Amazon left parcel with neighbours, they denied to have it

Options

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Either you've misread something or I have ;)

Yes, you have. ;)

At the time I posted the OP hadn't confirmed or denied having any delivery instructions set. So Jimmy's questioning was based on an assumption, hence my response. :)
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rather than the whole LBA, then court option, there is another way that could work out a lot quicker.

Assuming you paid by credit or debit card, contact the bank. For a credit card, ask for a refund under section 75 of the consumer credit act. For a debit card, ask for a chargeback for non-delivery.

Either of those is likely to get you banned from Amazon, though.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,623 Forumite
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    I'm just intrigued as to how the rogue delivery drivers / neighbours only seem to pinch expensive laptops and smartphones. Never seen a thread on here where aquarium sponge filters/ kids colouring books/ any of the myriad items that Amazon sell go AWOL when marked as delivered - just laptops and smartphones ......

Yes, it's almost like Amazon are much more likely to replace missing low value items without any fuss, isn't it?
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, it's almost like Amazon are much more likely to replace missing low value items without any fuss, isn't it?

I'm sure Amazon do replace low value items without quibble. I was just musing that the only threads I can recall seeing on here relate to smartphones and laptops, though Amazon sell countless other items costing in the hundreds of pounds.
  • Bodziobsz
    Bodziobsz Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Little update.
    Yesterday i go through all neighbours again asking about that delivery and when i start talking about police involvement, she show me that none in her house live with the name on note from amazon. Surname is same but not name. I'm apologise her for all that situation etc. So now next to me live that older gentleman and few times a day he have a visit from NHS or something like that (few different lady's carrying on him daily) I'm ask him again about that name on note but he don't know anything who visit him with that name. But now it looks like someone who visit him signed that delivery and just gone.
    What problems I can have after I do chargeback? At law is on my side in this situation? I don't really care about my amazon account now :/
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    Bodziobsz wrote: »
    Little update.
    Yesterday i go through all neighbours again asking about that delivery and when i start talking about police involvement, she show me that none in her house live with the name on note from amazon. Surname is same but not name. I'm apologise her for all that situation etc. So now next to me live that older gentleman and few times a day he have a visit from NHS or something like that (few different lady's carrying on him daily) I'm ask him again about that name on note but he don't know anything who visit him with that name. But now it looks like someone who visit him signed that delivery and just gone.
    What problems I can have after I do chargeback? At law is on my side in this situation? I don't really care about my amazon account now :/
    Surely now it's a Police matter.
    Have a chat with your neighbour and let him know your going to report it now as you "suspect" someone who visited has done this. Either way let him know it doesnt reflect on him and he may well thank you if someone who visits his house gets caught with sticky fingers.
    Either way it will look better if you have a crime number to add leverage to any route you choose to go down.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What problems I can have after I do chargeback?
    Since Amazon have already refused you a refund in the circumstances you describe, performing a "chargeback" will be futile as it will simply be reversed.

Not caring about your Amazon account potentially being closed is irrelevant.

The correct procedure now is to contact the Police..
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    I'm just intrigued as to how the rogue delivery drivers / neighbours only seem to pinch expensive laptops and smartphones. Never seen a thread on here where aquarium sponge filters/ kids colouring books/ any of the myriad items that Amazon sell go AWOL when marked as delivered - just laptops and smartphones ......

Maybe because amazon probably just give you the benefit of the doubt with cheap items. Or maybe people are not outraged enough to take to the internet for piddling ammounts. Funny that.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Options
    Little update.

So you have now been to the police and gone to amazopn with this before the chargeback I take it? Otherwise Amazon wil locntent and likely win.
  • katiekittykat
    katiekittykat Posts: 9,622 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Little update.

You need to report to the police now
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure