Brexit discussions

Options

Comments

• tommix
    tommix Posts: 41,256 Forumite
    Options
    Ahh. Tom. Wasn't life simple when you and dreamnine advised on Neil Young, and that actually mattered to me. And then brexit occurred.

Good old days mate..Before brexit, before trump, before the erosion of civilization..:beer:
  • BarryBlue
    BarryBlue Posts: 4,179 Forumite
    Options
    You had me there for a moment Barry! Now I see what you are doing.
    A second and if necessary third referendum is also your wish.
    Nice one!!!128584;
    :rotfl::rotfl:

Ok, it's a fair cop.:o The more elections and referendums the better. But that's only because my wife and I get to run a polling station each time and it's a considerable lump of easy money.:money:

As for Brexit, however, yes I voted remain. But it doesn't really worry us on a personal basis. I get a very good index-linked public sector pension, soon to be augmented with my state pension. My wife will soon be retiring on another excellent PS pension. We have income from BTL properties too. We will be wintering abroad from next year. All is fine, Brexit or no Brexit.:)

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy this useless government's blundering though. :beer:
    :dance:We're gonna be alright, dancin' on a Saturday night:dance:
  • Ted_Bloke
    Ted_Bloke Posts: 24,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The thread is still there, it is just closed.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74623515&postcount=6549
    on account of things I had not seen but maybe people were still up to tricks, trying to get other posters banned.

Anyway I had the last word.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74623480&postcount=6548
    nana.gif
    Sorry my posts so long - not time write shorter ones.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ted_Bloke wrote: »
    Anyway I had the last word.
    nana.gif
    For now ;)

The Savings and Investments board is rapidly becoming the goto place if you want to have an argument with a stranger about Brexit, there was a flurry of post deleting first thing this morning.

Some people have even advised coming to DT if you want to discuss Brexit issues. :whistle:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • walesrob
    walesrob Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    Sleazy wrote: »
    My pleasure ... Master ....

get a room the pair of you :p
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Overclockers has good discussion about Brexit. Since it is all censored here.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/brexit-discussion.18749042/page-2016
  • ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It would help if the mythical Ignore Button existed.

It's not hard to do, it could be on a dropdown from the user name, accessible when clicking on their profile

I'm guessing you do actually know how to do it since you've pretty well described it.

Just select the User Lists drop down from someone's profile page & Add to Ignore List.
  • always_sunny
    always_sunny Posts: 8,314 Forumite
    Options
    ben501 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you do actually know how to do it since you've pretty well described it.

Just select the User Lists drop down from someone's profile page & Add to Ignore List.

That never worked for me (my Chrome doesn't show the option)?
    To put on ignore I have to go to my profile, your setting (top right), then left SETTINGS & OPTIONS and select Edit Ignore List, type the user name and then select them and Save.

It is a bit clumsy, a one click option from the user menu would be handy!
    EU expat working in London
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Think we are only allowed to sing come-by-ahh with each other now aren't we?

Strange thing is, this insistance on removing threads just grows anger. I completely get that MSE doesn't want to get sued - but that surely shows the issues we face right now, if silencing people is now the preferred method of controlling a bunch of people.

I couldn't agree more.

However, & with no disrespect at all to the poster who suggested as much, the idea that only 'someone with a 100 posts (plus sufficient 'thanks') to their nym', has anything worthwhile to add, is most questionable.

I take it that the 100 posts idea means that you won't get someone joinng just to be malicious, or at least it is harder to, not that someone with just 1 post reflects on their points being valid.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 August 2018 at 1:30PM
    Options
    ben501 wrote: »

That never worked for me (my Chrome doesn't show the option)?
    To put on ignore I have to go to my profile, your setting (top right), then left SETTINGS & OPTIONS and select Edit Ignore List, type the user name and then select them and Save.

It is a bit clumsy, a one click option from the user menu would be handy!

Doesn't work for me, either - have tried in Chrome and Edge.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family