    D: Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh, HM pilau, SW chips, mushrooms
    Syns: 1.5 for curry, weekend wine;).
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all :A
    Hope you’ve recovered from the shock of the fall Beanie, hate that feeling!

Think we should all be skinny the amount of perspiring we are doing :p. Big thunder storm with rain hit last night and a bit grey first thing but hot again now :cool:. Oh well gets the washing dry!

WI with -.4lb can’t even lose a full half :p better than a gain though.

Have a good weekend all, my plan is not to move too much! :rotfl:
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Creeps back in with head down in shame. I've not been in touch with you guys for a while, but after a month away on holiday I have 7lbs to lose to get back into the lower target range. I hope you'll welcome me back into the fold?

Lovely to read from "familiar" SW regulars and need to get a grip. Hopefully with a little help I will.

Arkers x
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,663 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back Arkers. If you only have 7lb to lose to get back to bottom end of target then you!!!8217;re only just out of top end and only need to lose a lb or 2 to get back into range which is amazing after a month!!!8217;s holiday.

Maman did you know that you can batch cook and freeze jacket potatoes to reheat later? Keep meaning to do some but haven!!!8217;t got round to it yet!

Today should be on plan!

B - fry up
    L - roast pork and salad
    D - beef stirfry and noodles

Back home tomorrow so need to sort out a meal plan and get some shopping done.

Have bought a gammon joint for tomorrow night!!!8217;s dinner and we can have that cold on Monday but haven!!!8217;t thought beyond that.

Denise
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend other recipes that freeze well/reheat easily?:)

I live alone so I only really cook meals that can be frozen. Usually: bolognese, chilli, all curries, all soups, and stews, and casseroles, diet cola chicken, campfire stew, basically anything in a sauce, and individual portions of cottage pie. Also things like individual portions of bubble and squeak, prepped and ready just to fry.

I froze a crustless quiche last week but it was a bit damp when I had it in my packed lunch - it may be better if you can reheat it before eating though.

Hi Arkers! 7lb is not bad at all for a month long holiday!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Having a break while Christmas cakes are in the oven! Got to start packing for holibob, family want to order more stuff from Sports Direct, so want to know how much space is left! At the way things are going, it will be 2 cases for them & hand luggage for me:rotfl:

Trying to decide what to have for dinner, got a chicken breast. & some mince, made fajitas last night, which were yum, think may make burger & chips & use the rest of the fajita mix tomorrow, will be out at out time for cooking, so they will be quick when I get back. Only got 2 WI before I go on holiday, so would dearly love to get as close as possible to 4st loss before I go, 5lb to do, not hopeful, but if I achieve my aim of 1lb a week, it would be 3 the day I go, so all food will have to be carefully considered.

Weather so much better today, was lovely to get a reasonable nights sleep last night.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great losses Tete & Pooh :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done to the losers:T:T:T
    Beanie, hope you are feeling a bit better today xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Just a quick post to say sorry for not being here for a while and I've missed out on the challenge, but I've just not had the time to keep up with the thread.

Started a new job last Monday, so been a bit hectic and my brain is frazzled!

Speak soon. x
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £40,750.02
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport