PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Prepping for Brexit thread

Options

Comments

• maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    That is a really helpful insight thank you. Is your background in logistics?
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 July 2018 at 7:54PM
    Options
    maryb wrote: »
    That is a really helpful insight thank you. Is your background in logistics?
    Hi

Yes, No & Not quite ... :) ... think more along the lines of large multinational organisations and how they plan & do everything that they do on a daily basis, what they do to improve what they do & what they do to ensure that they can still do it when something serious goes wrong! .. that's my background! ;)

Mind though, many years ago, amongst other things, I held responsibility for specifying & costing packaging methods, transport type & transportation, onward shipping, ECGD, duties etc for exports to both the EU and elsewhere, including what many would classify as JIT supply ... believe me, it doesn't take a genius to find solutions!

What needs to be appreciated is that, like everything else, anyone who hasn't got a clue what they're doing can make a real mess without realising it ... and ... if 'someone' wants to make something sound, or be, more complex than necessary because it in some-way suits their agenda, then they'll be tempted to take advantage!

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 27 July 2018 at 8:21PM
    Options
    I shall still make a decent investment in baked beans!

Don't she messenger - I only post what I read because it might be of interest given the thread title, not because I necessarily believe it all!

I hate predictive text on this stupid computer it should of course read SHOOT! aaagghhhhhh!
  • maryb
    Options
    Mrs L, I shall be stocking up as well even though I am not convinced there will be/needs to be disruption for more than a couple of weeks. As you say, there is absolutely no harm in having a well stocked cupboard of things you will eat anyway and peace of mind shouldn't be a JIT commodity
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, me too!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Girl can never have too much corned beef!
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for everyones input on this thread. It is much appreciated by me.
    I put a few extras in my trolley today, dried milk, tea bags and tomato sauce ( the latter because it was on offer ). Whatever happens I need my tea with milk :rotfl:. I shall continue to stock up anyway in case of illness, bad weather or anything else.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • maryb
    Options
    :eek: Sorry Mrs L any corned beef is too much corned beef for this girl. Force fed it at primary school, that and butter beans. The smell of either makes me feel yuk
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'll have yours what would you like in return, seem to have many beans???
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Love tinned corned beef. Only problem is I cannot manage to open the tins without a lot of blood spilt from cuts. Those darned turnkeys are useless!

I have a longing for a corned beef sandwich now. Thanks for that everyone!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback